Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I just purchased the Jabra A210 Bluetooth Adapter at Brookstone today for $60. The unit is designed to allow you to use a Bluetooth headset with any non-bluetooth phone. This was an impulse buy, because when I saw the unit in Brookstone I was blown away by how small the unit was and the price. Since I already had a Jabra BT200 Bluetooth headset that I had not used in over year and half I felt it was worth a try and perhaps get some more life out of my BT200 headset that was just collecting dust.

I got it home this afternoon, charged it up (2 hours) and paired it with my headset in all of 45 seconds. I immediately tried made a call on my Treo 600 and hit the answer button on the headset and it worked flawlessly. I hit the button on the headset and the phone hung up as it should. My next test was to call my Treo and attempt to answer the call with just a click of the answer button on the headset. Again the test went perfectly. I had my son do a test call to me to try our voice quality and it was very good - I did have to make some adjustment on the adapter as it provides a recessed switch with three settings to optimize sound quality. There was some faint crackle on my end (normal for BT headsets), but not annoying or distracting in anyway. My son said the call was load and clear with no crackling sounds on his side.

Overall, I am impressed with the unit. I have only played with it for the last couple hours and I need to put it through its paces in diffrent enviroments as well as test out battery life. So far so good.

They claim 8 hours of talk time. The unit is very small and utilizes a recharagable lithium-ion battery. Here is a link to the Jabra product page - http://www.jabra.com/JabraCMS/NA/EN/...A210/JabraA210

I will post additioonal comments on the unit after I use it some more.
    Last edited by JHETZEL; 12/19/2004 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Correct sentence
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    I have the A210 running on my Treo 600 and I agree it is amazing. There is a little switch on the bottom of the unit with 3 positions. I'm just curious which position you have the unit set to? The manual says to use #1 for Motorola phones, #3 for all other phones and #2 if you have any echo. Position #1 seems a bit quieter but I can't figure out the difference between the three settings. Let me know what you have it set to.

Regards,

JordanK.
    Quote Originally Posted by JordanK
    I have the A210 running on my Treo 600 and I agree it is amazing. There is a little switch on the bottom of the unit with 3 positions. I'm just curious which position you have the unit set to? The manual says to use #1 for Motorola phones, #3 for all other phones and #2 if you have any echo. Position #1 seems a bit quieter but I can't figure out the difference between the three settings. Let me know what you have it set to.

Regards,

JordanK.
    When I used a 600 and a MOTO 810 I settled on position #2. They worked very much the same, but I did notice that interference and echoing happened less frequently in that position.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JordanK

Regards,

JordanK.

I use setting #2. I played with the diffrent setting while talking on the phone and found #2 to be loud and clear with no echo on both ends.
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    See the new trick I was able to do with my set up at - http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php?to...57046#msg57046

Quick summary: I now have audio caller ID through my bluetooth headset using CallFilter and Freedom from toysoft.ca .

Very cool!

Can you hear any phone #, or just names you hav in contacts?

TIA
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Can you hear any phone #, or just names you hav in contacts?

TIA

Callfilter's "Announce" feature does say the phone number and i do hear the number. Also, i ffound that using Freedom from Toysoft.ca, allows me to hear Audible and pTunes through by Bluetooth Headset.

Has anyone tried pairing the A210 with any of the aftermarket bluetooth speakerphone systems like Parrot or Nokia?
    I looked up the BT200 headset, it shows a picture with a cord on it and it says this device is made for non BT phones. I have a Treo 600, and I would need the A210 BT adaptor obviously and then a headset. The Jabra site also shows a BT250 headset with no cord on it. Can someone tell me what I need to get up and running on BT on my 600? and the best place to buy the adaptor and a headset too plz thanks
    I would use the A210 adapter and then any headset of your choice. I wouldn't get the BT200 with the cord (thats an adapter/cradle and it sucks.) You don't have to settle with a Jabra headset when you use the A210 You can use any BT headset, I recomend getting one that is BT Ver 1.2
    ok thanks much sxtg
    Will the A210 pair with devices other than a Jabra headset? Can it be used to synch the Treo and my iBook with a D-Link BT adapter?
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dohdave
    Will the A210 pair with devices other than a Jabra headset? Can it be used to synch the Treo and my iBook with a D-Link BT adapter?

The A210 should pair with any bluetooth headset. The only limitation is that use of the A210 limits the functionality of the headset to only what a wired headset would support (i.e., answer, call waiting an disconnect)

It will not allow bluetooth syncing and only simulates a headset connection.

Ok .. I know I'm resurrecting this old thread ..

I've got the BT200 for Non-bluetooth Phones (non-Nokia/ 3 rings on the plug) that I used w/my Treo 300.

The one I have has the "adapter/cradle" .. that plugs

1. Will this BT200 work with the A210 device?
    2. Does the A210 device take the place of the adapter/cradle device?
    Quote Originally Posted by inqui-Z-tor
    Ok .. I know I'm resurrecting this old thread ..

I've got the BT200 for Non-bluetooth Phones (non-Nokia/ 3 rings on the plug) that I used w/my Treo 300.

The one I have has the "adapter/cradle" .. that plugs

1. Will this BT200 work with the A210 device?
    2. Does the A210 device take the place of the adapter/cradle device?
    1. There is no reason why it shouldn't
    2. YES
    Nice .. appreciate the help!

Guess I'll have to visit Brookstone soon ...
    Quote Originally Posted by JHETZEL
    The A210 should pair with any bluetooth headset. The only limitation is that use of the A210 limits the functionality of the headset to only what a wired headset would support (i.e., answer, call waiting an disconnect)

It will not allow bluetooth syncing and only simulates a headset connection.
    That's what I expected. Oh well...

Thanks for the help!
    Got the A210 yesterday .. works great w/my BT200 ... next will have to investigate the CallFilter and Freedom apps JHETZEL mentions in an earlier post ...
    Does the "normal" Jabra A210 work with the Treo 600 or do I need an adapter? In other words the normal A210 has 3 "bits of metal" with 2 insulators, will that work or do I need the 4 bits of metal and 3 insulators variety?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twocrifasis
    Does the "normal" Jabra A210 work with the Treo 600 or do I need an adapter? In other words the normal A210 has 3 "bits of metal" with 2 insulators, will that work or do I need the 4 bits of metal and 3 insulators variety?

Thanks
    I had no idea that there were two. I looked and mine has 2 rings.

BTW, mine always rang in the headset and I have never used Freedom... What advantage would that have?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast