Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 75
  1.    #1  
    http://mytreo.net/img/screens/jeffgi...reo-Logo-4.jpg


    PowerUp



    Ensure your phone's radio is powered on after a system reset. Particularly useful for Treo 650 users. The 650's radio seems to only start 50% of the time after a restart.


    http://mytreo.net/img/screens/jeffgibson/PowerOn.jpg

    ...... .....

    Application Description:

    PowerUp will look at the state of the phone's radio when the system is starting up and turn the phone on if it is not enabled.

    PayPal Donation Link


    Release History:
    v1.0 - Initial Release
    v 1.3 - Added application launch after reset and popup alert screen
    v 1.5 - Fixes reset loop problem
    v 1.6 - Added option to launch your favorite application at Power On
    v 1.7 - skipped (internal build)
    v 1.8 - New architecture to help with the reset loops
    v 1.9 - Fixed application launching modes
    v 2.0 - More launching changes for 650's
    v 2.1 - PowerUp option was not re-enabling after soft reset. This is now fixed.
    v 2.2 - Fixed a problem with the Detect Reset Loop option
    v 2.3 - Added a time delay control for the startup application
    v 2.4 - Added a soft reset feature
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 03/14/2005 at 08:16 PM.
  2. #2  
    Thanks Jeff!

    Just had a reset: caused by Shoplist.

    It's a little annoying to have to turn the phone on after a reset, especially since we may not always be aware that there has been a reset and could be missing calls.

    This app will really be handy!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  3. #3  
    Jeff, I really appreciate all the work you have done with powerup. I don't know why, but version 1.3 seems to cause my Treo650 to go into a reset loop. The prior versions had been working fine before (up through 1.2). Perhaps it is something specific to my device but I hard reset the treo and deleted powerup 1.3 and things were fine. As soon as I tried to reinstall 1.3 again, the Treo went right back into the reset loop. Not sure if I am doing something wrong but I wanted to let you know.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    Jeff, I really appreciate all the work you have done with powerup. I don't know why, but version 1.3 seems to cause my Treo650 to go into a reset loop. The prior versions had been working fine before (up through 1.2). Perhaps it is something specific to my device but I hard reset the treo and deleted powerup 1.3 and things were fine. As soon as I tried to reinstall 1.3 again, the Treo went right back into the reset loop. Not sure if I am doing something wrong but I wanted to let you know.
    I heard this from another user too. I just posted a new release that hopefully fixes this issue. I have run tests on both the 600 and the 650 and all looks good on my end. Can you confirm? Also what platform are you using? 600 or 650?
  5. #5  
    I am using a Treo 650. I just tried the latest version (1.5) and unfortunately I got the same reset loop.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    I am using a Treo 650. I just tried the latest version (1.5) and unfortunately I got the same reset loop.
    Can you walk me through your installation and configuration process?

    How did you install?
    Where did you install? PalmCard or SD Card?
    Are you running a launcher other than the default?
    What settings did you configure in PowerUp?
    Can you try each option independently?
    (You will be able to get into do these configs by doing a warm reset.)
    How far do you get in the reset process before the 650 resets?
  7. #7  
    650. Zlauncher. I have only tired using it with all of the settings turned on (I got fed up).

    If I hold the up button on the 5 way while it is resetting I can stop the reset but as soon as I hit the HOME key I reset again. I had to configure Filez into my favorites on my phone so that I can delete PowerUp without going to the launcher.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianamer
    650. Zlauncher. I have only tired using it with all of the settings turned on (I got fed up).

    If I hold the up button on the 5 way while it is resetting I can stop the reset but as soon as I hit the HOME key I reset again. I had to configure Filez into my favorites on my phone so that I can delete PowerUp without going to the launcher.
    If you are willing will you give this one a try?


    Start with the Turn on Phone option.

    Then add the detect reset loop.

    Now configure the launch application and see if that works.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianamer
    650. Zlauncher. I have only tired using it with all of the settings turned on (I got fed up).

    If I hold the up button on the 5 way while it is resetting I can stop the reset but as soon as I hit the HOME key I reset again. I had to configure Filez into my favorites on my phone so that I can delete PowerUp without going to the launcher.
    I am using a launcher called "initiate" but this is exactly what happens to me. I can do a warm reset but as soon as I press the "home" button it resets and goes back into the loop.

    Jeff:

    These are the steps I take, I hotsync powerup to the palmcard, as it is still hotsyncing it resets and then goes into a reset loop. I used to have an older version of Powerup on my treo, but I have long since removed (from the palm back up folder) it (after a hard reset). So, when I am trying to sync the newer version of powerup it is with no older version on my treo (at least that I know of).
  10. #10  
    Hmm, maybe I still have an older version that is left over and that is what is causing a problem when I try to install a newer version? I know that powerup is deleted from the main default launcher. What will powerup show up as in filez? Will it show as "power" or "powerup?" I have something called "power" in filez but I'm not sure what it is?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    I am using a launcher called "initiate" but this is exactly what happens to me. I can do a warm reset but as soon as I press the "home" button it resets and goes back into the loop.

    Jeff:

    These are the steps I take, I hotsync powerup to the palmcard, as it is still hotsyncing it resets and then goes into a reset loop. I used to have an older version of Powerup on my treo, but I have long since removed (from the palm back up folder) it (after a hard reset). So, when I am trying to sync the newer version of powerup it is with no older version on my treo (at least that I know of).
    Well it sounds like you are running intot he HotSync reset problem to begin with. I would recommend that you get a copy of Palm File Browser and use it to install your applications. It is much faster than HotSync'ing for installation of programs. You can git it here: http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...etails&lid=220
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    Hmm, maybe I still have an older version that is left over and that is what is causing a problem when I try to install a newer version? I know that powerup is deleted from the main default launcher. What will powerup show up as in filez? Will it show as "power" or "powerup?" I have something called "power" in filez but I'm not sure what it is?
    Power is a system utility. People on the other forum were having htis exact problem with 1.3 and 1.4 but they say that v1.5 worked without any problems for them. I wonder if this is a timing problem?

    I even loaded Zlauncher just now to see if that may be an issue but it looks like it plays just fine.

    I would be very interested if you get the reset loops if you do not turn on any parts of PowerUp.

    Then I would like to knwo if you get reset loops if you ONLY configure the power on phone option. Do not enable any of the other options.

    Use v1.5.1 posted a few posts above this one.
  13. #13  
    I suppose it could be a hotsync conduit problem, but this only occurs when I am trying to install powerup. It does not occur (for me) otherwise. Also, just to be clear here, I cannot even get powerup onto my device (it goes into a reset loop) so there are no settings that I can configure on it (I have not yet tried 1.51).
  14. #14  
    Just thought that I would let you know how I got PowerUp v1.5 up-and-running on my Treo 650... It is working great for me. I also have Zlauncher installed.

    Previously, I had PowerUp v1.1 installed and it worked fine. When I tried to upgrade to v1.3 & v1.4, I wound-up with the reset loop following the hotsync. I did a warm reset to stop the loop but, as other have reported, attempting to go to the launcher caused the reset loop to start again. So, since I could not think of anything else to do, I re-installed v1.1 over the top of v1.3/v1.4 since I knew that v1.1 had been working fine. This stopped the reset loop! After that, I went into Zlauncher and deleted the PowerUp application (v1.1) and all of its preferences. Then, I did a soft reset of my Treo 650 followed by a 'bare' hotsync (without installing any new programs). And, finally, I installed v1.5 of PowerUp by doing another hotsync. Voila! Everything is working great now! I even have all of the options enabled.

    Hope that helps!
    -Brian-
  15. #15  
    Same here, I went back to a previous version that worked from my SD card backupfile.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmahan
    Just thought that I would let you know how I got PowerUp v1.5 up-and-running on my Treo 650... It is working great for me. I also have Zlauncher installed.

    Previously, I had PowerUp v1.1 installed and it worked fine. When I tried to upgrade to v1.3 & v1.4, I wound-up with the reset loop following the hotsync. I did a warm reset to stop the loop but, as other have reported, attempting to go to the launcher caused the reset loop to start again. So, since I could not think of anything else to do, I re-installed v1.1 over the top of v1.3/v1.4 since I knew that v1.1 had been working fine. This stopped the reset loop! After that, I went into Zlauncher and deleted the PowerUp application (v1.1) and all of its preferences. Then, I did a soft reset of my Treo 650 followed by a 'bare' hotsync (without installing any new programs). And, finally, I installed v1.5 of PowerUp by doing another hotsync. Voila! Everything is working great now! I even have all of the options enabled.

    Hope that helps!
    Yes is does help - I think. First it validates my results that 1.5 works well once installed. Second it details an installation process for others having the same problem to follow.

    Thanks for your post!
  17. #17  
    I tried these directions and it worked perfectly. Thanks to Jeff for the utility, and thank you for leaving this helpful post.

    Quote Originally Posted by bmahan
    Just thought that I would let you know how I got PowerUp v1.5 up-and-running on my Treo 650... It is working great for me. I also have Zlauncher installed.

    Previously, I had PowerUp v1.1 installed and it worked fine. When I tried to upgrade to v1.3 & v1.4, I wound-up with the reset loop following the hotsync. I did a warm reset to stop the loop but, as other have reported, attempting to go to the launcher caused the reset loop to start again. So, since I could not think of anything else to do, I re-installed v1.1 over the top of v1.3/v1.4 since I knew that v1.1 had been working fine. This stopped the reset loop! After that, I went into Zlauncher and deleted the PowerUp application (v1.1) and all of its preferences. Then, I did a soft reset of my Treo 650 followed by a 'bare' hotsync (without installing any new programs). And, finally, I installed v1.5 of PowerUp by doing another hotsync. Voila! Everything is working great now! I even have all of the options enabled.

    Hope that helps!
  18. #18  
    i get a reset loop with 1.6

    This is after a hard reset/restore of other apps/install of 1.6
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    i get a reset loop with 1.6

    This is after a hard reset/restore of other apps/install of 1.6
    Others has sporatically seen this as well. Have you tried the steps listed in the post from Bmaham above in post #14 of this thread?

    Thanks,

    Jeff
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Others has sporatically seen this as well. Have you tried the steps listed in the post from Bmaham above in post #14 of this thread?
    Jeff,

    Actually, I encountered a looping reset installing v1.6 -- even using my previous method. So, this time, after encountering the reset loop I restored v1.5 since I had that working previously. Then, I installed v1.6 directly on top of it. So far, so good.

    -Brian-
    -Brian-
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions