1.    #1  
    I just threw this utility together to make sure the 650's phone radio powers up after a reset. I was noticing that 50% of the time the radio would not power up after a reset.

Have Fun - it's a freebe.

Jeff

Here is a link to my forum area:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=66029
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 12/13/2004 at 11:36 PM.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Thanks I need this!
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I just threw this utility together to make sure the 650's phone radio powers up after a reset. I was noticing that 50% of the time the radio would not power up after a reset.

Have Fun - it's a freebe.

Jeff

Here is a link to my forum area:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/ne...newthread&f=73
    Something seems to be wrong with the link.
    Are we cutting our links from the correct window???

Sounds like a cool app. I would love to have it. I have reset, and not even looked at the phone, to later realize I it is off.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Exciter
    Thanks for the help! That's what I get for not sleeping!

Anyway, I have just updated PowerUp to include some requested features:

1) Application launching after soft reset

2) Simi-control over the radio state at power up. If the system does not turn the radio on itself, you can have a popup alert window appear asking if the radio should be powered on.

Hope you never again miss another call because of your radio not being powered on! Given the number of times this 650 crashes a day :-( this tool is a must have because 1/2 of the time the radio does not come up after a reset.
    Need some advice... What are you doing to turn on the radio with one button push, similar to the top button that was held down on the Treo 300? I'd like a quick way to do that.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericner
    Need some advice... What are you doing to turn on the radio with one button push, similar to the top button that was held down on the Treo 300? I'd like a quick way to do that.
    To manually turn on/off the radio on the Treo 650, simply hold down the right most hard button (the red one) for a few seconds. That will initiate a power change of the phone's radio.

Is that what you are looking for?
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 12/18/2004 at 07:26 PM.
    That's it! Thanks.

Now how do I turn off that welcome and goodbye chime? I guess I put it in silent mode for that?

Sorry for the newbie questions.