Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324 LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 461
  1.    #401  
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryE
    Downloaded 1/17
    HANDY!
    Perfect for latenight reading, batt life, etc. It would be better if the key commands worked even though they're not critical. I have Voicelauncher mapped to the side key, so that's out. OPT+ALT brings up the "alt" explanation, with no effect upon KB lights. Auto-OFF works fine, but I must return to the app to get the KB light back ON.
    For Opt+Alt, are you holding down Opt then hitting Alt? Also, are you saying that using the keyboard keys doesn't turn the lights on in auto mode?! What about Shift+Side? This also means holding down Shift and hitting the side button.

    Please let me know as this is the first time I've ever heard of any case where the keys do not function as designed, unless they are taken over by other programs.
    Last edited by silverado; 01/17/2005 at 10:20 AM.
  2. #402  
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryE
    Downloaded 1/17
    HANDY!
    Perfect for latenight reading, batt life, etc. It would be better if the key commands worked even though they're not critical. I have Voicelauncher mapped to the side key, so that's out. OPT+ALT brings up the "alt" explanation, with no effect upon KB lights. Auto-OFF works fine, but I must return to the app to get the KB light back ON.
    I have both Voicelauncher (hold) and KBLights (double-click) using the side key just fine. The only sticking point is Butler's SideKey select does not work. silverado, I've reported this to Rob (confusedvorlorn) of Butler. any ideas on making the side key "sensitive" to whether a hold, single or double click is performed?
  3.    #403  
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    I have both Voicelauncher (hold) and KBLights (double-click) using the side key just fine. The only sticking point is Butler's SideKey select does not work. silverado, I've reported this to Rob (confusedvorlorn) of Butler. any ideas on making the side key "sensitive" to whether a hold, single or double click is performed?
    KB LightsOff doesn't interfere with simple clicks or click and hold, so it should allow any application to use them as they wish. However, if an app uses the simple click, then double click will do two things, which is not desirable. If Butler distinguishes a simple click from shift+click, then you should be able to use shift+click just fine.

    I came up with the double click specifically so that I could leave click-and-hold intact. This way you could get two uses out of the side button; double-click and click-and hold. An app that takes over the simple click basically reduces that button to a single use; the simple click.

    On my Treo 650 I have no app using the the simple click and click-and-hold is assigned to voice dial. This way I'm getting the benefit of the dual use of the side button.
  4. #404  
    I have selected OPT+ALT - KB Lights; the other two are Unused. But when I hold OPT and hit ALT I get the Alt Key explanation "This key lets... " No light.

    AUTO mode works:
    When I hit any key the lights come ON, then die 8 seconds later.
  5.    #405  
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryE
    I have selected OPT+ALT - KB Lights; the other two are Unused. But when I hold OPT and hit ALT I get the Alt Key explanation "This key lets... " No light.

    AUTO mode works:
    When I hit any key the lights come ON, then die 8 seconds later.
    What other programs do you have that might interfer with the normal function of the Treo keys?
  6. #406  
    The opt-alt and shift-side keys don't work for me either. I suspect it's because of TreoGuard, but I don't care enough to have investigated. I just leave it on auto, and that works well enough for me. Although I would like the option of a longer 'on' time in auto mode.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  7.    #407  
    meyerweb,

    I just downloaded and installed TreoGuard. I enabled all the options in the keys and screen sections. I am still able to hold down option and hit the alt key and hold down shift and hit the side key and both work as intended.

    Can you think of any other programs that might be interfering with this?

    PS. The next version will allow you to modify the auto off time for the keyboard.
  8. #408  
    Silverado:

    I'll do dome testing to try to isolate it. I'm a software developer by trade, so I should be able to do some fairly thorough testing. Only thing is I probably won't get to it until the weekend.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  9. #409  
    KB LightsOff keystrokes have quit working completely for me. AutoMode works, but I can't control the lights manually at all, although when I first installed it, the keystrokes worked as intended. No idea why it has quit working. FYI - I use TreoGuard and have tried disabling it and it changes nothing.
  10.    #410  
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJack
    KB LightsOff keystrokes have quit working completely for me. AutoMode works, but I can't control the lights manually at all, although when I first installed it, the keystrokes worked as intended. No idea why it has quit working. FYI - I use TreoGuard and have tried disabling it and it changes nothing.
    What other software have you installed in the interim? Any effect if you start the program and try to change the key settings?
  11. #411  
    I think I've figured it out. It's Butler. If I select the option "Side Key = Select" in the "Vol Btns" tab of Butler, it disables the KB Lights keystrokes that use the side button. Neither Dbl-click Side or Shift+Side work when this is enabled. But Option+Alt does work. I suspect that option didn't work for myself and some others is because it is defaulted to "Auto Mode" and you have to set it to "KB Lights". I changed it to KB Lights and it now works, but the other two options with the side key do not work. If I disable the Butler side key, everything works as it should.
  12.    #412  
    Thanks for tracking this down, EvilJack! I'm hoping Butler will changed to at allow Shift-Side to pass through, since it doesn't do anything with it.
  13. #413  
    OK I just purchased KBlights because the 30 day trial ran out. Now, silvarado, you are on the hook for customer support for my $5.50.

    The first upgrade I would like would be able to keep the screen from going to sleep all of the time, or at least longer time inervals like 30 min.

    Then support for keyboard dimming would be nice, how about changing colors and making every key a different color, and flashing like for Christmas, and singing!
  14.    #414  
    That's it?! Boy I'm getting off easy!
  15. #415  
    I was on the phone last night.. My keyboard light wouldn't go off. Turned out my trial was up. Paid tonight for the software..
  16.    #416  
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisW
    I was on the phone last night.. My keyboard light wouldn't go off. Turned out my trial was up. Paid tonight for the software..
    And you received your registration information shortly after that, right? If not, please make sure it wasn't blocked by an email filter. It comes from kblights [at] lilapps [dot] com.
  17. #417  
    Me too, great stuff, Thanks!
    Christo

    "it's not the quantity, but the quality"

    There are NO Limits
  18. aldamon's Avatar
    Posts
    650 Posts
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    #418  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Yes, tying the kb lights with screen dimming has come up many times and I'm trying to find a good way to do that. This is an interesting suggestion and I'll keep it in mind.
    Another vote for screen dimming It just makes sense.
  19. #419  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    I wrote a program that allows you to control keyboard lights on the 650. The keyboard lights can be turned off either automatically, when the keyboard is inactive, or manually as desired.

    Edited 1/3/2005
    The latest version is 1.0 and it adds the following:
    - Improved UI.
    - Added ability to turn Auto Mode on and off using a keystroke without starting the application.
    - Added new keystroke Option+Alt.
    - All keystrokes can now be configured to toggle either the keyboard lights or auto mode.
    - Added support for registration.

    You can download the latest versions of this program at www.lilapps.com. The program is available for a 30-day free trial and can be registered at the website after that.

    Sliverado,

    I'm using Zlauncher and my icons are setup to small icons. However, KBlights doesn't have a small (low res) icon. Could we get a small icon for KBlights?

    Thanks,

    Al
  20.    #420  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Sliverado,

    I'm using Zlauncher and my icons are setup to small icons. However, KBlights doesn't have a small (low res) icon. Could we get a small icon for KBlights?

    Thanks,

    Al
    Funny you should ask... I've actually added a small icon in the upcoming version I'll probably have it ready for beta testing by the end of this week.

    While I'm at it, if anyone is interested in beta testing it, please let me know.

Posting Permissions