Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Thanks for your donation!
    You're Welcome!

Sure, I can make all the three methods I've used so far be choosable. The current two plus Option+side.
    Probably isn't needed as much with the genius double click thingy.

Is there a benifit to a double click as apposed to a single quick click? Sometimes I don't push it fast enough.
    Holy $h|+... you have made my day... I was going blind... I read several novels a month on my treo... the new screen res was my primary reason for upgrading...but the keyboard was blinding me...
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    You're Welcome!

Probably isn't needed as much with the genius double click thingy.

Is there a benifit to a double click as apposed to a single quick click? Sometimes I don't push it fast enough.
    Yeah, if I catch the single click alone I'm not able to let the click-and-hold go through. I didn't want to take that away from other uses. I might find a way around that though and go to a single click.
    Yeah, if I catch the single click alone I'm not able to let the click-and-hold go through. I didn't want to take that away from other uses.

Fair enough! I wouldn't want it if it took the hold function away. It's definately better to have the button perform 2 tasks.

I'm sure i'll get used to the double click in no time.

Like the other guy, I read quite often but since getting the 650 it has been.... well lets just say, I less than half like it! This will definately improve my user experience.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Awesome little app! I love the double click all the while keeping the hold for my Pocket Tunes!!!!!

You da man! I am not worthy!
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    This little puppy should be made STICKY!
    I just tried it while running mmplayer in the dark. Helps with contrast.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    This is AWESOME!!! THANK YOU
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    I just tried it while running mmplayer in the dark. Helps with contrast.
    Definitely! This has really improved my movie-watching experience as well.
    I'll get some cabbage heading your way later today via Pay Pal.

I have some ideas, and that is all they are, just food for thought...

Have a preset time on your app, so I could have it keep the KB lights off from 7AM to 7PM and then it would not affect the KB lights from 7PM -7 AM.

Have an option that (if the above is possiable), the that there would be a "movie mode" (aka Extreme Darness mode) where when you hit the opt+right shift to activate the OEM screen dim option, that it dims the KB too, if the KB can be dimmed, is it just off and on, or is there a "off ", "dim" and "on"?

all the time leaving the option to override these settigns with the doubel click of the PTT button (one below the volume)

As I said, just brain storming here...

Thansk for the much need feature!!
    Matt
    Is there any noticeable difference in power consumption?
    Still waiting for my 650.
    They've said that it's only on and off. They mentioned something about updating it in the future, so I guess the hardware supports different levels, but there's no Palm API for it yet.
    Silver,

It doesn't matter, but I thought I would share just in case it makes something else possible.....

If I put the screen in night mode by pushing the opt+Rshift, and then turn off the keyboard light the screen goes back to normal. So it would seem they are somehow connected already.
    Silverado or anyone else that may have it...

Could you do me a big favor and help me by reposting the prc file that didn't have the double click and shift+side? I need the one that, if you ran the prc, it would do the on/off toggle on the spot without the extra features.

Thanks in advance,
    oly

BTW...Silverado...you really know how to brighten someones day by darkening someones device....
    Since its so easy to add double click, and click and hold features, does anyone know of a program to make all the nuttons assignable. IR let me pick combinations of clicks to launch a program or change setting, and so on. this would be indispensible. BTW, soon as I get to the office I plan on adding this to my 650. Thanks Silverado. You da man.
    You guys are having so much fun with the Treo 650. Can't wait to get mines.
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Silver,

It doesn't matter, but I thought I would share just in case it makes something else possible.....

If I put the screen in night mode by pushing the opt+Rshift, and then turn off the keyboard light the screen goes back to normal. So it would seem they are somehow connected already.
    Yes, they are connected. I am thinking of hooking up to the night mode. It's a bit tricky though because you sometimes want the KB lights in the dark and sometimes not. I might come up with a cycling sequence...
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by breitweiser
    Since its so easy to add double click, and click and hold features, does anyone know of a program to make all the nuttons assignable. IR let me pick combinations of clicks to launch a program or change setting, and so on. this would be indispensible. BTW, soon as I get to the office I plan on adding this to my 650. Thanks Silverado. You da man.
    You're welcome.

Double-click is not well-supported by the OS so it's a bit flaky. It works ok with two single clicks of the side button because those simple clicks are not used for anything (only click-and-hold is. That's why I chose to use it this way.
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by olywogle
    Silverado or anyone else that may have it...

Could you do me a big favor and help me by reposting the prc file that didn't have the double click and shift+side? I need the one that, if you ran the prc, it would do the on/off toggle on the spot without the extra features.

Thanks in advance,
    oly

BTW...Silverado...you really know how to brighten someones day by darkening someones device....
    Just curious why you like that version better?

FYI, I will be modifying KB LightsOff to have an activate/deactivate screen and to survive soft resets.
    Silverado,

I actually like the double click and shift+Side, however, I have Hi-Launcher assigned for the side button (tap once) and so I can't use the nice features you added. I'd like to just add it as part of a Hi-Launcher option.

If I double tap the side it would go to Hi-Launcher instead of you awesome app.

Did I mention this app you built is awesome? Man talk about a early xmas gift!

-oly
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast