1.    #1  
    Hi all,
    I use Snappermail to poll my email account once every hour. When it checks email, the screen comes on, connects to the server, downloads the mail, and turns the screen off.

Sometimes the check crashes the Treo, usually causing it to hang with the screen on in the "connecting to server" dialog. Since many of these checks occur at night, I often wake up to find a drained battery, since the screen was on all night. I have Crashguard installed, it very rarely catches the problem.

Is there a way to keep the screen off while doing the mail checks, so if the Treo crashes during this time, it won't drain the battery so badly? It's a major problem!

Thanks!
  2.    #2  
    Bump
    Quote Originally Posted by qweewq11
    Hi all,

Is there a way to keep the screen off while doing the mail checks...
    Use VersaMail
    Anyone come up with a solution to this other than use Versamail? I just downloaded Snapper and giving it a try to see if I like it. Versamail has been getting more and more flakey on me in the last month. It was working great now it behaves strange.. anyways how do we keep the screen off when it retireves?

TS
    you don't. snapper doesnt't have background fetch. hopefully it will in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by TimPhillips
    Use VersaMail
    It's funny how so many people think that is the solution for everything. We all don't love versamail or want to use it.
    I for one, could never get versamail to connect using secure Imap or secure POP... Snapper works great for me...

Art
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!