Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    GWB - I decided not to. I'm just going to go through the motions with him. Take him for a ride like he plans on doing some unsuspecting, innocent buyer. I could care less if I get negative feedback - I'm just trying to protect myself. And btw, I'm not a kid, either :-P

Speaking of the availability of the phone: I spoke to the Treo Retail store in San Jose last week (I'm travelling there on business in the coming weeks), and one rep I spoke to said they would have the phone in stock (GSM version) this week. Is this possible? Or is the rep just poorly informed?
    Based on your last reply. I'd forget the Scam on E-bay and tough it out for another week. Why sweat it? If the ebay scammer is legit, it'll take the phone a few days to get to you just the same.

By the way, I've got some decent land at the Southern tip of Florida I can sell ya. I'll throw in a set of indestructable kitchen knives made from space age materials! And, as a bonus I'll send a along my own secret receipe of engine oil that'll boost your gas mileage 99%. Just let me know.
    Regards,

2smart4phone
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2smart4phone
    Based on your last reply. I'd forget the Scam on E-bay and tough it out for another week. Why sweat it? If the ebay scammer is legit, it'll take the phone a few days to get to you just the same.

By the way, I've got some decent land at the Southern tip of Florida I can sell ya. I'll throw in a set of indestructable kitchen knives made from space age materials! And, as a bonus I'll send a along my own secret receipe of engine oil that'll boost your gas mileage 99%. Just let me know.
    99% improvement? Really? Count me in, definitely!

I rang the Treo Store in San Jose a few minutes ago. This rep told me January...
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaronbrass
    GWB - I decided not to. I'm just going to go through the motions with him.

You really should report him to ebay so that now one else gets scammed - it is actually pretty easy to do. If he is selling something that does not exist, ie a combo CDMA/GSM phone, they will put the hammer down, especially at $800. ALso, Paypal verified, not that big a deal (maybe his dad's cc). Negative fb can be removed by ebay if he is involved in fraudulent activity.

Final word - don't buy it. Too good to be true, especially when it is not....
  5.    #25  
    eBay is now aware of it and I suspect they will mediate if necessary. He will not be getting money out of me, and I am now more than content in waiting for Expansys or another company to receive the handsets.
  6.    #26  
    ROFL!!!!!
    This is so pathetic it isn't even funny. A few minutes ago, I got a reply from the seller. Here is his reply:

LOL. The reason you were emailed is because other people want the phone. Someone elsw wants the offer and is submitting payment when she gets home from work so whoever submits payment first will get the phone. Understandable being hesitant because of being screwed before which is why I said you shouldn't bid on something before having whatever questions you have answered. Have had people bid and win and then ask after the fact if I'll take a check or money order instead of yahoo direct pay and then they get mad when I say no simply because I had my forms of acceptable payment listed and they should have asked before they bid on the item. As for esn I cannot give that to anyone except fo person who pays for the phone, mine as well be sending the phone before receiving payment for it by doing that. Anyway, friend took pics of phone with camera phone so I'm sending them with the email. And I'm guessing Kinkos is a store but have no idea where one is and with my schedule probably wouldn't have time to go there even if I did.

====

Now, this is all well and good. EXCEPT! He sent me the SAME pictures that appear all over this site, and others -- I believe the source is Engadget originally. What a maroon! I'm still contemplating my reply to him.

Anyways - I am now throwing the full force of eBay against him. I'm so glad I didn't send payment, I knew in my heart this was going to happen.

For a good laugh, look at the e-mail snapshot I've attached.

-Jaron
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Even funnier ..... look at the bidders list (maybe they should all be emailed that this is a fake). At the very bottom was a bid THE SELLER CANCELLED. Reason was: "0 feedback, new user bidding on high priced item before his question was answered"
    ROFL!!!!!
    This is so pathetic it isn't even funny. A few minutes ago, I got a reply from the seller. Here is his reply:

LOL. The reason you were emailed is because other people want the phone. Someone elsw wants the offer and is submitting payment when she gets home from work so whoever submits payment first will get the phone. Understandable being hesitant because of being screwed before which is why I said you shouldn't bid on something before having whatever questions you have answered. Have had people bid and win and then ask after the fact if I'll take a check or money order instead of yahoo direct pay and then they get mad when I say no simply because I had my forms of acceptable payment listed and they should have asked before they bid on the item. As for esn I cannot give that to anyone except fo person who pays for the phone, mine as well be sending the phone before receiving payment for it by doing that. Anyway, friend took pics of phone with camera phone so I'm sending them with the email. And I'm guessing Kinkos is a store but have no idea where one is and with my schedule probably wouldn't have time to go there even if I did.

====

Now, this is all well and good. EXCEPT! He sent me the SAME pictures that appear all over this site, and others -- I believe the source is Engadget originally. What a maroon! I'm still contemplating my reply to him.

Anyways - I am now throwing the full force of eBay against him. I'm so glad I didn't send payment, I knew in my heart this was going to happen.

For a good laugh, look at the e-mail snapshot I've attached.

-Jaron

those are the pics that weebitobsessed originally posted here at treocentral...then engadget and all the other sites snagged them and weebit requested they be taken down here.
  9.    #29  
    Thanks dutch. Credit then to weebitobsessed for posting them... I cannot believe this guy actually thought this was going to fly.

I also cannot believe I also nearly fell victim...
    Here's a couple more "Roumanian" models you can buy. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif Same guy different names:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6350133835

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...344233727&rd=1

I noticed there are quite a number of legit Sprint version up for sale already.
  11.    #31  
    Notice MisterEd how only one picture shows the 650 - the rest are pics of the 600. Too funny!
    GWB - I decided not to. I'm just going to go through the motions with him. Take him for a ride like he plans on doing some unsuspecting, innocent buyer. I could care less if I get negative feedback - I'm just trying to protect myself. And btw, I'm not a kid, either :-P

Speaking of the availability of the phone: I spoke to the Treo Retail store in San Jose last week (I'm travelling there on business in the coming weeks), and one rep I spoke to said they would have the phone in stock (GSM version) this week. Is this possible? Or is the rep just poorly informed?
    Hopefully your right, it was posted here that the 16th was the date.
    It is sad, but ebay can lend itself to some scams. From what you posted you are not paying this guy....good! What you should also do, report him (if memory serves me right) to the internet fraud center. I believe it is part of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
    I believe that you should take action against him for fraud.

However, what the hell were you thinking, bidding on and winning an item, then acting as though he is obligated to answer your questions and meet your demands after you have already contractually agreed to buy the item? You should clear up any questions BEFORE bidding. If I was selling an item (in a legit manner, of course) and had someone win my item, then try to ask questions, I'd be extremely angry.

Not to take steam away from his obvious lying, however. I think there are two problems here.
  15.    #35  
    I do agree swsteckly, unfortunately the auction had less than 2 hours on it when I bid. Now, most sellers I have worked with on eBay have obliged to answer questions prior to accepting payment, especially when someone bids so late in the game. Many are reputable sellers, and understand that not everyone is made aware of an auction at its start. I tried e-mailing him before bidding, but no response. Many of the sellers I've done business with will also monitor their e-mail prior to auction close to answer any questions that come in at the last minute from bidders.

I wouldn't say I would be angry, I just want to make sure that the transaction goes smoothly. I was pretty positive (although not 100%) that this guy was a total fraud since the beginning, I just wanted to see it through. Irrespective of a contractual obligation, eBay encourages users to work out any differences before, during and after the sale.

This guy was clearly a fraud, and had no intention of being honest in any way, shape or form. And - his latest reply says that the "sold the phone" to someone else. Now, that clearly violates eBay's rules... we're still in a contract, yet he sells it to someone else. Obviously, as I said, total fraud and I hope eBay, PayPal and all the other organizations this jerk has affiliations with will throw the book at him.
    jaronbrass,

Totally understandable. I think I came off way more harsh in my post than I meant to, and for that I apologize. Personally, I monitor my email constantly in the hours prior to my auctions closing, so that I can provide those with last-minute questions the answers (assuming they are reasonable requests). I am fully aware that other sellers are not so considerate. I do not think you acted in an unreasonable way given the extenuating circumstances.

It's just that I get many buyers to my auctions who are oblivious to the fact that their bid is a contract - or just don't seem to care. It's not like telling a buddy 'yeah, I might buy it, give me a few weeks to think about it and come up with the money'. I manage my auctions in a professional, courteous manner and I expect my buyers to behave in hand, but I realize that that is not the world we live in.
    check This New ad on Ebay I Believe this one also screams out "SCAM!!"
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
    How (actually where) does one report these scam auctions to eBay?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
  20.    #40  
    That is where I reported this guy. Shame eBay doesn't have a 1-800 number for this sort of thing. E-mail is so plain.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast