Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Sounds like you havn't read the entire thread. That's all you do to make it work.

This is a Quote from the first post...

- Double clicking the Side button (the one under the volume keys), or

- Holding a shift key down and pressing the side button.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    thanks....thats does it! There was 7 pages of threads, didn't feel like reading all of it. Figured there would be a setup app. Program rocks, however I'm having some reset issues, not sure if this is responsible for it though.

Another Quesion....Does anyone use CardExport II, I've got version 2.16 and it doest seem to work, and haven't heard or seen anything from Softick. HELP!!!
    This is from the first post in the thread:

"Instructions: Install the program and run it once. From that point on, you can toggle the keyboard light in one of two ways:

- Double clicking the Side button (the one under the volume keys), or

- Holding a shift key down and pressing the side button."
    anyone having this problem.. when I turn my phone on, I must hit the side button three times to get kblights to work for the fist time only. but after that I just need to tap it twice to work. also my screen sometimes doesn't turn on when I turn my phone on. anyone els notice the same?
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Burkhardi,

Thank you and the other 8 people who donated!

I guess only 9 out of the 225 people who downloaded it so far found it useful
    I still can't get it to work, so no $ from me. Yes, I've run it once... repeatedly. Yes, I've tried double-clicking the side button. Yes, I've tried Shft+side button. No, it still won't work. There must be something on my Treo that's interfering. I even tried disabling ZLauncher's Quicklaunch (which I'd mapped to the side button) and exiting back to the Palm launcher, all with no luck. Tried mapping to a speed dial button, tried....never mind.
  6.    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by Phone Phreak
    anyone having this problem.. when I turn my phone on, I must hit the side button three times to get kblights to work for the fist time only. but after that I just need to tap it twice to work. also my screen sometimes doesn't turn on when I turn my phone on. anyone els notice the same?
    Yes, this is a known problem. The side button has some oddities in the way the OS reports its use. I think part of the reason is the special use it has for confirming phone volume changes. This basically results in another slight problem where the first click that happens immediately after hitting any other key is ignored, which results in you needing 3 clicks to activate.

I could easily fix this if I was willing to take away the other uses of the key (like the press-and-hold function and confirming the volume change), but I don't want to do that. For now it's an acceptable oddity for me but I'll keep trying to work around it.
  7.    #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by otterman
    I still can't get it to work, so no $ from me. Yes, I've run it once... repeatedly. Yes, I've tried double-clicking the side button. Yes, I've tried Shft+side button. No, it still won't work. There must be something on my Treo that's interfering. I even tried disabling ZLauncher's Quicklaunch (which I'd mapped to the side button) and exiting back to the Palm launcher, all with no luck. Tried mapping to a speed dial button, tried....never mind.
    I haven't heard this reported before, can you give me an idea about what other applications you have running?
    Quote Originally Posted by otterman
    it is OPTION +side button...not shift +side.
  9.    #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Dutch,

You might have an older version than the current one; I had changed it to Shift-Side since it could be easier to do because you had an choice of two shift buttons to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Actually, with the current version (0.6 at the moment) you can use either.
    --
    "I'm too sexy for my code." - Awk Sed Fred
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I don't know how you all do it but I'm glad you do! Cash is in the paypal kitty.
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant
  12.    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by haphazard
    Actually, with the current version (0.6 at the moment) you can use either.
    Actually, this only "looks" like it works because of a problem related to what I talked about in post #128 in this thread. If you hold option for a few moments before you hit the side button, it won't work.
    Great app! Thanks tons!

Jesse
    ---------------
    a grateful donor
    Good app. Worth the $$ that you should've just received, Silverado.

I may not ever turn those keyboard lights on again!
    Silverado,

I've already donated for this great app. Do you still plan on modifying this app to have the settings survive a soft reset?
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Silverado,

I've already donated for this great app. Do you still plan on modifying this app to have the settings survive a soft reset?

He mentioned posting a new version tonight, it looks like it may not be tonight but I am sure it will be soon.

Thanks again Silverado!
    This program will help greatly with mmplayer. Thanks for your hard work.
  18.    #138  
    It's coming up shortly It's currently being tested by a few users.
    Awesome!

Now quit fiddling and have a look at the BT thingy

Seriously though I really appreciate your efforts!
  20.    #140  
    I just posted version 0.8 of this application (I updated the first post with a new attachment). This version has the following new features:

- Highly improved double-click reliability
    - Automatic reactivation after a reset
    - Preserving KB light state between resets

Enjoy!
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast