1.    #1  
    Interested in tools that allow easy transfer and editing of MS Word docs to-and-from the Visor? check out PalmDocs and QED/QEX at http://www.visionary2000.com/palmdocs/ .
    I just bought the BackupBuddyNG and InstallBuddy Bundle. The main reason I bought the Install program was to convert Word documents to doc for my Visor ( I use CSpotRun as reader). It works, but I cannot just convert my existing Word documents - I have to install at the same time. I want to be able to just convert to doc format so I can have the documents ready to place on my Visor as I choose. I cannot figure out how to do this; no hints in Help. The only option I have is to always install the document I converted every time I hotsynch, and I do not want to do that. I tried saving Word documents with .PDB (the format InstallBuddy put my Word documents in)at the end of the file name, then installing, but that crashed the hotsynch operation, and I had to restart my PC to be able to hotsynch again. Does anyone know if I can convert documents and save them on my desktop in the .PDB or .doc format using InstallBuddy? I tried PalmDoc shareware conversion program last week and it let me just convert; I could install later. I suppose I should have just registered the PalmDoc program, but I thought if I had to buy something a commercial program would be better. Otherwise, VDI is great, had it for ten days now and love it.
  3.    #3  
    Mtel,

Try QED as your document read/editor. (Find it at the same site as PalmDoc.) Edit your doc and when you hotsync, you'll find the edited file in Palm/backup. Just open it in MS Word and do what you with it.
    Take a look at "Documents to Go" from Dataviz (www.dataviz.com). It not only allows you to view Word and Wordperfect documents, but also lets you view Excel, Quattro Pro and Lotus 123 spreadsheets as well.

I bought it for $40 at Best Buy. You can download a 15 day trial copy at their website or Buy.com has it a little cheaper plus freight and the wait.

It is easy to set up and use. Seems to be a good value