1.    #1  
    After my trial period I purchased Voice Dial on my 650. The registration number did not work. I have emailed Handango 7 times, been on hold for almost 2 hours and sent them a less than friendly fax. Needless to say I have not heard zip. Nice way to run a company. Anybody have an idea how I can get these wonderful guys' attention?
    Treo 270, 600, 650, 700p, 750v
    I had to wait 8 days to get a response to an email, despite their claim of a 48-hour response time. Very bad.
    I was under the impression that the Treo supported voice dialing out of the box. What does Handango get you that the Treo didn't already do?

What i really want is to not have to put any voice tags on any of the contacts but have the software hear my voice then dial the best match (my old phone required voice tags, i don't have my 608 yet). Does the Treo or Handango support "just say the name and the phone will figure it out"?
    Quote Originally Posted by rick325
    I was under the impression that the Treo supported voice dialing out of the box. What does Handango get you that the Treo didn't already do?

What i really want is to not have to put any voice tags on any of the contacts but have the software hear my voice then dial the best match (my old phone required voice tags, i don't have my 608 yet). Does the Treo or Handango support "just say the name and the phone will figure it out"?
    Yeah it does support recognizing your voice without name tags. The program that comes with the Treo will do this for 14 days, after that you have to purchase it.
    That being said you can use it forever with voice number dialing, where you say the numbers and not the name. The name dial functionality is disabled after 14 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    Yeah it does support recognizing your voice without name tags. The program that comes with the Treo will do this for 14 days, after that you have to purchase it.
    That being said you can use it forever with voice number dialing, where you say the numbers and not the name. The name dial functionality is disabled after 14 days.
    Ahhh... get you hooked and WHAMO! The voice dialing thing sounds pretty good--does it work well, and sorry to be a pest, but how much does it cost. I assume that there are other (cheaper?) 3rd party products other than the one that they are trying to bait you on, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by rick325
    Ahhh... get you hooked and WHAMO! The voice dialing thing sounds pretty good--does it work well, and sorry to be a pest, but how much does it cost. I assume that there are other (cheaper?) 3rd party products other than the one that they are trying to bait you on, no?
    $20
    Quote Originally Posted by mervynle
    After my trial period I purchased Voice Dial on my 650. The registration number did not work. I have emailed Handango 7 times, been on hold for almost 2 hours and sent them a less than friendly fax. Needless to say I have not heard zip. Nice way to run a company. Anybody have an idea how I can get these wonderful guys' attention?
    Please let me know!! Their customer service does not exist, aside from some auto e-mail crap!
    Quote Originally Posted by mervynle
    A bit of good news (maybe). I was in touch with the VP of Product Marketing at VoiceSignal this morning. They are aware of the issues with Handango support of their product (and none to happy I might add). They have also, already (before my letting them know), advised PalmOne, who supposedly is all over Handango to resolve the issue ASAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeryTall
    A bit of good news (maybe). I was in touch with the VP of Product Marketing at VoiceSignal this morning. They are aware of the issues with Handango support of their product (and none to happy I might add). They have also, already (before my letting them know), advised PalmOne, who supposedly is all over Handango to resolve the issue ASAP.
    I hope you're right. I've been contacting Handango about this as well but only through emails and their website. This issue is even in their FAQs and there's instructions on how to get a new registration code. But I have yet to get a response from them at all. It's been almost a month. I've purchased a lot of software from them and I don't think I will be purchasing any in the future. Atleast let us know you're working on it or something rather than no response. Below is the link in their FAQs.

http://handango.custhelp.com/cgi-bin...i=&p_topview=1
    I have to give credit where credit is due. When I replaced my 650 and asked for a new code by email, I received a response within a few hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxy
    I have to give credit where credit is due. When I replaced my 650 and asked for a new code by email, I received a response within a few hours.
    Which email address did you use to request the code?
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Which email address did you use to request the code?
    I used support@handango.com I also CC'd support@voicesignal.com

The guy at voicesignal sent an email to someone at Handango requesting that he send me the code ASAP and I had one within a couple of hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    I used support@handango.com I also CC'd support@voicesignal.com

The guy at voicesignal sent an email to someone at Handango requesting that he send me the code ASAP and I had one within a couple of hours.
    Thanks for the tip. I emailed voicesignal and copied handango on it. I hope this works...