Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Any updates? I want a voice recorder with Quality Sound. which records to the SD card. But Quality recording is number 1
    Audacity is good quality, maybe the best. mVoice is nice though because you can do true one button recording that will bypass the keyguard
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Version 2.5 has been released. Personal Audio Recorder PRO now supports high resolution for the Treo650 and Tungsten.

www.toysoft.ca/par.html
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    Audacity is good quality, maybe the best. mVoice is nice though because you can do true one button recording that will bypass the keyguard
    I use mVoice but I don't know how to bypass the keygaurd using one button recording. I'm using the side button in mVoice's settings. I downloaded vs. 2.0 and I'm having problems with trying to use the side button. I thought it used to wake it up but not anymore. I have to turn it on first.
    Last edited by scsanden; 03/21/2005 at 11:06 PM.
    Does anyone know if any of the voice recorders have alarm features on them to remind you of say, an appointment you recorded on the fly and forgot about? Thanks for any help.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryrub
    Does anyone know if any of the voice recorders have alarm features on them to remind you of say, an appointment you recorded on the fly and forgot about? Thanks for any help.
    PAR does. but an even better solution is to use KoolAlarms. You record all your voice memos, create the appointment(s) in Calendar then use KoolAlarms and attach the voice memo. you can create as many appts you like and attach different voice memos.

check it out www.toysoft.ca/koolalarms.html
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Another option is Palm Dictate. It comes with free transcription software.

http://www.nch.com.au/palmdictate/index.html
    Could you please help to guide me where I can download the Voicememo from Tungsten
    here u go... http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=80610

just go down couple of posts for the voicememo files.
    Last edited by viper_; 04/10/2005 at 10:36 AM.
    Thanks for the information regarding Audacity. I agree it offers the best sound quality & is feature rich.
    Quote Originally Posted by moddem
    Another option is Palm Dictate. It comes with free transcription software.

http://www.nch.com.au/palmdictate/index.html

Very cool concept! But don't load it on your 650. The one button recording only works with the models with a dedicated record button, like what is on the T3. Also, after I installed it, my 650 immediately reset.

I quickly uninstalled it.
    BTW.. Installing the Voicememo Tungsten app on the Treo seems to work great on the 650. I wanted the feature, just in case.. I know I won't be using it that much. To make the PTT button start the recording not just lauch the app we need some way to make the Voicememo app think that the 'New' button was pressed in addition to launching the app. I wonder if an helper app could be written that essentially launches voicememo and simulates the 'new' button press. We can make the PTT button launch the helper app which starts the recording That would be sweet.

Thanks for link Viper and Thanks Franko515 for making the PRCs available.

- Sid Vajirkar
    Unlocked 650
    Quote Originally Posted by davecombs
    I just got my 650 Friday night (Xmas/birthday present from Mom - Thanks, Mom!) and I was a little disappointed by the exclusion of Voice Memo. But I found it posted on these boards (thanks, mg48), installed it and tested it by holding my Treo at various lengths and at various voice levels.
    My voice recordings seem to be at 2 very different levels: either very loud and strong, or very weak, and the recording situations are all basically the same. Does anyone know what affects the mic sensitive for Voice Memo, as recording distance isn't a factor here?

I'm also wondering whether any of the other voice recording apps available for the Treo 650 can play Voice Memo files. My belief is that there aren't any.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Do any of these tools create a real memo or a link or something in the memo app?
    Again I ask, which of the voice recording programs can play back Voice Memo files? PAR Pro can -- but only certain ones
    the ultimate would be one that allows you to add alarms to each note
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Is there a program that can record from the Treo's speakerphone as well as a normal voice conversation?
    I work for a newspaper and being able to use my 650 to record interviews from a landline speakerphone or off the Treo itself would be great.
    Hello everyone! first time on here...as everyone in this thread looking for a voice recorder for my Treo650. I have two requirements 1. to use with bluetooth ear piece and 2. every so often I need to record a phone call (both parties talking) of the following which would do these things

mVoice, Audacity or Personal Audio Recorder....or make another suggestion!

the recording would have to be able to store on the SD card

any insights
    Thanks
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12