Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    You want the one w/2 insulators (black bands) .. 3 "metal rings" ..
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    My Treo 600/Jabra A210/Scala 500/ setup doesn't ring in the headset. Should it?
    Tks,

Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    I had no idea that there were two. I looked and mine has 2 rings.

BTW, mine always rang in the headset and I have never used Freedom... What advantage would that have?
    Quote Originally Posted by jekswang
    My Treo 600/Jabra A210/Scala 500/ setup doesn't ring in the headset. Should it?
    Tks,
    I know mine does with the 650/A210 (I used it before they fixed the BT) and I am quite sure it did with my 600 (I don't remember throwing a bloody fit about it not working- which I definately would have)
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Sxtg,
    Thanks, I experimented a little more and turned the ringer on, and yes, now it does work! (With VoiceLaucher) Yay! It didn't seem to work without it, who knows, maybe it did and I was doing something wrong there too.

'
    I know mine does with the 650/A210 (I used it before they fixed the BT) and I am quite sure it did with my 600 (I don't remember throwing a bloody fit about it not working- which I definately would have)
    Last edited by jekswang; 03/30/2005 at 04:49 PM. Reason: additional
    Quote Originally Posted by jekswang
    Sxtg,
    Thanks, I experimented a little more and turned the ringer on, and yes, now it does work! Yay!

'
    I knew it did. I have been wondering what all the buzz around here about it not working was about. I was starting think I was going crazy. Thanks for the confirmation!
    ?? I have the 600/A210/BT200 set up .. should I hear the ringer via the headset?? And by ringer .. are you all talking when the 600 rings (incoming call) or the ringer (out going calls)??
    I dont know about the BT200 but I have the Moto 820 and it rings in my headset only. (Perfect for those quiet places where you dont want everyone to know your phone is ringing.)
    OK ... per JHETZEL .. with this combination (same as mine) Treo600/BT200/A210 .. can respond to calls using the BT200 button and end calls (hang up) via the button?

My Treo600 rings (not the headset) .. I press the BT200 button, hear "static" .. select the answer button on the Treo .. it picks up .. I can carry on a conversation.

What do I need to set up? To be able to answer calls via the BT200 button? w/o using the Treo600 button?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I'll tell you this, although I don't have the BT200, and I could be wrong, but I swear my Scala 500 did not ring in the headset, until I downloaded Voicelauncher, then I could hear the ringer and RealPlayer through the headset. I think I always could answer and hang up calls with the headset button though. And by "ringer", I mean both the outgoing and incoming ringer. And the phone can't be on "silent"...
    Last edited by jekswang; 04/02/2005 at 02:32 AM. Reason: addition
    Quote Originally Posted by inqui-Z-tor
    OK ... per JHETZEL .. with this combination (same as mine) Treo600/BT200/A210 .. can respond to calls using the BT200 button and end calls (hang up) via the button?

My Treo600 rings (not the headset) .. I press the BT200 button, hear "static" .. select the answer button on the Treo .. it picks up .. I can carry on a conversation.

What do I need to set up? To be able to answer calls via the BT200 button? w/o using the Treo600 button?

Thanks!
    With that headset, you need to hit the button when you hear "static" hit the button again, and I believe it will answer.
    With that headset, you need to hit the button when you hear "static" hit the button again, and I believe it will answer.
    Thanks ... will have to test that ...

if that doesn't do it .. I'll look at voicelauncher (thanks jekswang!)
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I dont know about the BT200 but I have the Moto 820 and it rings in my headset only. (Perfect for those quiet places where you dont want everyone to know your phone is ringing.)

Nice to know the @sses at my local Best Buy and Circuit City (3 each) steered me away from the Moto 820 because they claimed it would not work with the A210.....

What would everyone recommend MOTO 820 or BT250?
    the 820 and A210 were a perfect match for me
    T600/A210/820/Feedom

Rings only in my headset. I hear it ring, I press the answer button on my headset, call goes right through. I leave my 600 on my desk charging and I walk around and talk (A210 is on button #2).
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried to pair the A210 with a stereo bluetooth headset, specifically, the HP iPaq headset?
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdraper
    Has anyone tried to pair the A210 with a stereo bluetooth headset, specifically, the HP iPaq headset?
    Thanks.
    I was thinking about getting that headset since I have a BT Ipaq. For 99$ it's not bad.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    I was thinking about getting that headset since I have a BT Ipaq. For 99$ it's not bad.

Check on eBay, you should be able to find them for a little less than $99. I have one, I don't have any other BT devices, so I'm new with BT. I haven't been able to pair them yet.
    the 820 and A210 were a perfect match for me
    sxtg

When you use this combination with 650(?), could you answer phone calls as well as listen to music and audio book with the same BT headset? If you could, would you post some detail set up for newbies to try. I am looking for a BT headset I can use for phone calls and music. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Have a wonderful weekend.
    Yes. There wasn't much to the setup. I just paired them and set the A210 on position 2
    I picked up the A210 last week at Best Buy for $60. I have been waiting for over a year and a half to finally use my BT200 originally bought for the T300. It took awhile to realize that I had to pair the BT200 headset with the BT200 tranciever/charger while pairing with the A210. I love being wireless and the answer/end functionality works well. The charges last all day. And, I can easily plug the A210 into my home phone, cool.

But,... the sound quality is poor to unusable. Statis always. Volume is usually good. But I often find myself speaking as if I'm on a street corner, loudly. I'm asked if I'm on a cell phone more often. Occasionally I have to quickly pull the plug to be understood! The quality is about the same as using the original multi-adaptor, disappointing. OK for voice mail.

I miss my lost Shure Quiet Spot and I'm about to return the A210 and order another QSHB3.

Does anyone else have this problem? I realize it's most likely the Jabra BT200 and not the A210. I hate to go backwards, but like most of you I've already spent far too much on headsets for the 300/600. At this point I'm back to my wired Jabra Earwrap-boom, which is adequate.

Any advice? Any BT headsets really worth additional costs with the same quality as the QSHB3?

PS - 4/28/05: I returned the A210 to Best Buy and ordered the Shure Quiet Spot QSHB3 ( http://www.shure.com/quietspot/QSHB3.asp) from Amazon (hard to believe it's the cheapest at $29.99 & free S/H, http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...bosnation0e-20). I'm gong to miss the convience and "cool" of Bluetooth but I'll have the best wired headset I've ever tried.
    Last edited by tomfurie; 04/28/2005 at 10:59 PM.
    For fun & profit & Christ,
    TWF in Chicago
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast