View Poll Results: What do you think of the problems with the T650?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • The T650 is fine, these are short-term issues

35 48.61%
  • We need to get a Palm to fix the problems

26 36.11%
  • There are software fixes

2 2.78%
  • The T650 is a disaster, I am returning mine.

9 12.50%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    With all due respect ..

The T600 DID allow you to use an all in one synch cable and informed users did exactly that. Actually, there ARE similar cables coming out for the T650, maybe they will work, You ought t try one!

As for the reminder of your manners, it not clear to me why you post here if you want to be helpful. Maybe that is not your intent. I am intrigued as to how you get more Ram then I do. Do you have fewer contacts? I also think Z-launch may have a big foot print.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesm
    I am having problems with Jot ... slows the already slow screen even more.
    In reference to Graffiti Anywhere: DUDE...It's freeware, why don't you try it out and see for yourself? Don't remember if it was this thread or another (don't care to go back and find out), but I think people have already told you that it does work.
  3.    #43  
    Duh...

I think the forum said it don't woik.
  4.    #44  
    Nuff said. I didn't come to this forum for trading insults. So, on my part too, from now on I shall simply ignore the asstd pique here.
    I realize that P1 does not assert that the T650 supports Jot. I think they should have Jot or some such built in, BUT the issue here is other thongs that they have done that make Graffiti hard to do ,,, Esp the unresponsive screen and time lag.

Graffiti aside, there is no excuse for the way the touchscreen works.
    I think you need to run (not walk) to the post office and return yours, because compared to my 650, it appears to be a piece of junk. The touch screen is flawless on mine; buttons all work great; keyboard is much faster than graffiti (and I've been using graffiti since the original Palm Pilot); memory is not a problem so long as you use ZLauncher (and yes, it SHOULD have been included on the CD) because it's the price to pay for never worrying about a dead battery. Was it a mistake to chunk 512k sectors for even small data packages - yes - do they need a more "hard drive" oriented file system for futuer expansion - yes.

No apologist for PalmOne here, but if you're so dissatisfied with a product, return it and use something better (good luck).
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    In an earlier post you wrote
    Synch by USB ,,, synch works only for data, to charge you need extra equpt. I mispoke here,
    Then is this post you write
    With all due respect ..

The T600 DID allow you to use an all in one synch cable and informed users did exactly that. Actually, there ARE similar cables coming out for the T650, maybe they will work, You ought t try one!
    In one post you are complaining because usb charging doesnt work, then is the next you say it requires an extra cable and there is gonna be one for the 650. Well duh! We all know that. We're talking out of the box here, at least we were.

As for the reminder of your manners, it not clear to me why you post here if you want to be helpful. Maybe that is not your intent. I am intrigued as to how you get more Ram then I do. Do you have fewer contacts? I also think Z-launch may have a big foot print.
    My manners. I was not try to be helpful, I was pointing out your errors and inconsistencies. You dont want help.

My ram. Look at my list compared to yours. If Zlauncher has such a big footprint why is it not ruining my stats???

Take the advice of many and return your 650 (trying to be helpful) you obviously got the wrong device.

I cant believe I responded to this troll as many times as I didhttp://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/frown.gif
    I have entirely too much time on my hands.

Duh...

I think the forum said it don't woik.
    Alright...now you're just trying to **** me off. There are at least 4 completely seperate threads that you participated in, complaining about how graffiti ain't there, and how jot is so friggin' expensive and won't work. And in every single one of those 4, someone replied GRAFFITI ANYWHERE IS FREE AND IT WORKS. Either you're just dense, or you're an a-hole. I'm not sure which one it is, or maybe it's both.

I didn't feel like searching for the threads last night, but I'm feeling refreshed this morning and determined to shut you up:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=anywhere
    Quote Originally Posted by anastrophe
    as i mentioned, i installed grafitti anywhere. it works. it's free. what's the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad
    ...and a few more discovered time to time. If it weren't for graffiti anywhere I'd be scr3wed, especially accessing the forward slash (a long-time Palm standby that the Treo seems to have just dumped or totally minimized by hiding).
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=anywhere
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    HUH?!?! Sheesh guys... just use Graffiti Anywhere which is a Freeware app and works great. Do a search and you'll find it...

Furthermore, if you want true handwriting recog, there are various apps like decuma and myscript among others...
    Quote Originally Posted by clevewaterman
    Graffiti Anywhere works. I use the calendar button as the activator.

You are forced to use Graffiti 2, which is, IMHO, is very inferior to Graffiti 1. I managed to switch my Clie from G1 to G2, but it doesn't look possible on the T650. Anybody have any luck here?
    That's only two threads, if you want the rest you can search for them. Look at all the dates/times of those responses, they were definitely way before your post, asking if graffiti anywhere works. I think you just happen to be illiterate or maybe you are just tryin' to start a battle to a short war, playa.

As for the reminder of your manners, it not clear to me why you post here if you want to be helpful.
    It's not clear to me why you don't want the help. Remember, God helps those who help themselves, which means you're SOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    I cant believe I responded to this troll as many times as I did
    Heh....No kidding.

I just hit a grndslm, the score is now 4 to 0.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad
    There are far too many characters that are either not included in the keyboard or hidden in some bizarre submenu that I haven't found yet. Some I'm still looking for (on a 600, but same on the 650 I suppose):

_ (underscore)
    / ("forward slash command")

...and a few more discovered time to time. If it weren't for graffiti anywhere I'd be scr3wed, especially accessing the forward slash (a long-time Palm standby that the Treo seems to have just dumped or totally minimized by hiding).
    give me a break! let's see, so you came to palmOS cold, and somehow you just knew exactly what forward slash or loop-de-loop commands generated various special characters? i don't think so! you had to learn them, dude! you had to look them up somewhere and learn them one by one. how is that any different from looking up the various keyboard methods of doing the same thing? frankly, i love the 'alt' key method of special character generation. all you need to do is remember a handful of 'keyword' mnemonics, and you're set, because they grouped the special characters in a logical fashion. under the '-' key you _, ~, =, etc - special keys that are similar in form to the dash. under the "$" key you have the characters for british pounds, yen, lira, etc.. It's very easy to use - easier than learning bizarre squiglies.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    It's on page 42 and 43 of the manual. It's actually quite nice because they don't force a certain key if more than one makes sense. You can get the Euro sign from either $ or E.

I wish entering them on the computer was that easy.
  10.    #50  
    As I said, I am tired of responding to the folks here who are playing games.

So, does anyne have Graffiti anywhere working on the T650?

Does nayone have some stats to share on SWW loaded vs space.

As for Woof Woof and Granndslam, I am happy to have any real discussion.

Does nayone have some stats to share on SWW loaded vs space.
    as posted in a previous post, I have a bunch of stuff and anywhere from 9.8 to 11 meg depending on the number of emails I keep on the phone.

As for Woof Woof and Granndslam, I am happy to have any real discussion.
    It's Woof. Try having enough respect for others to at least get our names correct. Sorry you dont like the answers grndslm and I provided. I noticed you cant even admit when youre wrong (the uSB sync thing). But I am not surprised.

As stated by many in previous posts and in many other threads Graffiti Anywhere is free. Here's a link. I don't use it because it's easier to use the kb as was the designers intent. But hey to each his own.

Now if that isn't helpful I dont know what is.
    Tx for the comments, NO IO am not joking.
    Graffiti ,,, If YOU want to thumb type, then buy a Blackberry. I use Graffiti
    Huh? Have you considered the fact that typing with a keyboard is a lot faster than with Graffiti?
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG
    Huh? Have you considered the fact that typing with a keyboard is a lot faster than with Graffiti?
    my ultimate wish would be for a remappable (and somehow a way to move the keys to match) keyboard, that could implement the FITALY key layout. it works incredibly well as a 'tap' keyboard, and i'd think it could also work well as a thumb keyboard. i loved FITALY when i used it on my Palm V....
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    I use Dvorak on my home PC. Not sure how well it would work on a thumboard but I'd be interested in trying if there was software available to remap it. I don't need the printing to be right. It's not right on my home PC either and it makes a great security device
    Actually, now that you piqued my curiosity, I started Googling around and found this. Exactly halfway down the page it shows a screen that lets you remap the keys of the Tungsten C. Does this exist in the Treo software?
  16.    #56  
    I really am uninterested in whether you can can thumbtype faster than ican use Graffiti. I use Graffiti, like it an will spend my $$ accordingly. Your choices are yours.

As for Woof ... sigghhh.
    Ok Steve, you're still bothering me about the graffiti thing. Right, it's your personal preference accordingly and all that mumbo jumbo that you spit through your teeth, but you still keep avoiding my question of how fast you can input on a PDA. How fast can you type with the thumbboard...and how fast you can write with graffiti?? [For clarification, you should type anything that pops into your big head, seeing as how this is how you will be using it in the real world, and not reading it from a sheet of paper. Also, for comparison purposes, each word consists of 5 characters, which includes spaces and punctuation.] Please don't ignore this question. I for example, can type 38wpm with the thumbboard, and know I can't come even close to that with graffiti. If you can type faster with the thumbboard than graffiti, please explain to me why you would need or prefer graffit? If you can input faster with graffiti, I'd appreciate it if I could meet you in person, you are truly a great man. Oh - and no cheating or lying...your soul depends on it!
  18.    #58  
    GS .. this is fgine, but I don't want to have this debate here.
    What's you're address, I'll stop by the house later tonight. What's the problem?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123