Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    i am having an issue with books stored on my sandisk 1GB SD card. any books that i install directly, hotsync, or copy to the SD card are corrupted (about 10-20 pages in books are filled with giberish and eventually causes the 650 to reset)

    i can read the books fine on my pc and they work ok if i hotsync them to directly to the 650's memory.

    i haven't had any other issues with the card, so i'm fairly certain the issue isn't with the card. i've re-downloaded and re-installed the reader, so i do not think the issue is with it be corrupted.

    has anyone else been able to read books on a SD card successfully on their 650? (hopefully there isn't an issue i am just doing somthing boneheaded...)
  2. #2  
    I have been reading ebooks from my cards for 4yrs. So far no probs on the 650 I haven't read one from start to finish on the 650 yet though. I have only read about 1000 palm pages. Are the corrupted pages showing up in random spots.
  3. #3  
    which eReader? (version)
  4.    #4  
    it's eReader pro version 2.5.3. and yes, it does seem like the corrupted pages are showing up randomly.
  5. #5  
    I just started using eReader Pro on my Treo 650. Previously I used Palm Reader on my Treo 300 wothout a hitch.

    I haven't used it long enough to guarantee I'm in the clear, but I havent had any problems yet. I have 3 novels on my SD card (one of which I am reading at the moment), and the Merriam-Webster college dictionary plus the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus. No problems of any kind with the books.

    The only problem I HAVE noticed is that if I set the Option: 'All sound off (Master)' then I can't get sound back for any application at all on my Treo without a reset. Turning the option back on doesn't fix it. Once you check it you're hosed.

    Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
  6.    #6  
    To bring closure to this, I determined the issue was apparently with the fonts from eReader's Agfa Monotype eBook Font Pack. Since I erased these and started using the default fonts everything has been fine.

    BTW - I did notice the same issue with the "all sound off" option ChickenHawk pointed out. It is annoying...
  7. #7  
    I haven't used the optional fonts for a long time. I found them somewhat useless. So thats why I didn't have the prob. I guess. Thanks for sharing the solution.
  8. #8  
    I noticed this as well... with non-standard fonts. which is why I wanted to know what version...
    the eReader that came on the CD is 2.5.4 but there is no "PRO" version of 2.5.4 yet...
    probably due to this font issue ;o(
    this is not an accident, this is art.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by gilgamesh
    To bring closure to this, I determined the issue was apparently with the fonts from eReader's Agfa Monotype eBook Font Pack. Since I erased these and started using the default fonts everything has been fine.

    BTW - I did notice the same issue with the "all sound off" option ChickenHawk pointed out. It is annoying...
    I had memory allocation errors and resets after using the Ereader pro fonts with the ereader books... they stopped after I removed the provided fonts. Interestingly enough, there was no conflict with fonts provided by Fonts4OS5 that I used with Ereader Pro. 2.5.3, just with the Ereader fonts like utah and gil. Removed them and problem went away.

Posting Permissions