Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Wow,

I love launcherX, and the 'return' workaround has been working wonderfully. Another thing I really like is that it actually shows the signal (with the data arrows!!) and battery that the phone application uses, so you know it's accurate, unlike zlauncher (reportedly).

One cosmetic problem, I wonder if it bothers anyone else. I love using the "basique HD' layout, but the signal and battery overlay whitespace at the top of the screen. I don't know if I explained that well, but try using basique hd and see if you see the same thing. I hate looking at it, I wonder if there's something I can do? Anyone?
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    Wow,

I love launcherX, and the 'return' workaround has been working wonderfully. Another thing I really like is that it actually shows the signal (with the data arrows!!) and battery that the phone application uses, so you know it's accurate, unlike zlauncher (reportedly).

One cosmetic problem, I wonder if it bothers anyone else. I love using the "basique HD' layout, but the signal and battery overlay whitespace at the top of the screen. I don't know if I explained that well, but try using basique hd and see if you see the same thing. I hate looking at it, I wonder if there's something I can do? Anyone?
    g-funkster, we must be cut from the same cloth. I had the same reaction.

I ended up having to switch to Classique-Top HD, and just live with the space-wasting tabs. When necessary I just scrunched icons together and chose the smaller font so they all appear on one page for each tab.

Yeah, I'd prefer if the Basique HD layout displayed that top menu bar better. That tiny visual glitch seared into my eyeballs and I couldn't look away.
    That's funny.. I use Basique HD as well and inmediately noticed the graphical glitch when I first tried it on my 650. I decided to live with it though, the other skins don't do it for me at all.
    I reported this to the Launcher X guardians as soon as I found it, a few weeks ago, along with the other observations.
    z-l gives you three ways to move programs to a SD card. The first is to move only the app to the palm\launcher directory the second is to move just the app to the palm\zlauncher\app directory the last is to move everything to the second above named path. I have tried most launcher programs and I first used mega-launcher, but when SD cards first became popular it did not support them, I had to switch to z-l because it did. IMHO I think most of the progs of this type do want most people want them to and you should buy the cheapest one, unless you really like some feature like the ticker in Silver screen, or the layout of facer.
    Palm Pro < Palm III < Palm IIIx < Palm IIIe < Palm VII < Handspring Visor < Sony PEG s320 < Kyocera 6035 < Samsung i300 < Palm TC < Sprint 650 < LifeDrive < Sprint Treo 700p < Sprint Treo 755p < Sprint Centro
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Funny... I'd never updated my layout to any of the "HD" ones! I was still using the old low-res one.

Thanks also for that keyboard/return workaround, I'd gotten so used to just using the 5-way center on my old Treo600, I'd forgotten that the keyboard letters also let you jump to apps.

ERic
    As for KsDatebook, I loved it on my 600. The only thing I notice as a problem on the 650 now is that the 650 lets you input a birthday for each contact and then automatically integrates that with your Treo calendar (with a little cake next to it), but that doesn't show up in the KsDatebook calendar from what I've found. Anyone else have this or have a fix?

Quote Originally Posted by NSiNSiNSi
    Launcher X - my favorite launcher by far
    KsDatebook - replace the 650's crappy built-in calendar
    Directory Assistant - most underrated app on the Treo imho
    Hand/RSS - Best RSS reader on the Treo (shareware)
    YAPS - Free encrypted password keeper
    HandyShopper - Most usable list keeping and light database proggie I know
    PawCalc - expression-based calculator-I can't use "dumb" calcs anymore (shareware)
    Multiclock - My favorite daily alarm clock

There's more but those are my basics.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    My top 10, not in particular order. All are running fine on my 650.

- Agendus 9.01
    - akUtils 1.1 - DA with time, date, batt. voltage, batt. %, RAM free, SD free, and buttons for power off, lock, backlight toggle, and soft reset.
    - ClockPop5
    - daMemoPad 0.241 - DA access to Memos DB; sort of a deluxe clipboard.
    - DocumentsToGo 7.003 - OK, came w/ the Treo, but gotta have it.
    - FileZ 6.5 - space issues go away (13 MB free RAM, and that's after a 2 MB cache for Blazer).
    - McPhling 5.7 - still trying a couple of alternatives, but it looks like the old standby will win out.
    - PowerRun 1.3 - see FileZ description above.
    - STRIP 1.0 - Secure Tool for Recalling Important Passwords
    - Timesheet 1.5.3 - Time tracking. Nice for work (IT consultant).

I'm sure the list will change since I'm still adjusting from OS 4 to 5.
    Cobra- yikes I found this on a search for strip 1.0.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123