Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Tried installing 1.6 on a brand-new, just out of the box 650. As soon as I power cycled it, it went immediately into the reset loop. Also, trying to run the PowerUp application immediately resets the phone and starts it back into the loop again.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by GSMacLean
    Tried installing 1.6 on a brand-new, just out of the box 650. As soon as I power cycled it, it went immediately into the reset loop. Also, trying to run the PowerUp application immediately resets the phone and starts it back into the loop again.
    Well have you tried a warm reset? Hold down the 5way up key ahd tape the reset hole. Then you should be able to get in and play with the settings in PowerUp. What options did you enable? There are a couple of posts in this thread where people that have had this problem got around this condition.

Let me know if you need more help.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I tried a warm reset, and got into the unit. I tapped on PowerUp, and the phone reset and went back into the loop.

I tried a warm reset again, reloaded PowerUp again, tried the same thing again, and now when I tap on it it comes up with:

"The application cannot be launched because of a system error."

I tried to go into the App Delete menu to delete PowerUp, but it does not show up in it.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    OK, I just reinstalled it AGAIN - it still doesn't work, it shows up with the same error, but now at least it shows up in the app list - with a size of "1895653K". I deleted it from there, but it STILL shows up in the app launcher - and still comes up with the same error when I try to open it.

OK, a soft boot seems to have removed it, and the reboot problem.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I noticed that PowerUp is at version 1.8 now. Where can I find out what has changed??

I am hoping for a more definitive resolution to the reset loop problem. I appreciate the efforts of those that came up with steps to get PowerUp to install. But it seems to me like a hack. (A useful hack, but still a hack.) Since stability is a big deal on the 650 (and mine is relatively stable right now) I don't want to add any software unless I think it's either 100% necessary or I think it's stable.

With that said, I'd really like to use PowerUp and I'd be willing to help with this issue. I have a good backup setup and I can do testing that might require hard resets.

Thanks

Dave
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel
    I noticed that PowerUp is at version 1.8 now. Where can I find out what has changed??

I am hoping for a more definitive resolution to the reset loop problem. I appreciate the efforts of those that came up with steps to get PowerUp to install. But it seems to me like a hack. (A useful hack, but still a hack.) Since stability is a big deal on the 650 (and mine is relatively stable right now) I don't want to add any software unless I think it's either 100% necessary or I think it's stable.

With that said, I'd really like to use PowerUp and I'd be willing to help with this issue. I have a good backup setup and I can do testing that might require hard resets.

Thanks

Dave
    I rearchitected the backend processing to help eleminate the reset loop problems. So Its a pretty major change. If you already have previous release of PowerUp up and running then you do not need to load this release. If however you were having the reset loop problem, then this release will hopefully eliminate that behavior.
    Jeff, first, thanks a bunch for this utility. It's little things like this that really can help make the Treo 600/650 a pleasure to own (looking fwd to your future profiles app). Next, would you suggest that once we have a version of "powerup working" that we delete it before we upgrade to a newer version? Perhaps this will help stave off any reset loop problems (I know the T650 is finicky).
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    Jeff, first, thanks a bunch for this utility. It's little things like this that really can help make the Treo 600/650 a pleasure to own (looking fwd to your future profiles app). Next, would you suggest that once we have a version of "powerup working" that we delete it before we upgrade to a newer version? Perhaps this will help stave off any reset loop problems (I know the T650 is finicky).
    You know I just don't know what to suggest! People are finding things that I never see during development and the reverse is true as well. I just don't know which way is up any more with this platform. All I can tell you is that I never delete an old copy before I upgrade to a new one (during my development activities). I also do not use HotSync to put new releases in place. I always use filepc2pda (palm file browser) to install and move files to/from the pc.

Hope this helps. Did you install the new release successfully?

Thanks,

Jeff
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Good news... I haven't had a chance to try PowerUP since 1.5 which immediately sent me into reset loops. But I just tried 1.9 and it works great. I installed it just as I would any other app using the stock Palm Hotsync tools.

Thanks!!
    Using Powerup 1.9 on treo650. Whenever I recieve a call after installing powerup after the caller hangs up my treo resets itself. I have removed powerup and the problem is fixed. Re-installed and problem duplicated. I have btmute installed and use Silverscreen as a launcher.

FLane
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by franklane
    Using Powerup 1.9 on treo650. Whenever I recieve a call after installing powerup after the caller hangs up my treo resets itself. I have removed powerup and the problem is fixed. Re-installed and problem duplicated. I have btmute installed and use Silverscreen as a launcher.

FLane
    I am looking into this issue for you. I don't see the same on my Treo but that does not mean much! I will do a detailed code review and get out a new build ASAP.

Thanks for reporting the problem (and I am sorry you are having problems)

Jeff
  12.    #32  

FLane
    Were you having PowerUp do launching when you power on the 650? Just curious.

I have made a few changes if you would like to try out v2.0 at the top of this thread.

Jeff
    No Jeff I was not having it power up any programs on power up.
  14.    #34  
    No Jeff I was not having it power up any programs on power up.
    Sorry for the delay. Have you tried v2.0 yet? I am curious if that fixes he problem.

Jeff
  15.    #35  
    PowerUp v2.1 was released today.

Jeff
    Jeff, I'm trying PowerUp for the first time and want to know if you have an FAQ or documentation so I can lear about its functions: in particular what the "Detect Reset Loop" actually does, and what is the difference between "StartUp App" and "PowerUp App" choices.
    This is my very forst install of any version Of Powerup, I installed V2.1,did a reset, the radio seemed to be on by not the app I wanted started when I opened PU it said a reset was detected and it had been disable. (tried it twice).
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael355
    This is my very forst install of any version Of Powerup, I installed V2.1,did a reset, the radio seemed to be on by not the app I wanted started when I opened PU it said a reset was detected and it had been disable. (tried it twice).
    Good catch! I have not used that feature since the early builds. I have fixed the problem and re-posted the program at the top of this thread.

Jeff
    Yep that worked, thanks again Jeff, you do make great stuff.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael355
    Yep that worked, thanks again Jeff, you do make great stuff.
    Thanks for the follow up post!

Jeff
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast