Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Jeff the "power up app" option works great, is the "startup app" option for when the radio is turned off than on again, if so I have both options set to the same program but the "startup app" does not work. Sorry to nit-pick but I thought you would want to know.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael355
    Jeff the "power up app" option works great, is the "startup app" option for when the radio is turned off than on again, if so I have both options set to the same program but the "startup app" does not work. Sorry to nit-pick but I thought you would want to know.
    Sorry for the confusion! The power up app is for when you turn on the screen to the Palm. This will automatically launch the program of your choice everytime you turn on your plam - not when you power up the radio.

The Start Up app is the application that will be launched as the last step of the soft reset process. So when you perform a soft reset, the "start up" app will be executed as the last step of the rebooting process.

I can see how that is confusing.

Jeff
    So it does! Which actually makes it 10X's better than I expected, I run SCRBTN, and I would always have to hit the icon first, so this is great! Thanks yet again Jeff.
  4.    #44  
    New PowerUp build - v 2.4 is available.
    Whats new with it Jeff?
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael355
    Whats new with it Jeff?
    I added a Soft Reset option. Now there is a button at the bottom of the window that will perform a soft reset when pressed.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Any way to do a "smart" check like this utility does?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=73080
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by alee
    Any way to do a "smart" check like this utility does?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=73080
    That's interesting. I could not find a way to tell the 650 *not* to turn on the radio after a reset. I will look to see if I can find how this is done.

The initial purpose of PowerUp was to make sure the phone *does* have power after a reset. I was missing so many calls because the phone's power on state was so unreliable after a reboot. I will look into this for you.

Jeff
    I just tried PowerUp 2.4. The "StartUp App" option works fine after a soft reset. But the PowerUp App option doesn't seem to do anything. I've tried setting it to several different apps, but when I press the power button (on a 650), I always go to the same app that was active when I powered down.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    I just tried PowerUp 2.4. The "StartUp App" option works fine after a soft reset. But the PowerUp App option doesn't seem to do anything. I've tried setting it to several different apps, but when I press the power button (on a 650), I always go to the same app that was active when I powered down.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    I have no idea. I have just re-tested on my 650 and it launches fine but it will only launch if you use the Red phone button to turn on the 650. The other 3 buttons will launch either the phone, calendar or email programs.

Can you try this button and see if it launches for you?

Jeff
    I hav been using the red button. It may well be a conflict with another app, so I'll play around with things and see what I can figure out.

Thanks,
    Bob Meyer
    hate to think what happens if the phone resets for some reason while radio is manually turned off when you are flying in a comercial aircraft?

Would one crash (palm) lead to another (plane)?

Not that I really think my little GSM phone would crash the aircraft but If they tell me to turn it off I would rather turn it off and know that it would stay off.
    .no sig.
    Jeff:

My problem turned out to be a conflict with PTunes. I have the red phone button set to bring up the PT console when PTunes is running in the background. Even though PTunes wasn't running, it interfered with PowerUp.

no sig: You might like the app available here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/s...ead.php?t=73080
    Bob Meyer
    not sure if this has been discussed or not yet. but i had msafe (with lock device on reset) installed with powerup and the phone would turn on as expected when reset.

i just did a hard reset and reinstalled everything and now when i reset, powerup doesn't turn on the phone until after i enter my password to unlock the device. before, it would turn on the phone even if the lock screen was on.

thanks
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by tlser20det
    not sure if this has been discussed or not yet. but i had msafe (with lock device on reset) installed with powerup and the phone would turn on as expected when reset.

i just did a hard reset and reinstalled everything and now when i reset, powerup doesn't turn on the phone until after i enter my password to unlock the device. before, it would turn on the phone even if the lock screen was on.

thanks
    Interesting. Did you change versions of PowerUp? I will check into this and post a new release if needed.

Jeff
    i originally had v2.1 on and then with the hard reset i put on 2.4, then i put 2.1 back on but they both did the same thing...

funny thing though.. it seems to work fine again how after the treo crashed and auto reset... haha.. go figure..
    well, its back to doing it again.. had a random reset and how everytime i reset, powerup doesn't turn the phone on until after i enter my password to unlock the device. this is with version 2.4.
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Hi Jeff... hopefully this is the right place to post this. I just tried PowerUp and I have two questions. First, for some reason, on my 650 when I have a PowerUp app selected this app runs no matter which button I use to turn on the phone. It also runs if the phone randomly turns itself on (which happens occasionally). From looking at the other posts here, it looks like it's only supposed to run when I turn it on with the red phone button. Am I doing something wrong or misunderstanding how this works?

My second question is more of a feature suggestion. A number of us have noticed that if you press the multifunction button on a bluetooth headset it wakes up the Treo. Do you think that there's any way of detecting that? What I really want is the ability to start VoiceDial only when I turn on the Treo by pressing the button on my BT headset. This does work with the current version of PowerUp, but I have the problem of dealing with VoiceDial starting every time I turn on my Treo no matter what. Any possibility of getting this feature added?

Thanks much,
    Brett
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettS
    Hi Jeff... hopefully this is the right place to post this. I just tried PowerUp and I have two questions. First, for some reason, on my 650 when I have a PowerUp app selected this app runs no matter which button I use to turn on the phone. It also runs if the phone randomly turns itself on (which happens occasionally). From looking at the other posts here, it looks like it's only supposed to run when I turn it on with the red phone button. Am I doing something wrong or misunderstanding how this works?
    Nope that is how this version operates. This app is run no matter how the Treo was powered on. Since this was a free app (with donations accepted), I did not put much effort into providing options to the startup process. I can easily go back and do this if it is important to you. How would you like it to operate?

My second question is more of a feature suggestion. A number of us have noticed that if you press the multifunction button on a bluetooth headset it wakes up the Treo. Do you think that there's any way of detecting that? What I really want is the ability to start VoiceDial only when I turn on the Treo by pressing the button on my BT headset. This does work with the current version of PowerUp, but I have the problem of dealing with VoiceDial starting every time I turn on my Treo no matter what. Any possibility of getting this feature added?

Thanks much,
    Brett
    Yes I can make this happen. But I do not think I can make the headset active until the phone call has actually started. So you would like an application that will detect the fact that the BT headset woke up the Treo and if this is the case, run VoiceDial?

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettS

Thanks much,
    Brett
    Brett, I think most of us are of the understanding that BT headsets are not able to wake up the Treo 650. That is certainly the case with my Sony HBH-660. What BT headset are you using? How do you wake up the Treo with it?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast