Page 1 of 24 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I wrote a program that allows you to control keyboard lights on the 650. The keyboard lights can be turned off either automatically, when the keyboard is inactive, or manually as desired.

Edited 1/3/2005
    The latest version is 1.0 and it adds the following:
    - Improved UI.
    - Added ability to turn Auto Mode on and off using a keystroke without starting the application.
    - Added new keystroke Option+Alt.
    - All keystrokes can now be configured to toggle either the keyboard lights or auto mode.
    - Added support for registration.

You can download the latest versions of this program at www.lilapps.com. The program is available for a 30-day free trial and can be registered at the website after that.
    Last edited by silverado; 01/08/2005 at 11:09 AM.
    Nice little app!

Now, when can you intergrate it into a Prefs applet with a selectable time-out setting?
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    WOO HOOO!!! I love smartphones.
    Cool app Silverado!!!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  5.    #5  
    Please re-download the PRC. I have fixed a small problem.
    I tried to download from my treo, but it turns into a .php file ???
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    I tried to download from my treo, but it turns into a .php file ???
    Hmm... I tried that and had the same issue. Must be something with the setup of the web site.
    Its not just your file. Every file I have tried does this to me. I think DutchTrumpet has been able to download straight to 650.
    Way to go Silverado!! Thanks for sharing as well.

Anyway to assign a keyboard shortcut to it (like option + L) that will work within any app?

I will donate if you make that happen!

(edit) Of course I will donate for the one you have already done as well. Let us know where
    Last edited by sxtg; 12/11/2004 at 08:17 PM.
    save the php to your card from blazer and then copy to internal memory.

THANKS SIVERADO!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    save the php to your card from blazer and then copy to internal memory.

THANKS SIVERADO!!!!!
    Does it turn back into a PRC?

Thanks for info DT
    While listening to PTunes (Allman Brothers), I fired up WebPro and downloaded it. Works as advertized! Thanks Silverado! Kudos to ya! Wonder how much longer will the 650 run with the keybooard lights off? Anyone want to guess?

btw, unlike the 600, the keys legends are marked so much better that I have no legibility issue with the keyboard lights off.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Way to go Silverado!! Thanks for sharing as well.

Anyway to assign a keyboard shortcut to it (like option + L) that will work within any app?

I will donate if you make that happen!
    You're welcome. I will try to do something like this to improve launching.

Donations are always welcome by paypal at treoapps@mailcan.com.
    Last edited by silverado; 12/12/2004 at 12:47 PM.
    Very nice! Thanks!!!!!
    does anyone have a paypal link that works with blazer? if not i'll send some cash tomorrow night.

thanks silverado!!!
    I mapped it to a favorites with the K button, which toggles the keyboard light (only works in phone app). Silverado, can you map it to the power key such that successive 2 taps toggles backlight?
    How about mapping it to the new side button, since no one else has figured out anything useful to do with it? Is that possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by markinbright
    How about mapping it to the new side button, since no one else has figured out anything useful to do with it? Is that possible?
    This is exactly what I did... Under preferences > Personal > Buttons, I was able to select the app for the "Press + Hold Side button"
  19.    #19  
    I use the side button for voice dialing. I'll probably add something like activating it by something like option-L or toggle it when you launch the brightness dialog. I will later make it a bit more configurable.
    Quote Originally Posted by markinbright
    I thought that the side button would have been better linked to the blutooth sync...still haven't gotten the 650, so I dunno
Page 1 of 24 12345611 ... LastLast