1.    #1  
    http://www.cingular.com/customer_ser...hone_insurance

Looks like the GSM Treo 650 will be out soon !!!
    Funny, it also has ACE listed
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    That must be a page Lockline supplies and Cingular just pastes.

Yesterday I got this big 22 page Cingular catalog in the mail addressed to "Dear AT&T customers" listing along with current phones all the "new and coming soon" phonesl It listed all kinds of new phones including the Siemens SX66, Moto MPX220, Sony Z710 and Z500, Razr, Moto A630 but absolutely no mention of either the old Treo 600 or new 650 which I found very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Slk24kgj
    Funny, it also has ACE listed
    how much do they charge for insurance on a treo?
    They don't cover treo's!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Or any PDA/Smartphones for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    They don't cover treo's!
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Or any PDA/Smartphones for that matter.
    then why do they list it
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    then why do they list it
    Because, some devices are not eligible for wireless phone insurance. The following phones and PDAs do not qualify for coverage:

* Motorola
    o A009
    o A388
    o MPX220
    o StarTAC
    o V3 RAZR
    o V60i
    * Nokia
    o 7610
    o 9290 Communicator
    * PalmOne
    o ACE
    o Treo 180
    o Treo 270
    o Treo 600
    o Treo 650
    o Visor
    * RIM
    o 6210
    o 6280
    o 7280
    o 7290
    * Siemens
    o SX66
    * Sony Ericsson
    o P800
    o P900
    If you look at the list (I did and missed it 4 times), the list is of DEVICES NOT COVERED!

Some devices are not eligible for wireless phone insurance. The following phones and PDAs do not qualify for coverage:
    • <LI class=black>Motorola
      • <LI class=secondLevel>A009 <LI class=secondLevel>A388 <LI class=secondLevel>MPX220 <LI class=secondLevel>StarTAC <LI class=secondLevel>V3 RAZR
      • V60i
      <LI class=black>Nokia
      • <LI class=secondLevel>7610
      • 9290 Communicator
      <LI class=black>PalmOne
      • <LI class=secondLevel>ACE <LI class=secondLevel>Treo 180 <LI class=secondLevel>Treo 270 <LI class=secondLevel>Treo 600
      • Treo 650
      • Visor

Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    then why do they list it
    Lockline covers my 650 under Sprint PCS for $5/month and a $50 replacement cost.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    Lockline covers my 650 under Sprint PCS for $5/month and a $50 replacement cost.
    You better tripple check with Lockline...

Every cell provider makes their own decision to offer insurance, and who to get coverage from. Sprint and I believe also Verizon do offer coverage for Treos. Cingular does NOT cover Treos. Lockline just does what the carrier wants (and pays for). If you for some reason are paying $$ to Cingular (?old phone) and think that it will cover your new Treo, do not be fooled. Some folks have skirted the issue by buying smartphones at BestBuy or the like and getting their coverage, or looking for 3rd party insurance. You could also add your Treo to your scheduled personal articles on your homeowners policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsmooth

I know they cover the Treo 600, because I have used them.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsmooth

Oh, they do. I made sure when I added it.
    But have you ever had a claim taken care of with your T600 and Cingular under LockLine???
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    Every cell provider makes their own decision to offer insurance, and who to get coverage from. Sprint and I believe also Verizon do offer coverage for Treos. Cingular does NOT cover Treos. Lockline just does what the carrier wants (and pays for). If you for some reason are paying $$ to Cingular (?old phone) and think that it will cover your new Treo, do not be fooled. Some folks have skirted the issue by buying smartphones at BestBuy or the like and getting their coverage, or looking for 3rd party insurance. You could also add your Treo to your scheduled personal articles on your homeowners policy.
    I was considering switching to Cingular, or at least trying out GSM and EDGE against the Sprint equivalent for comparison. But this is definitely very bad news to hear. I'm probably not even going to bother thinking about Cingular anymore, unless anyone has a better solution than buying it from BestBuy and using their incomplete insurance. What other companies would provide insurance (comparable to lockline) for the Cingular 650??
    sprint covers PDA/pocket PC devices.

cingular does not.

regards,
    dolo
    .:Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around:.