1.    #1  
    Yesterday I talked with Verizon because for some reason my peek minuets went from around 200 minuets a month to over 1000.

The only difference is I bought my treo.... Verizon tells me that I need to add a network plan to my account. I can either get a 5mb plan for 25$ per month or unlimited for 45$ per month. This is on top of my normal 39.99 per month plan

From what they tell me the smartphones (treo) is always connected and using minuets.

Is this true? If so is there a way to disable that function? Has anyone else had this problem?

Any info would be great..... Thank you...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ad.php?t=65933

I asked the same yesterday, You pretty much have two options, either pay as you use with the huge risk of forgetting to turn off and thus running up a monster bill or having it data shut off entirely.

Verizon sales reps are doing a POOR job of explaining this to potential customers.

Do a search to find more on this.
    If you don't have a data plan:
    1. Avoid Wireless Sync email since it evidently pings and connects constantly
    2. Install Battery Dr or other app that will automatically turn off networking after a certain time.
    3. Make sure to turn off networking. Free app called alias launcher can set shortcut to network prefs. Snapper and some email apps auto-disconnect when done. In web browser make sure to disconnect after using. (option in menu)
    4. Nights and weekends may be free for your plan so try doing web activities then.
  4.    #4  
    thanks for you ideas.... what i don't understand is the only way i know to turn the data stream off is by turning the wireless mode completely off. Is there anything else i can do so i can still make and receive calls. ????
    Prefs -> Network -> Disconnect button. This cuts data connect, not the phone.
    Also check all the menus to any email/web app. There's usually a disconnect option. Check prefs of the apps as well to see if you can set to auto disconnect.
  6.    #6  
    great thank you for clearing that up
    Quote Originally Posted by konabumm
    Yesterday I talked with Verizon because for some reason my peek minuets went from around 200 minuets a month to over 1000.

The only difference is I bought my treo.... Verizon tells me that I need to add a network plan to my account. I can either get a 5mb plan for 25$ per month or unlimited for 45$ per month. This is on top of my normal 39.99 per month plan

From what they tell me the smartphones (treo) is always connected and using minuets.

Is this true? If so is there a way to disable that function? Has anyone else had this problem?

Any info would be great..... Thank you...

This is a Moot point as Verizon is now turning OFF internet use if you DO NOT have a Data Plan!

Jeff
    verizon is not turning OFF internet use if you DO NOT have a data plan. I went through this yesterday with verizon rep, and as usual, some reps are misinformed. Read through this thread

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...8&page=3&pp=20