Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Here is what I'm thinking to include in version 0.9 which should come out in a week's time:

- Overall Enable/Disable buttons
    - Choices for which keys toggle the kb lights:
    -- Double-click side button
    -- Shift-Side
    -- Use the "Night" key combination to cycle through 4 light statates (for screen and keyboard)

The following week I think I'll add an "auto" mode (as opposed to the current "manual" mode). In the auto mode you would be able to choose a timeout period after which the kb lights would go off. The lights would come back again if you hit any key and go off after a preset amount of time when you're idle again. The timeout period will be <= the auto-off timeout for the Treo.

I will later add settings for the screen backlight dim and off timeout periods as well. Later I may add auto-off options for Bluetooth and IR port.

Ideas and comments are welcome.
    Awesome!

In light of the side button on blazer you should add either:

enable with- double click and/or shift+side
    enable with- double click (disables side button in Blazer)
  2.    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    silverado, can you set-up a scheduling option to allow KB lights to be on at specified times (night)?
    How useful do you think this would be in practice since we can also be in lit situations at night and dark situations during the day? I thought about this but I could see people often opting for manually overriding the scheduled settings, which can make them somewhat useless.

also, when you say auto-off for BT, are you referring to a different program or in relation to KBLightsOff? or are you referring to a BTToggle type of program?
    I guess I was thinking of expanding the same program so that it's more like a Treo Power Manager instead of just a light manager.
  3.    #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Awesome!

In light of the side button on blazer you should add either:

enable with- double click and/or shift+side
    enable with- double click (disables side button in Blazer)
    I was thinking the user could enable each of the three methods independently. A sub-option of the double-click method would be to disable single click in other apps.
    I was thinking the user could enable each of the three methods independently. A sub-option of the double-click method would be to disable single click in other apps.
    Cool!
    Here is what I'm thinking to include in version 0.9 which should come out in a week's time:

-- Double-click side button
    -- Shift-Side
    -- Use the "Night" key combination to cycle through 4 light states (for screen and keyboard)

The following week I think I'll add an "auto" mode (as opposed to the current "manual" mode). In the auto mode you would be able to choose a timeout period after which the kb lights would be turned off. The lights would come back again if you hit any key and go off after a preset amount of time when you're idle again. The timeout period will be <= the auto-off timeout for the Treo.

I will later add settings for the screen backlight dim and off timeout periods as well. Later I may add auto-off options for Bluetooth and IR port.

If you make a ver 9, I suggest you keep 8 available. It is perfect for what I, and I suspect others need. Nice and simple, cant mess it up works perfectly.
  6.    #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    If you make a ver 9, I suggest you keep 8 available. It is perfect for what I, and I suspect others need. Nice and simple, cant mess it up works perfectly.
    I know what you mean... I don't like overly customizable apps myself. But my plan is to keep the UI simple, with the current options as the default. That's why I want to divide things into manual and auto. The current app only supports the manual settings. You would have to choose to go advanced.
    I'd suggest that it needs at least an enable/disable dialog, if only to facilitate troubleshooting.
    --
    "I'm too sexy for my code." - Awk Sed Fred
    silverado, you're right about scheduling KBLightsoff. I really like your idea of having a comprehensive power management utility. Are you familiar with BTToggle? It is not yet compatible with the Treo 650, but a great utility (automaticaly toggles BT for you when using the phone, etc).
  9.    #169  
    No, I wasn't familiar with BtToggle. I wasn't thinking of something so comprehensive for BT, at least not at this time (again, I'm not a big fan of 10's of settings if you can get away with it). I was thinking that BT would be swiched on in your favorite fashion, then my program would take care of shutting it off when it's idle. Same goes for IR.
    Silverado, thanks for a very simple, yet very useful app. I got it last night and paypal'ed you some dough. Cycling the kb/screen lighting would be cool. If it wouldn't be that much harder to do, you could maybe make the High and Low screen lighting user-definable (1-16 I believe when I looked at how many there are by hitting Option+P)? Just a thought. Anyway, thanks again.
    No, I wasn't familiar with BtToggle. I wasn't thinking of something so comprehensive for BT, at least not at this time (again, I'm not a big fan of 10's of settings if you can get away with it). I was thinking that BT would be swiched on in your favorite fashion, then my program would take care of shutting it off when it's idle. Same goes for IR.
    yeah, i'm into simplicity as well. i like your idea of a quick toggle of bt and ir with an idle timeout. the other option (taken from bttoggle) is to have bt automatically turned on when the phone and hoysync apps are running...
    I use the side buttom for voice dialing as well and dont want to lose that, works too well.

A bit off topic. WHY in the world was not something this useful and obvious included with the 650 LOL. The P1 guy I talked with at the Roadshow agreed that the keyboard was too bright and that there needed to be an app to turn it off. He said it would not be difficult to do, but P1 wouldnt be doing it, go figure
  13.    #173  
    I use the side buttom for voice dialing as well and dont want to lose that, works too well.
    I will continue to preserve this feature. In fact, preserving the click-and-hold action is the reason why I didn't go with a just a simple click of the side button!
    Is the current version supposed to work after resetting? If so, mine doesn't. I have to reactivate the app.
  15.    #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by Katahdin
    Is the current version supposed to work after resetting? If so, mine doesn't. I have to reactivate the app.
    Yes it is supposed to. What do you see when you run the application?
    The app works fine but when I do a soft reset, it doesn't work until I start the app again. All it does is the screen flashes when I start it and that's it.
    The app works fine but when I do a soft reset, it doesn't work until I start the app again. All it does is the screen flashes when I start it and that's it.

You probably don't have the latest version. Go to the top of this thread and re-download it. See if that helps.

• Double-click side button
    • Shift-Side
    • Use the "Night" key combination to cycle through 4 light states (for screen and keyboard)

I would suggest adding a feature to turn off the LED as well.
    Does anyone think that kb lights could be causing soft resets? Started getting these problems recently in a number of applications and deleted caches and cookies and such and even after removed all of the 3rd party apps except kb lights and fileZ.

Just wondering, love the app and hope that is not the problem, but its the one common thing
  20.    #180  
    The latest version gives you instructions when you start it. You can get the latest version from the first post of this thread.
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast