1.    #1  
    I am having trouble installing AOL for Palm (v 3.2.1) on my new 650. I have isolated the issue to the AOL for Palm software and tried installing only that program after a hard reset.

After the installation process (which appears to happen without incident), the PDA requires a soft reset. Each time I try this, the PDA begins cycling endlessly through the reset process and I wind up having to do a hard reset to get it to function.

Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone give me any suggestions? Thanks.
    If you do a quick search on this board, You'll find this has been discussed in great detail. The short is there is no working version of the aol software for the treo 650 at this juncture. People have claimed using the aol 3.2 version works without loops. I've tried it many times and it still causes the same issue. So right the only thing we can do is check our aol mail via the web browser. I wouldn't suggest using the built in mail app we got either because it's not able to distinguish between inbox email and mail that we have recently deleted. I wish there was a solution. trust me, it's killing me not being able to have it either.
    aol sucks.... i had it for so long just because i didn't want to change emails but once gmail came out it was a perfect time to jump ship. i say get a gmail account and cancel aol (assuming you have broadband or get a cheaper $10 dialup service)

when i called to cancel my aol account they tried to convince me to stay by saying they protect users from hackers and viruses by having 8 firewalls. i said to the guy why the hell do you have 8 firewalls? why not just have 1 that works?
    The thing is some us know that aol sucks but have used it for many years and most of our family, friends and business associates all email us at that address so we're kind of stuck with it to a certain degreee. Secondly gmail although great from what I understand is only by invitation only at this juncture. So the solutions for us that want to use aol no matter how sucky everyone feels it is is to have a version that works with the treo 650. I know many people have their biases against aol and all but there are many us that are perfectly fine using it. It always amazes me how everytime another aol user wants to use the aol software everyone has their two cents to put in about the person wanting to use aol.
    everyone's just trying to protect you

if you want a gmail account pm me, i have a bunch of invites.
    Quote Originally Posted by fac203
    I am having trouble installing AOL for Palm (v 3.2.1) on my new 650. I have isolated the issue to the AOL for Palm software and tried installing only that program after a hard reset.

After the installation process (which appears to happen without incident), the PDA requires a soft reset. Each time I try this, the PDA begins cycling endlessly through the reset process and I wind up having to do a hard reset to get it to function.

Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone give me any suggestions? Thanks.
    SnapperMail 2.1 does a much better job than that app. I highly recommend it.

Al
    AOL sucks im also leaving AOL to Gmail... also there are online services that will forwards your aol emails to your new email address and reply to every sender letting them know you have a new email address.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600mad
    Brand new Treo 600 overnighted looks like a good gift..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5739379354

Dude you gotta stop doing this s**t I see it everywhere you post and I don't come here to see your ebay sells.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600mad
    AOL sucks im also leaving AOL to Gmail... also there are online services that will forwards your aol emails to your new email address and reply to every sender letting them know you have a new email address.
    Do you have a link to this service that forwards aol email to your new email address? Is it free? I would appreciate the info if you have it. Thanks

I'll say this again, yes we know aol sucks but some of us want to use it because we have been using it for years and don't have problems with it. having an all in one solution for aol im and aol mail is always more ideal then having to use versamail or snappermail then having to open verichat to chat with aol im buddies. It's too many applications and extra steps where there is a perfectly good solution in one app with the aol palm software. Yes it has it's shortcomings like no attachment support. But other than that it's faster and all encompassing app for aol users.

And snappermail and versamail still pull recently deleted messages instead of just inbox new messages. I've used them both and they both aren't smart enough to filter out the deleted emails. Instead it adds it into the inbox along with new emails. Because of this it take forever to download emails. The aol software doesn't do this and it takes a few seconds for it to pull up actual new emails and not deleted emails. So there are reasons we want aol. Don't let your biases make you make blanket statements without understanding why aol users want to use aol.
    Well after some long research I finally found a viable aol solution that is smart enough to only pull new aol inbox emails into your versamail inbox.

I've heard many people state that they use versamail and snappermail fine with aol and I guess if you don't mind it pulling up old read emails into your inbox then it's fine as is.

For those of you lucky versamail users for which this problem doesn't occur please feel free to publish your exact settings & preferences so the rest of us can get it to work as you have claimed. (filter, server, delivery options, etc)

But until then, for those of you that would prefer to have versamail work like the crappy aol software we aol users love, Izymail online actually filters out the aol email properly and only displays truly new email in your versamail inbox.

The good thing is you don't have to download another app into your palm and you can actually use the versamail app that is already on your treo.

You can also reply back to emails as if it were coming from your aol address, delete and keep emails as new on both your treo versamail and aol software.

The bad news is that we still need to have an extra im program to instant message your aol buddies. I guess you can use the free uk version or purchase verichat.

Unfortunately this program isn't free but there is a free trial that I'm currently using.

But at least we have email back:
    http://izydelivers.com/imo_default.aspx

But as soon as they roll out a treo 650 version I'll be purchasing that so I can have an all in one solution.