Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Since you got some sort of email for this guy at sprintpcs.com maybe you can report him to sprint as well..
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaronbrass
    That is where I reported this guy. Shame eBay doesn't have a 1-800 number for this sort of thing. E-mail is so plain.
    I agree 100% but I'm sure they get all kind of people contacting them. They make you jump through alot of hopps to weed out the losers that would report for bad reasons.

I've reported many frauds on ebay and its a real pain to do so! Glad you did not get ripped off and thought of talking it over!

Chalk one up for the good guys!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6939927076

Emailed him this.......
    Hi, i'm interested in purchasing all 5 of your GSM treo 650's... Are they $999 each? Can you please send me a photo of the inside of the unit (behind the battery cover). I want to make sure it uses the same SIM card that I have with AT&T.

Oh also, I do not have paypal, is it ok if I send western union? How much for shipping??

Thanks!!

Wonder if I'll hear back...... lol Probably not as fun as abusing the Nigerian spam scammers, but we'll see...
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar99
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6939927076

Emailed him this.......
    Hi, i'm interested in purchasing all 5 of your GSM treo 650's... Are they $999 each? Can you please send me a photo of the inside of the unit (behind the battery cover). I want to make sure it uses the same SIM card that I have with AT&T.

Oh also, I do not have paypal, is it ok if I send western union? How much for shipping??

Thanks!!

Wonder if I'll hear back...... lol Probably not as fun as abusing the Nigerian spam scammers, but we'll see...
    LOL cant wait to see the response if you get one.
    So you can purchase all 5 for $999.00 or 1 for $300.00? LOL I love it! They're getting better though.. there's a pic of the phone in the box I haven't seen before.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkomatic
    So you can purchase all 5 for $999.00 or 1 for $300.00? LOL I love it! They're getting better though.. there's a pic of the phone in the box I haven't seen before.
    Listing it like he did is against ebay policy. You can't offer people a different way and tell the to go to a site or e-mail you for it. They really fight against it becasue they don't get there fee that way!
    Quote Originally Posted by JAnderson
    Listing it like he did is against ebay policy. You can't offer people a different way and tell the to go to a site or e-mail you for it. They really fight against it becasue they don't get there fee that way!
    I dont think they approve of people selling imaginary items for several hundred dollars either... Either way I think this guy is counting on getting some money before ebay notices
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Here's another one, only $300 this time!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6729957389
  9.    #49  
    That account most definitely has been compromised. If you check the Seller's feedback and look at some of the previous items he sold, you'll see he was from Southwestern, MI... (not sure if that is a city or just citing geographic location). The 650 is being sold from LOUISVILLE, KY in the United Kingdom. Being from the UK originally, I know we do not have a Louisville. More specifically, we do not have a Louisville, Kentucky. And why would a US Seller be asking for payment in British Pounds Sterling (GBP)?

We should make a group effort to consistently report these items to eBay. I've already taken care of this recent one.

I almost feel like emailing this doofus and taking him for a ride, too.

Have to say, though... the picture of the phone out of the box and on is not one I have seen yet.
    this reminds me of the PPP Powerbook that was going on!
    the scammer got scammed
    We out to create a couple "throw-away" eBay accounts and bid these fakes up to $3000 each.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    We out to create a couple "throw-away" eBay accounts and bid these fakes up to $3000 each.
    That sounds like fun. But i am willing to go up to 10,000. HaHa, I out bid you.
    (Names & emails deleted for privacy - edit: auction is cancelled)

Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 10:22 AM
    To: MisterEd

Subject: Re: Question for item #6939927076 - treo 650 *** I have cdma and GSm unlocked version!***

THIS IS A SCAM, SOMEONE IS TRYING TO USE MY E-BAY ACCOUNT WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE. SORRY.

----- Original Message -----

To: Art
    Sent: Monday, December 13, 2004 7:39 PM
    Subject: Question for item #6939927076 - treo 650 *** I have cdma and GSm unlocked version!***

Dear 19904scuba,

Your eBay account has been hijacked. Contact eBay and cancel this auction

MisterEd

http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/x.gif
    Item #6939927076

Item Title treo 650 *** I have cdma and GSm unlocked version!***
    Listing end date Dec-16-04
    When I have the time, I have also been emailing the bidders to let them know it is probably a scam and that they shoudl be careful. Have gotten some VERY grateful responses.
    Well I got a reply.....

--- Queenmonaco@aol.com wrote:
    > First I want to tell you that my phones are brand
    > new UNLOCKED TO ENY NETWORK, unopened box
    > all listed accessories included and also an
    > international warranty.
    > The invoice will come at the same time with the
    > package.
    > My buy it now price is the best you could get:
    > 300usd/unit, including the
    > shipping and insurance taxes. We will pay them
    > because the package
    > will be delivered from Europe.
    > As delivery service we use UPS2days air service
    > (with insurance and
    > 15 days return policy), because it's the faster. And
    > if you will have
    > a quick payment, we must also have a quick delivery.
    > So that's why we
    > use as a payment method Western Union money
    > transfer, the fastest and
    > also very secure way of sending money.
    > So, if you agree with my terms I'm sure
    > that we can close the deal as soon as possible.
    > Waiting your quick answer right now

and wrote back...

Queen -- I'm on AT&T, not ENY. Will the E.N.Y. network phones work on AT&T?

I would like 5 for my family -- so that's $1500 total. The invoice will come when I get my package? Please let me know and I will give you my address.

Also, please send some pictures of the unit.

Thank you!
    Yeah, Western Union is a very secure way to send money - for the scammer

Also, the "ENY" bit was a little too much ham
    Last edited by DaleReeck; 12/14/2004 at 01:14 PM.
    Let's all get together and over the next two weeks send him enough e-mail to crash his system. Who's with me.
    I To have Been watching for scammers on Ebay, I use the Auctions Frequently to sell equipment that our company has purchased for evaluation purpose's. What amazes Me more than anything is how often people will jump right in and bid on new technology products that Have yet to be released for purchase by the Manufacture and are listed on Ebay By someone who has "0" feedback or has feedback for nothing but selling baseball cards etc.( Obvious Hijacked Account) . I attempt to watch for these Items and send the bidders warnings..
    Ebay is on the ball doing their job... All of the links are now invalid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney
    I To have Been watching for scammers on Ebay, I use the Auctions Frequently to sell equipment that our company has purchased for evaluation purpose's. What amazes Me more than anything is how often people will jump right in and bid on new technology products that Have yet to be released for purchase by the Manufacture and are listed on Ebay By someone who has "0" feedback or has feedback for nothing but selling baseball cards etc.( Obvious Hijacked Account) . I attempt to watch for these Items and send the bidders warnings..
    Sadly, it's because most folks are stupid.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast