Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    Brett, I think most of us are of the understanding that BT headsets are not able to wake up the Treo 650. That is certainly the case with my Sony HBH-660. What BT headset are you using? How do you wake up the Treo with it?
    This is possible if you have the option in the BT configuration set to "Allow Wakeup". If this option is set, then a button press on the BT headset will wake up the Treo. I have both the Treo Headset and the HBH-660. Each will wakeup the 650 when you press the headset button.

Having this option enabled will reduce your battery life though!

Jeff
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Yes I can make this happen. But I do not think I can make the headset active until the phone call has actually started. So you would like an application that will detect the fact that the BT headset woke up the Treo and if this is the case, run VoiceDial?

Jeff
    Yes, that's exactly what I want. I don't care about an app to make the headset active... the Treo automatically sends the call to the headset when the call is made. I just want to be able to hit the button on the BT headset and have the treo wake up and launch VoiceDial (but I'd rather not have VoiceDial run if I wake up the Treo any other way)

Thanks,
    Brett
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    Brett, I think most of us are of the understanding that BT headsets are not able to wake up the Treo 650. That is certainly the case with my Sony HBH-660. What BT headset are you using? How do you wake up the Treo with it?
    I'm using the Treo Wireless Headset, but it also worked with a Belkin headset I had. From what I've read it works for other headsets too. The problem I have is that when I press the button on the headset the Treo wakes up but does nothing.

Brett
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettS
    Yes, that's exactly what I want. I don't care about an app to make the headset active... the Treo automatically sends the call to the headset when the call is made. I just want to be able to hit the button on the BT headset and have the treo wake up and launch VoiceDial (but I'd rather not have VoiceDial run if I wake up the Treo any other way)

Thanks,
    Brett
    You got it. I have a couple of things to take care of first but I will work on having something for you by this weekend.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    You got it. I have a couple of things to take care of first but I will work on having something for you by this weekend.

Jeff
    Coolness... thanks much

Brett
    I would like to see this option myself!
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael355
    I would like to see this option myself!
    Will start on this probably next week. Just swamped this week.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    I know this thread hasn't been touched in ages, but I have a weird Q. I tried making a rom w/ powerup in it (for my sprint 650) and it worked. Except, it killed the palm's "preferences" application. Some of the preferences applets still worked (i.e. on reset, the time applet comes up....), and powerup works fine.

Any ideas why powerup somehow kills the preferences application if installed in rom?
    Don't know about your problem toad, but I put this on my treo last night and woke up this morning with a dead battery.
    maybe I have a setting wrong?
    Hey Jeff - I found this app as a possible replacement for RadioControl which seems to be discontinued. I saw one post that said PowerUp works on the Treo 680. Is this true?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I exchanged some IMs today with Jeff. He thinks powerup will work with the 680 or he could quickly fix it if needed. I went ahead and bought it based on Jeff's comments.

What is the difference between the StartUp app and the PowerUp app? They look like the same thing to me. Why is the a setting for the Startup Delay. I would like this to be less than 5 secs.
    Got it:

The power up app is for when you turn on the screen to the Palm. This will automatically launch the program of your choice everytime you turn on your plam - not when you power up the radio.

The Start Up app is the application that will be launched as the last step of the soft reset process. So when you perform a soft reset, the "start up" app will be executed as the last step of the rebooting process.
    will power up turn on the radio on a treo 755...?

i am having an issue with YAHM.. it seems to be stopping my radio from turning on
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by italiangspot View Post
    will power up turn on the radio on a treo 755...?

i am having an issue with YAHM.. it seems to be stopping my radio from turning on
    Yes it should. Have you tried it?

Jeff
    I actually just removed YAHM along with treokeyhack and installed keycaps600 and fieldplus instead.. they dont use yahm and the radio is turning on after a reset

but good to know that your program is compatible with the treo 755... incase something arises again
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234