Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What are you opinions for the best voice recorder on the market that is compatitble with the Treo 650. I have loaded SoundRec 1.051 and seems to work. But it is not very sexy and it does seem to be able to access the SD card. I get a message that the SD card is write protected when it is not.

Thoughts?
    robert
    Quote Originally Posted by robcalvert
    What are you opinions for the best voice recorder on the market that is compatitble with the Treo 650. I have loaded SoundRec 1.051 and seems to work. But it is not very sexy and it does seem to be able to access the SD card. I get a message that the SD card is write protected when it is not.

Thoughts?
    There are probably a lot of good ones out there but mVoice v1.5 works well for me on the Treo650.

http://www.motionapps.com/products.jsp?mvoice
    You could also use Voice Memo from Palm. Just copy the files from T3 or other Palm units that have the program. Make sure to copy the main program voice pad.prc plus localization file Voice Pad_enUS.prc using Filez.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    There are probably a lot of good ones out there but mVoice v1.5 works well for me on the Treo650.

http://www.motionapps.com/products.jsp?mvoice
    I have tried PAR, Audacity, SoundRec, and I prefer mVoice. I hope that mVoice updates mVoice to do one touch voice memo from the user assignable button, but it is a great app at this point for me.
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  5.    #5  
    I am looking at mvoice right now on the web and $24.95 is very pricey for the exact same funcationality that the free program SoundRec 1.051 offers. What was your reason for choosing mvoice over soundrec?
    robert
    do any of the programs have the ability to back up like a digital recorder would do>
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bestoverall
    You could also use Voice Memo from Palm. Just copy the files from T3 or other Palm units that have the program. Make sure to copy the main program voice pad.prc plus localization file Voice Pad_enUS.prc using Filez.

I have been using this program recently. It works for me. I liked soundrec (it was free, too!) But it does not record to SD cards on the 650. I contacted the developer and he said he would work on it.

Interesting thing about the palm program. the sound files are much smaller than with Soundrec, or the other recording programs. One tenth smaller. The sound quality is slightly less than the others, but still very good.
    Treolawyer: If you are using Voice Memo (the one lifted from the Tungsten series), your voice memos WILL be synced during a HotSync and you'll be able to hear them through the new version of the Palm Desktop.

I just got my 650 Friday night (Xmas/birthday present from Mom - Thanks, Mom!) and I was a little disappointed by the exclusion of Voice Memo. But I found it posted on these boards (thanks, mg48), installed it and tested it by holding my Treo at various lengths and at various voice levels. The 5-way and side buttons don't seem to work at all, neither at the opening screen (where memos are listed) nor in the recording screen.

I went looking for SoundRec and found it at http://www.infinityball.com/soundrec.aspx and frankly I like it better than Voice Memo. The 5-way is utilized very nicely, though I have to admit I've not played with VM on a Tungsten, so I don't know what its button UI feels like. I also don't think you can automatically sync your memos, but you appear to have the ability to write them to expansion cards, so you could probably take care of business that way.

Good Lord, I love this device!
    WIll it hotsync the mvoice files? It seems almost identical to the voice memeo app..
    yeah, but mVoice has true one button voice memo. Its so hard to choose between mVoice and Audacity because I think that Audacity has better sound quality

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

I really think Audacity is the best for the money, even though it is not free. Navigation pad lets you do all standard record functions, very small files, records to either internal or external memory, can be set to one-button record, audio alarm feature, record directly to internal or SD memory, files Sync to PC and good audio quality.
    yeah, but its one button record can't bypass the keygaurd like mVoice. that's a true one button voice memo

ok so i just got "voice memo" to work. but is there a way to use the side button to not only start the application, but start recording?
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    I hope that mVoice updates mVoice to do one touch voice memo from the user assignable button, but it is a great app at this point for me.
    As you know wiith version 1.5 you got your wish... and looks like the new 1.6 has some tweaks for better Treo 650 compatibility:

-Added support for Treo 650
    -Added possibility to control the beep sound

I'm hoping for one-button support from the side button though... that would be the most convenient for voice recording, I'd think.

I'd also like to compare it to PalmOne's "Voice Recorder" though -- the way I understand it, voice memos recorded with that will actually hotsync back to the computer. I'd like to experiment with that and see if it's worth switching over for. Playing with PalmOne's NotePad now.
    Last edited by Fofer; 12/24/2004 at 01:53 AM.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davecombs
    Treolawyer: If you are using Voice Memo (the one lifted from the Tungsten series), your voice memos WILL be synced during a HotSync and you'll be able to hear them through the new version of the Palm Desktop.
    At least on my Mac I couldn't get the syncing of Voice Memos to work; I get an HotSync error every time. (Tried both normal sync as well as "handheld overwrites Mac.") I am using MarkSpace's Missing Sync and everything else works great.

Hmm.. might be back to mVoice for me. At least with that app I can drag the resulting .WAV files off the SD card.

Syncing of Note Pad went better, it completes successfully but the doodles don't show up properly. Looking to see if a replacement desktop app can solve that.
    Last edited by Fofer; 12/24/2004 at 03:25 AM.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Could someone explain the hotsyncing to PC with "Voice recorder".
    How does this work? Where do you find the voice memos on the PC?
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    I hope that mVoice updates mVoice to do one touch voice memo from the user assignable button
    Quote Originally Posted by Fofer
    I'm hoping for one-button support from the side button though... that would be the most convenient for voice recording, I'd think.
    exactly my point also my good man

Quote Originally Posted by robcalvert

Thoughts?

Try Personal Audio Recorder PRO. version 2.3 now supports compression for the T650 and Tungsten.

www.toysoft.ca/par.html
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    does it still have the same annoying feature of having to save the file name after you record thereby negating any benefits of the one button record because of the work on the back end?

I still recommend Audacity. The files automatically Sync to the PC without having to do anything except press the HotSync button. Hitting the HotSync button on the Audacity Professional Version with either email or FTP the files to a remote location. Recordings can be recorded directly to either internal or SD memory. You can use either compressed files or uncompressed files. The compressed files are very small. Great use of navigation pad to allow access to most recording features with the use of only one hand. Much better than the side button which only allows access to a single function.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast