1.    #1  
    Hello all, I'm new here.

I just got off ebay yesterday a used Treo 300 before realizing that it can't TEXT! It only recieves Text, no sending.

I'm legally deaf and can't hear phones, so I use email and text to communicate.

So, my question is this; do they have any software or updates so this phone will do text both ways?

I really like the phone and want to keep it if possible as I can connect the Dell notebook online with it besides using the PDA.

If not, then back on ebay it goes...

Thanks in advance.

Jack
    Try this PDAAPPS
  3.    #3  
    Hey thanks for the fast reply... I will try it out when my phone gets here.

Has anyone tried this program?
    http://www.pdaapps.com/TreoSmsApp/
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    What about using ICQ or AIM ?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bibojim
    What about using ICQ or AIM ?
    I've never used either. Do you have to have web access to do that?

I like texting and am comfortable with it using with my T-Mobile phone.
    I just wanted to try the treo 300 since it is bigger and can be used with my notebook.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jack52
    I've never used either. Do you have to have web access to do that?

I like texting and am comfortable with it using with my T-Mobile phone.
    I just wanted to try the treo 300 since it is bigger and can be used with my notebook.
    Ah yes you would need the Vision Service ($15 per month) to use AIM and or ICQ. Does sprint offer a data only plan like the SideKick? (I'm guessing your T-Mobile phone is the SK). T-Mobile really has a good deal that way. Have you looked into the Ogo from AT&T ? only $17.95 per month
    http://www.attwireless.com/cell-phon...go/index.jhtml
  7.    #7  
    Ah yes you would need the Vision Service ($15 per month) to use AIM and or ICQ. Does sprint offer a data only plan like the SideKick? (I'm guessing your T-Mobile phone is the SK). T-Mobile really has a good deal that way. Have you looked into the Ogo from AT&T ? only $17.95 per month
    http://www.attwireless.com/cell-phon...go/index.jhtml
    Okay, the question is; can the theo 300 be used by another service besides Sprint? Unlocking maybe? I like T-Mobile if all possible. Great service and coverage with my other phone.... I know nothing about Sprint.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    No, the Treo 300 will only work with Sprint.
  9.    #9  
    No, the Treo 300 will only work with Sprint.
    I hear the Sprint service SUCKS... what is your experience with them?
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I get better service with Sprint than I did with t-mobile. There were many places my sidekick did not work that my Sprint phone does work. It really varies on where one lives though and the coverage in their area.
  11.    #11  
    I get better service with Sprint than I did with t-mobile. There were many places my sidekick did not work that my Sprint phone does work. It really varies on where one lives though and the coverage in their area.
    That's good to hear!
    I live in the Seattle, WA area so you'd think the coverage should be okay there