Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Awesome! Thanks Silverado. This is why I didn't go Symbian!!
    Silverrado, great job and thank you!!!

Moderator, can we please make this thread a sticky???
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by olywogle
    Silverado,

I actually like the double click and shift+Side, however, I have Hi-Launcher assigned for the side button (tap once) and so I can't use the nice features you added. I'd like to just add it as part of a Hi-Launcher option.

If I double tap the side it would go to Hi-Launcher instead of you awesome app.

Did I mention this app you built is awesome? Man talk about a early xmas gift!

-oly
    I see. I may add a few options to the activation screen to decide how to launch it.
    Any chance of making this manageable via YAHM (http://yahm.palmoid.com/)? This would make it show up in the same place as other PalmOS extentions, and would make it easy to disable (without having to delete) for troubleshooting purposes. In addition, YAHM would take care of re-enabling it after a reset.

Either way, thanx for a MOST helpful utility!

<disclaimer>
    I have absolutely NO idea what the above request would entail.
    </disclaimer>
    --
    "I'm too sexy for my code." - Awk Sed Fred
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by haphazard
    Any chance of making this manageable via YAHM (http://yahm.palmoid.com/)? This would make it show up in the same place as other PalmOS extentions, and would make it easy to disable (without having to delete) for troubleshooting purposes. In addition, YAHM would take care of re-enabling it after a reset.

Either way, thanx for a MOST helpful utility!

<disclaimer>
    I have absolutely NO idea what the above request would entail.
    </disclaimer>
    Although that would have some advantages, it would require that people install YAWM if they don't use it already and would add a few steps to the process.

In intend to add a setup screen to enable/disable the feature and make some selections regarding how ot activate it.
  6.    #86  
    I'm thinking of modifying the system's "Night" key stroke (Option-RightShift) such that successive presses would cycle through the lights state as follows:

1. Screen Hi, KB on (initial)
    2. Screen Hi, KB off
    3. Screen Lo, KB off [maybe signal indicator off too here]
    4. Screen Lo, KB on
    repeat

I would still preserve a direct way to turn off the keyboard as well.

The app would then become more of a Treo 650 Lights Manager.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by silverado; 12/12/2004 at 08:59 PM.
    I would like to see just a simple program. that I can turn on or off quickly as needed. is it posible to make the treo read this program like an app so I can assign the mail icon key to it? or maybe 'shift' then a letter key?

thank you so much for this app. palmone should pay you for keeping customers for the. I would probly returned it because of the brite kb.
    oh, is there any way to make a defalt for the screen to go off when making a call? making a late night call on this thing just screams " I got an expensive phone,"
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by Phone Phreak
    oh, is there any way to make a defalt for the screen to go off when making a call? making a late night call on this thing just screams " I got an expensive phone,"
    For this problem you can simply put your phone in Night Mode by hitting Option-RightShift. Starts out dimmed and goes down from there.
    that work for the screen, but still the keyboard lights up my whole face on a call. not good when you don't want to bring a lot of attention to yourself on the street at night. a simple single click to the side button would be great for this.

is it possible to just assign your ap to any button we like?
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    I'm thinking of modifying the system's "Night" key stroke (Option-RightShift) such that successive presses would cycle through the lights state as follows:

1. Screen Hi, KB on (intiial)
    2. Screen Hi, KB off
    4. Screen Lo, KB on
    repeat

Thoughts?

That sounds great to me. Keep up the good work.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by Phone Phreak
    I would like to see just a simple program. that I can turn on or off quickly as needed. is it posible to make the treo read this program like an app so I can assign the mail icon key to it? or maybe 'shift' then a letter key?

thank you so much for this app. palmone should pay you for keeping customers for the. I would probly returned it because of the brite kb.
    Having to run it as a simple program has a lot of overhead and could cause you to lose your place in the current application. When I'm done with this you'll probably be able to assign it to a a choice of keys for toggling.

I guess it is true what they say that there are no small software projects

People are encouraged to donate by PayPal to treoapps@mailcan.com if they find this application useful.
    Heck, I didn't even know there WAS a night mode!! So I have already learned something valuable!

Also, I like the idea of changing the nightmode into a cycle. That would be very helpful.

This reminds me of the wonderful day I found 505light-on for my M505 way back when! I was ecstatic!
    Palms and more Palms till the 700p ruined it for me. Blackberry and now the Pre. Sprint customer since 1994! They had 1 tower in town.
    Awesome app. I changed my "Press + Hold Side button" to launch KB Lights off. I don't use Realplayer much (got an Ipod) and didn't like the Voicedial software (couldn't get it to recognize several names and finally got fed up). This app makes it much easier to look at when using ereader.

2. Screen Hi, KB off
    4. Screen Lo, KB on
    repeat

Thoughts?
    I think that this is a fairly good idea. Combining the keyboard backlight (turn-off) function with the night mode would help to combine two steps together. I actually don't think many folks realize how much you can turn down the Treo650's back light. In combination wihth the option-shift night mode, you can turn the backlight down so that it shines very faintly (as opposed to what you could do with the 600 backlight).

2. Screen Hi, KB off
    4. Screen Lo, KB on
    repeat

Thoughts?
    I like the idea, that's about the jist of my last post. Wouldn't need the timer then.
    THANKS!!

2. Screen Hi, KB off
    4. Screen Lo, KB on
    repeat

Thoughts?
    I will probably keep the current implementation until there is a user interface that allows me to control exaclty what key to pres and what that key does.

For example I would use the interface to customize it to do everything you stated, except skip the 4th phase and not mess with the signal indicator in the third phase. (I already use another program for this)

--TechDude
    You're welcome. I will try to do something like this to improve launching.

Donations are always welcome by paypal at treoapps@mailcan.com.
    Silerado, I've tried donating thru PayPal, but your email comes back as invakid
    Quote Originally Posted by sleibow
    sure you did

j/k I just sent money no prob. did you copy and past and get the period at the end by accident?
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by sleibow
    Strange, I've received donations through this address. Maybe there was a typo?

Thank you for donating!
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast