Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel650
    You're right.

Anyway, I was only using BB in personal email mode (had my email forwarded from Exchange to the BB account with T-Mobile) and was only trying to replicate that process.

It is going reasonably well now, after disabling VersaMail and purchasing Snapper.

Mel -

If you like Snapper, try Chatter. I am a four year BB user and I think that Chatter works better than BB/Intellisync, albeit w/o calendars and contacts syncing OTA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Can anyone say defective unit? Clearly they are not all like that or no one here would like their 650. Get a replacement. There is a warranty.
    This is a known issue.

Sporadic enough - painfully annoying enough.

Those that can deal with it will, those that cannot - will move on.

Hopefully just a firmware will fix this.

Regards,
    dolo
    .:Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around:.
    Quote Originally Posted by dolo
    This is a known issue.

Sporadic enough - painfully annoying enough.

Those that can deal with it will, those that cannot - will move on.

Hopefully just a firmware will fix this.

Regards,
    dolo
    Your statement implies that all 650's are like this. They aren't. That was my point. I dont have the problem so either I got the only working unit or it's not a known issue. It may be a possibility but it is certainly not a "feature" of all 650's.
    sadly enough - my phone worked flawlessly until this past weekend.

I hope your phone sticks it out!

regards,
    dolo
    .:Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around:.
    From what I've read on the board here a separate phone & pda sounds like the most functional, less aggravating option.

Is the BB 7100 equal to the traditional BB in terms of reliability and toughness? That would prevent having 2 connectivity bills ( phone + BB) and keep the gadget count at 2. Email is essential for me.
    I'm considering carrying 2 or 3 gadgets despite my dislike for schlepping them around.

NisnNisnSi - thanks for your post.

I know several people with BBs. You'd have to rip them out from their cold, dead hands. I agree, for business mail I couldn't recomment the 650 over the BB with a clear conscience. For email usage, the BB is just easier to understand, easier to use, sturdier, more stable. But, if you want to do anything beyond email, then the BB starts losing out rapidly IMHO.
    This is a good thread, mostly info and little kiddie stuff.
    My company just forced us all to switch from Blackberrys to Goodlink powered Palms (a support issue???). I didn't mind using both when I had to, and at first it was depressing but after using Goodlink for a week, I could never imagine going back! This is how Treos were supposed to be!
    I'm waiting for my THIRD unit to arrive. Hopefully, if they keep sending them to me, I'll evenutally get a unit that isn't defective. Actually, they seem to work find until I use the speaker phone - that's when the robotics kick in.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12