Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Causerie Messenger is a "Unified Instant Messaging" solution for Palm OS devices which lets users communicate with one another instantly and seamlessly across major instant messaging service networks including MSN, Yahoo, Causerie-Server and Jabber.

Causerie Premier edition supports roBots (Bots), powerful buddy agents which retrieve real time information like stock, weather, news, currency, traffic info, eBay auction information etc. With Causerie, you can communicate "Anywhere, Anytime" with your family, friends and even business associates without the need of a PC or laptop. It also facilitates multi account login of same IM platform.

For more information, visit http://www.mantragroup.com/causerie.htm

http://www.mantragroup.com/images/causerie_ani3.jpg
    http://www.mantragroup.com/images/contact_sapecific.GIF
    Last edited by causerie; 12/13/2004 at 05:48 PM.
  2. zoz
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Anyone try this yet? Is it any good compared to the others?
    I use it and like it a lot
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I have used it for a while. Causerie will have you hooked after a couple of days. The best thing for you to do is to give it a try for yourself. Its free for 15 days and nights (lol).
    causerie is also expensive. Mundu Interoperable Messenger is a fraction of the price. Fewer features, but not everyone needs all the extra fluff.

http://wireless.mundu.com/
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
  6.    #6  
    Thanks Scotty and Tymerock

Causerie is not really expensive considering the benefits that you get out of the program.

Without applications, there is not much value to the expensive device we carry. With 24.99$ per year (it gets down to 14.99 if you take for 3 years - not considering the 20% off that we are carrying these 2 weeks), Causerie offers lot of value. Some users think that 3 years is a big period (you get it for steal price - 14.99$) and are not sure if they would use it for that long. Early next year, we will bring Causerie on all platforms (ranging from BB, Symbian, J2ME to PPC). So wherever you go, you can use your same license key. Most of them do not have solutions on all platforms (even if they, pricing is different, issues with license keys etc.)

Bots are something new and innovative which we came up with. You can retrieve real time information like stocks, weather, treocentral news, ebay auction status, fedex tracking etc etc. Possibilities are endless.

We are also working with the IM providers which will make sure that our IM plugins still work even if the network provider change their protocol avoiding the rogue applications out there. We will get to know early part of next year where we stand on this.

The present version consume lot lesser data when compared to others (you save your data bill from carrier). The newer version which uses SMS would lower your data bill.

We are constantly working on the product. Other products came well before us (some years) and with 2.0, we will have almost ALL the features that anyone provides (actually more). Just 2 months after the release of this product, we are seeing some interesting response. Feature list goes long and we promise that it will be going long!
    Quote Originally Posted by causerie
    Thanks Scotty and Tymerock

Causerie is not really expensive considering the benefits that you get out of the program.

Without applications, there is not much value to the expensive device we carry. With 24.99$ per year (it gets down to 14.99 if you take for 3 years - not considering the 20% off that we are carrying these 2 weeks), Causerie offers lot of value. Some users think that 3 years is a big period (you get it for steal price - 14.99$) and are not sure if they would use it for that long. Early next year, we will bring Causerie on all platforms (ranging from BB, Symbian, J2ME to PPC). So wherever you go, you can use your same license key. Most of them do not have solutions on all platforms (even if they, pricing is different, issues with license keys etc.)
    as i said, mundu is a fraction of the price of causerie. *one time* $14.99 cost, as opposed to ongoing annual costs. if one doesn't need bots or some of the other advanced features, it is far and away the better value.

i think causerie ought to consider a tiered price structure. you'll get more customers. sell a 'lite' version at a price competitive with mundu, one time charge. if people like it, they'll upgrade. so you'll get the same audience for the 'full' version, but also pick up customers like me who balk at annual licensing.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    Mundu is OK, but definitely on the light side compared to causerie:

1. Mundu: 2 services at a time, Causerie: 10 services at a time
    2. Mundu: single account of each type, Causerie: 2 accounts of each type available
    3. Mundu: no bots, Causerie: 14 different bots more being developed
    4. Mundu: no background notification, Causerie: customizable background notification

Part of the problem with a one-time charge comes from Causerie's use of a server to deliver the richer, more customizable content. To support the server and load, a subscription service is required.
    I beta tested Causarie. It continually caused resets on my Treo 600 and never functioned properly. Then you add in a yearly fee. Definetly not worth, even if the bugs are fixed. There are cheaper options. I am a beta tester for Chit Chat and it has worked flawlessly for me even as a beta version. If they can beat Causaries price when they release, go with them.
    I beta test Causerie now. It does not reset my Treo 600. It functions properly. It is definitely worth it, and the bugs are fixed.

If you beta test software, you _should_ _expect_ it to reset your device and have bugs. (That's why you are a beta tester.) After you report back your findings and work with the developer, the resets and bugs are fixed and general users get to use a much more functional product.

I would rather beta test for developers who push the envelope and break things now and again....

Never heard of Chit Chat... Do you have a link to a development page or summary of services?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrisonmuscle
    I beta tested Causarie. It continually caused resets on my Treo 600 and never functioned properly. Then you add in a yearly fee. Definetly not worth, even if the bugs are fixed. There are cheaper options. I am a beta tester for Chit Chat and it has worked flawlessly for me even as a beta version. If they can beat Causaries price when they release, go with them.
    morrisonmuscle: Sorry to know that you were experiencing reset problems. You should try Causerie now. If you can report a reset problem, I will issue a registration key free. If your evaluation expired, just email me at support at mantragroup.com your device id and I will give you 2 months more evaluation time.

We are aware of one problem which MIGHT happen if you have a business card linked in your address book.
    You did not give me free key when I reported the bugs in beta. Well, I did not complain! . j/k

Frankly, Causerie is lot better than Mundu but I understand their service costs. I often think how Mundu is doing it. The secret looks like they are charging for upgrades. They have a fairly naive clients and they will have to do at least 2-3 revisions to catch Causerie and I am sure they will make more! This happened to me with DocsToGo. Eventually, I gave up and now I am looking only for free upgrades.

Anybody faced similar situation!
    Quote Originally Posted by causerie
    morrisonmuscle: Sorry to know that you were experiencing reset problems. You should try Causerie now. If you can report a reset problem, I will issue a registration key free. If your evaluation expired, just email me at support at mantragroup.com your device id and I will give you 2 months more evaluation time.

We are aware of one problem which MIGHT happen if you have a business card linked in your address book.
    I will take you up on your offer. I had continual crashes and problems updating to the newer beta versions. I realize crashes are a part of beta testing, but I eventually gave up. I will e-mail you my product ID later and give the completed version a try. It would be nice to compare Chit Chat to a working Causarie anyways. I do appreciate good customer service and responsiveness to concerns. That ussually is a big selling point for me. Also, I can not truly speak for the price of Chit Chat as it is still in beta. Anyone wants to compare, just sign up for beta testing. You can find it in this forum.
  14.    #14  
    morrisonmuscle, Good to hear that. We are always looking for beta testers who can show us resets thereby making the product more and more robust.
    Has anyone used this with the Treo 650 yet?
    Yep, works great. 2.0 just came out (www.mantragroup.com/causerie.htm)

My Treo 650 keeps resetting when trying to open this program. I using version 2.0 what can I do to stop this? It was working fine till I bought the full version of it.
    I would try deleting and reinstalling to ensure nothing was left over from a previous version

thanks I will give that a try. tired it today and it seems to work fine could it have anything to do with the battery being low?
    Last edited by ynotbe28; 03/15/2005 at 05:24 AM.
    It's possible, but my guess is that something was left over from a previous release so uninstalling and reinstalling probably cleared up whatever the discrepancy was.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast