Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just needing to vent here but also to see if I am doing something wrong. So I go out and spend $600 on a phone and think I am getting a better version of Doc to Go with it but I still don't have spell check and many other features. To get that I have to spend another $30. Couldn't Palmone have bundled the latest software at least? I spoke to Dataviz and they are using Version 7 now and we have version 4 with the 650. Am I being petty?
    Mine came with ver 7
    The Treo 650 definitely comes with Ver. 7. I can't vouch to all of the available features, because I haven't used it to that extent, but 7 is definitely the version.
    My Treo 650, purchased directly from PalmOne, came with Documents to Go "Professional Edition" version 7, though some of the program was not preinstalled on the phone and had to be installed from the CD that came with it. This version does not include a spell checker. One can supposedly upgrade to "Premium Edition" which includes a spell checker for an extra $10. See here:

http://www.dataviz.com/products/docu...ogo/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintoro
    Just needing to vent here but also to see if I am doing something wrong. So I go out and spend $600 on a phone and think I am getting a better version of Doc to Go with it but I still don't have spell check and many other features. To get that I have to spend another $30. Couldn't Palmone have bundled the latest software at least? I spoke to Dataviz and they are using Version 7 now and we have version 4 with the 650. Am I being petty?
    Pretty sure you are mistaken. The treo 650 comes with ver.7
    How can I install DTG on my SD Card - and can I run it from there?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm VII > Visor > Visor Prism > Visor Phone > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Centro (running T-Mobile) > Almost Broke, but had enough $$ left over to get HD DVR w/DirecTV.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoman270
    How can I install DTG on my SD Card - and can I run it from there?
    http://support.dataviz.com/support.s...13395&pid=2000
    Mine is a 7, and working well off my card. I love the 650....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I just moved my DTG to the card and now for some reason Snapper doesn't recognize it as available to open a word file??? HELP
    Do you go into the prefs and set Snappermail as the default app for email?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Yeah it is. When i put Docs to Go in RAM then it is available in Snapper but from the card it is not.
    Did you use that Data Viz tech tool to move DTG to the SD card?
    Within SM>Preferences>System, did you place a check mark next to "Register as the default email app"?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    The actual Documents app has to stay in RAM, but the component apps (SheetToGo, etc.) can be moved to the card.
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4
    The actual Documents app has to stay in RAM, but the component apps (SheetToGo, etc.) can be moved to the card.
    Yeah make sure you leave the actual Documents app in RAM. But then again if you use the tech tool it will automatically move what can be moved and will leave the Documents app in RAM.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Link: What components of Documents To Go can be stored on memory cards and expansions cards?

Documents To Go supports the movement of the following components to an expansion card:

* WordToGo.prc
    * SheetToGo.prc
    * SlideShowToGo.prc (Windows Only) - Professional & Premium Editions Only

All other Documents To Go components must remain on the Palm OS handheld memory:
    Chris

Evolution: PalmPilot > Palm Vx > Visor Prism > iPaq 3955 > iPaq 4155 > Treo 600 > Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintoro
    Version 7 with mine. Are you sure you got version 4 on yours? That's strange.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Mine (unlocked GSM) is running version 7.001 (815).

BTW, do I need to register/activate it via the "Registration Info" link?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    You should register to get the updates. I'm currently at v7.003 (851).
    Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl
    One can supposedly upgrade to "Premium Edition" which includes a spell checker for an extra $10. See here:
    Though the price difference is only $10 ($39.95 -> $49.95), if you try and upgrade, they tell ya that you have the $39.95 version but that they want $29.95 for ya to get the $49.95 version.

Jack
    Does anyone know how to insert a picture in a docs to go .doc file? I'd like to be able to generate a document with my company logo at the top.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast