Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Its a keeper!
    Any idea how to deactivate it? or is it alwas going to be active and anytime i double click the side button the kb lights will toggle? Great job
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    Any idea how to deactivate it? or is it alwas going to be active and anytime i double click the side button the kb lights will toggle? Great job

Yep any time you push it, it works. I think moving the app out of RAM to an SD would deactivate it.
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Yep any time you push it, it works. I think moving the app out of RAM to an SD would deactivate it.
    This is correct. I will be adding an activate/dactivate screen at some point, but it wasn't urgent because it generally stays out of the way and no other programs use its key bindings, as far as I know.
    Ok this is outstanding. First app other than what came with the 650 that I have added. What program(s) would you like me to buy Silver in support of your effort. Otherwise I well send a little paypal your way as soon as I get it set up.
    Do not get me wrong, I love the app and appreciate your effort, I am just one of those who would like to have an exit strategy.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    This is correct. I will be adding an activate/dactivate screen at some point, but it wasn't urgent because it generally stays out of the way and no other programs use its key bindings, as far as I know.
    Treoing & Loving it
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    Do not get me wrong, I love the app and appreciate your effort, I am just one of those who would like to have an exit strategy.
    Quite understandable. For now, just delete it (or put it on the SD card) if you want it out of the way. Should have an activation screen next week.
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    Ok this is outstanding. First app other than what came with the 650 that I have added. What program(s) would you like me to buy Silver in support of your effort. Otherwise I well send a little paypal your way as soon as I get it set up.
    Thank you! This is my only public offering (for now), so a PayPal payment is appreciated.
    silver,
    the side button has a single click function. In Blazer, it Jumps to and selects the 1st available link. I tried it with KBLO on SD- same response. Its a non-issue because of the shift+side option (good thing we have both options)... just FYI that I noticed today.
    I have the ROM patch, so I don't know if it always did this or if the patch added the function.
    silver,
    the side button has a single click function. In Blazer, it Jumps to and selects the 1st available link. I tried it with KBLO on SD- same response. Its a non-issue because of the shift+side option (good thing we have both options)... just FYI that I noticed today.
    No rom update and mine does that too.
    I wonder if there are any other "un-announced" functions for this button
    P.S. how do you control the temptations of a ROM flash? :-D
    P.S. how do you control the temptations of a ROM flash? :-D
    I really don't know, it not like me to sit something like this out. I guess I am waiting to see if I can do my own (with help) build with Real and Versa taken out and PT and Snapper (fully owned)both)) in their place and get more useable RAM. Also, the "some app have issues with the new ROM" had me leary too. I do it soon, I have been capturing the files as they go up.
    I wonder if there are any other "un-announced" functions for this button
    I still say Ready Link (PTT), it would probably not be able to work when data is being x-ered, hence why said button only seems to work in Blazer, but not anywhere else that PTT would work...
  16.    #156  
    I noticed this use of this button as well last night. I'm not sure how much use it really is to go to the first link on a web page... Is there any real practical use to this that I'm missing? If not, I would think this is a bug rather than intended funtionality. Maybe I should add a checkbox to my upcoming settings screen to disable that function in Blazer.
    it has no benefit, disable it!
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    I noticed this use of this button as well last night. I'm not sure how much use it really is to go to the first link on a web page... Is there any real practical use to this that I'm missing? If not, I would think this is a bug rather than intended funtionality. Maybe I should add a checkbox to my upcoming settings screen to disable that function in Blazer.
    A bug makes more sence, it is kinda useless IMHO.
  19.    #159  
    Here is what I'm thinking to include in version 0.9 which should come out in a week's time:

- Overall Enable/Disable buttons
    - Choices for which keys toggle the kb lights:
    • Double-click side button
    • Shift-Side
    • Use the "Night" key combination to cycle through 4 light states (for screen and keyboard)

The following week I think I'll add an "auto" mode (as opposed to the current "manual" mode). In the auto mode you would be able to choose a timeout period after which the kb lights would be turned off. The lights would come back again if you hit any key and go off after a preset amount of time when you're idle again. The timeout period will be <= the auto-off timeout for the Treo.

I will later add settings for the screen backlight dim and off timeout periods as well. Later I may add auto-off options for Bluetooth and IR port.

Ideas and comments are welcome.
    Last edited by silverado; 12/21/2004 at 04:34 PM.
    silverado, can you set-up a scheduling option to allow KB lights to be on at specified times (night)?

also, when you say auto-off for BT, are you referring to a different program or in relation to KBLightsOff? or are you referring to a BTToggle type of program?
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast