1.    #1  
    My keyboard seems to have a very sensitive letter "p." Just barely touching it causes multiple p's to appear. As such, I now have dozens of appointments titled, "ppppppppppppppp." Has anybody else experienced this or have any suggestions? Thanks, and please refrain from the obvious jokes concerning the title of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by ddoug
    My keyboard seems to have a very sensitive letter "p." Just barely touching it causes multiple p's to appear. As such, I now have dozens of appointments titled, "ppppppppppppppp." Has anybody else experienced this or have any suggestions? Thanks, and please refrain from the obvious jokes concerning the title of this thread.
    Sounds like your 650 is defective. There are apparently issues with the p key. Mine works correctly but seems a tiny bit less crisp than the other keys. I'd recommend you replace the unit.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    My "P" key is a little soft, too, but it hasn't caused any errant entries. My right SHIFT key has, however, stopped working entirely. It wasn't difficult to get Sprint to send me a new phone. (Except the first two reps accidentally disconnected me when trying to put me on hold and third one's command of the English was somewhat limited.)
    My P works like a champ. What is everyone doing to the P key?
    Eric
    played w/keyboard on 4 diff t650's yest. 1 had p prob, 2 had prob w/ option & shift key.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    This happened to my P after 5 days. Send the Treo back for a new one.
    Happened to mine too - I stopped in at the local Sprint Store, and the tech there fixed it on the spot in less than 20 minutes. He said he swapped out the keypad...
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I'm betting you don't live in Los Angeles? The Sprint store with service center near me is almost always a 1 hour wait before you get to the counter and then a 2-3 hour wait for the repair itself (if you're lucky enough to get it repaired).
    Yeah - this was in Nashua NH. The girl at the desk did comment that Sunday was slow as compared to Saturday. She also scolded me for even THINKING of calling Customer Service

After 7 years of Palm ownership, it was nice to be able to get a same-day repair, on the spot. Sure beats the old FedEx swap-and-reload!
    My bottom left hand corner of my keyboard is loose, I am waiting on my local sprint store to get new ones to replace mine. Other than that I am very happpppppppy (sticky p, just kidding) with my treo
    Treoing & Loving it
  11.    #11  
    Thanks for your help everybody. I'll attempt to get some help at a Sprint store, and if that fails, send it in for replacement.
    No ppppppppppproblem
    I stopped by the sprint store and checked out 3 other 650s they all looked and felt the same. The bottom left side of the keyboard is more loose than the right side. i.e. when I touch (not press) the left shift key I can see the 0,x,z, and option botton move. not the case on the right side (please exuse lack of caps, using my 650 to post)
    Treoing & Loving it
    My P button is extremely soft and sometimes doesn't function. (about 1 in 6 presses doesn't work)
    I havr the same issue with the 'p' and also the 'o' and left arrow. All around the same spot.
    i had same issue as well... took it back and it was swapped for new one which has a much better keyboard response