Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We are currently working diligently to provide the following features for the next release.

- SMS Support
    - Treo650 and T5 Support
    - No Battery drain in Treo650 even in direct data mode
    - Enhanced Speed
    - HiRez Icons/Images
    - Additional Skins

and many more... Stay glued for the next release. It would be worth the wait.
    Last edited by causerie; 12/13/2004 at 09:14 PM.
    I am glued (but not to the seat). Shall we also stay glued for Call Shield? Ben
    When is it planned to be released?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    I am glued (but not to the seat). Shall we also stay glued for Call Shield? Ben
    Sure Ben. CallShield for 650 would also be released. Are there any new features that you are specifically looking for apart from bug fixes?
  5.    #5  
    alex, Causerie should be tentatively released to beta testers next week. We will post it here and our forums requesting some beta testers to test new features and give us some suggestions/feedback.
    Yes in fact there were a couple of enhancements I had emailed in a few months ago just before the last version was released. I no longer have the email due to moving bunches of things to a lap top and the lap top succumbing to the fatal coke disease. Lost lots of stuff. The issue that really stands out in my feeble mind is that related to sorting or ordering of the entries. The method used is cumbersome and requires lots of repeated action. The method used, tapping the up or down arrow repeatedly until the correct position is reached is very time consuming. Highlight and move holding the up/down button until the position is reached is more efficient than tapping until the position is achieved.

Another enhancement would be the supporting of different noise formats, WAV and other formats. In addition, this release with the latest release of PTunes results in the chosen WAV file going into a loop that can only be exited by performing the dreaded reset ritual if the stop button in the Pocket Tunes window does not work and it does not work 100% of the time. I do though like the volume selection slide bar.

Using the 5-way and trying to scroll beyond the first group of numbers is very cumbersome. It wants to go to NEW when the bottom of the screen is reached instead of continuing its downward scroll. Movement through the contacts is not as convenient as it could be.

Happy holidays!

Ben
    Will there be and update to CallShield (CS) for the 600 as well?
    And DevGuard?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    Yes in fact there were a couple of enhancements I had emailed in a few months ago just before the last version was released. I no longer have the email due to moving bunches of things to a lap top and the lap top succumbing to the fatal coke disease. Lost lots of stuff. The issue that really stands out in my feeble mind is that related to sorting or ordering of the entries. The method used is cumbersome and requires lots of repeated action. The method used, tapping the up or down arrow repeatedly until the correct position is reached is very time consuming. Highlight and move holding the up/down button until the position is reached is more efficient than tapping until the position is achieved.

Another enhancement would be the supporting of different noise formats, WAV and other formats. In addition, this release with the latest release of PTunes results in the chosen WAV file going into a loop that can only be exited by performing the dreaded reset ritual if the stop button in the Pocket Tunes window does not work and it does not work 100% of the time. I do though like the volume selection slide bar.

Using the 5-way and trying to scroll beyond the first group of numbers is very cumbersome. It wants to go to NEW when the bottom of the screen is reached instead of continuing its downward scroll. Movement through the contacts is not as convenient as it could be.

Happy holidays!

Ben
    Ben, these things will be taken care of. Thanks.
  10.    #10  
    tymerock, apart from minor bug fixes and what Ben suggested, I do not think there is much to add in CallShield. If you have any idea(s), let me know. Someone proposed CallShield integration with datebook but not sure how important this feature is.

DevGuard should also be released around the same time.
    Integrating it with Datebook? Ok, not something I thought of. Frankly, Call Shield is a good program and a few fixes are all it needs to bring it up to speed. Ben

Quote Originally Posted by causerie
    tymerock, apart from minor bug fixes and what Ben suggested, I do not think there is much to add in CallShield. If you have any idea(s), let me know. Someone proposed CallShield integration with datebook but not sure how important this feature is.

DevGuard should also be released around the same time.
    Causerie very much needs integration with the system preferences or directly with Profiles so the user can stop the audible/vibrate alerts or even set "away" status through a profile.

CallShield needs integration with Profiles like CallFilter has, with sets of rules per profile. Also, "auto reply to SMS" is one of my favorite features of CallFilter missing in CallShield.

These features would also indirectly integrate Causerie and CallShield with Datebook since Profiles has that already. Perhaps you could write your own profile application to ensure future compatibility/support/etc.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    With 2.0, will you have to "log back in" when you're alerted to a new IM?
    Quote Originally Posted by Conqueror
    You don't have to today in 1.8 as far as I can tell
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdType
    Causerie very much needs integration with the system preferences or directly with Profiles so the user can stop the audible/vibrate alerts or even set "away" status through a profile.

CallShield needs integration with Profiles like CallFilter has, with sets of rules per profile. Also, "auto reply to SMS" is one of my favorite features of CallFilter missing in CallShield.

These features would also indirectly integrate Causerie and CallShield with Datebook since Profiles has that already. Perhaps you could write your own profile application to ensure future compatibility/support/etc.
    Causerie preferences for vibrate/ringtones are already built into the application from 1.0.

Profiles is a seperate application and not lot of users like to buy a second application to use all the features. Best bet would be to add that feature by default in CallShield.

Are you suggesting us to give an option to setup profiles(vibrate/ring etc) and then give an option to the user to map a user to the profiles he setup?
  16.    #16  
    Right from 1.0, Causerie supported background IMs. You never have to log back in to check your new IMs.
    I'm confused. What I'm talking about definitely was not included in 1.0. When I'd get an IM, Causerie was indeed working in the backround and would alert me to the IM, BUT to read it I'd go to Causerie and it would do this 5-sec countdown auto-login thing. Have you already gotten rid of it? I hope so b/c other than that, Causerie was great!
    Quote Originally Posted by causerie
    Causerie preferences for vibrate/ringtones are already built into the application from 1.0.

Profiles is a seperate application and not lot of users like to buy a second application to use all the features. Best bet would be to add that feature by default in CallShield.

Are you suggesting us to give an option to setup profiles(vibrate/ring etc) and then give an option to the user to map a user to the profiles he setup?
    I think you misunderstand. I would like a way to control Causerie's vibrate/ringtones/status externally. Preferably all applications should respect the system's preferences in some fashion. I realize Causerie has too many alert options to properly map them to a system preference. In this case you could, for example, simply give the option for Causerie not to vibrate/sound if the SMS system sound preference is set to not vibrate/sound. If SMS is set to vibrate/sound, then use the more complex settings in Causerie. Of course this does not help with externally setting the away status. Profiles does have the ability to notify other applications when profiles are switched. Its explained in the included documentation.

BTW Profiles is FREE. I know that CallFilter is your competitor but maybe you should spend some time examining the power of Profiles + CallFilter. For example my setup is here.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    I'm confused. What I'm talking about definitely was not included in 1.0. When I'd get an IM, Causerie was indeed working in the backround and would alert me to the IM, BUT to read it I'd go to Causerie and it would do this 5-sec countdown auto-login thing. Have you already gotten rid of it? I hope so b/c other than that, Causerie was great!
    Causerie will let you converse in a popup window if it detects a message coming in while it is in the bg. It will also switch directly to Causerie (no count down) if asked from this popup window.
  20.    #20  
    Jaytee, thanks.

Conqueror, gotcha! Yes, we got rid of login again when coming back from background mode.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast