Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324 LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 461
  1. #381  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-maniac
    How about turning it on and off fast (greater than 50 times a second) with pulse width modulation to adjust the dim.

    Of course this might mess up processor functionality, unless one could do this without an interrupt.
    Oh yeah, I'm sure this will make the Treo even more stable than it is today!!!!!
  2.    #382  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-maniac
    How about turning it on and off fast (greater than 50 times a second) with pulse width modulation to adjust the dim.

    Of course this might mess up processor functionality, unless one could do this without an interrupt.


    Well, even if the hardware components could do this, it is the kind of scheme that should be implemented at a very low level close to the hardware, not as a Palm OS application.
  3.    #383  
    This is a reminder to those who donated to KB LightsOff early development to get your free registration key by emailing me your HotSync IDs at registration@lilapps.com. Most of you have responded to my email but a few remain and I don't want you to get inconvenienced with expiration.

    Thanks again.
  4. #384  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    This is a reminder to those who donated to KB LightsOff early development to get your free registration key by emailing me your HotSync IDs at registration@lilapps.com. Most of you have responded to my email but a few remain and I don't want you to get inconvenienced with expiration.

    Thanks again.
    Silverado - have you started sending out reg codes? I sent you an e-mail on 4 Jan, but if I've received it, my spam filters must've trashed your reply.
  5. #385  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-maniac
    How about turning it on and off fast (greater than 50 times a second) with pulse width modulation to adjust the dim.

    Of course this might mess up processor functionality, unless one could do this without an interrupt.
    while i think this is not possible with the hardware- that is actually what Ford Motor Co. did with the new Mustang- you can adjust the color of the gauge backlights and it's controlled by 3 color leds that use pulse width modulation... they claimed that it's impossible to regulate the brightness on leds- somehow my $90 headlamp by Petzl does it without modulation... silly Ford...
    i do think it would've been nice if Palm had thought to allow the kb to be dimmer- maybe they were reading the same books ford did...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
  6. #386  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Making the hard keys turn on the lights is easy to do. If there is enough interest in it I can add an option for that.
    Silverado -

    If you're counting, count me in for this functionality. It'd probably work best if that were a user-selectable option.

    tdh
  7. #387  
    Quote Originally Posted by tdhood
    Silverado -

    If you're counting, count me in for this functionality. It'd probably work best if that were a user-selectable option.

    tdh
    I'd love to have the hard keys turn the lights back on. I'd also love it if touching the screen would do it.
  8. #388  
    If you add the hard keys to turn KB lights on please add it as a adjustment on the app. So you can turn that feature on or off if you dont like it.
  9. #389  
    Great app! I've been trying it out for the last couple of days and will register it sometime today. But since we're offering suggestions, how hard would it be to make the timeout, in auto mode, user adjustable. The 8 sec time period seems a little too short for me (and I'm sure it seems to long to some <g>).

    Thanks for producing a badly needed app. I can't believe Palm removed this functionality, which was in the 600, from the 650. Sometimes, Palm doesn't seem to have a clue.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  10.    #390  
    Seems that there is some consensus on the making the hardware keys turn the lights on as an option. I will add this to the app.

    Any more votes for the configurable auto-off delay?

    Adding options is easy, but IMHO better done conservatively for an app of this kind which is accessible in the background. My most important goal is to minimize the likelihood of conflicts and resets!
  11. #391  
    Configurable auto-off sounds good
  12.    #392  
    Question re making the hardware and the 5-way nav turn the kb lights on. This would mean that the lights will be on all the time if you are browsing the web and using the 5-way to move around or if you are reading an eBook and not using auto scroll. Is this really desirable?
  13. #393  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Any more votes for the configurable auto-off delay?
    My $0.02: While I can see why others want this, it is something I wouldn't use. The 8 seconds is about right for my tastes.

    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Question re making the hardware and the 5-way nav turn the kb lights on. This would mean that the lights will be on all the time if you are browsing the web and using the 5-way to move around or if you are reading an eBook and not using auto scroll. Is this really desirable?
    For the way I use my T650, this is fine. When I'm browsing, I'm ususally using the keyboard, anyway & can't seem to find the backspace by touch. I'm not an e-book reader, so that point's moot.

    tdh
  14. #394  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Seems that there is some consensus on the making the hardware keys turn the lights on as an option. I will add this to the app.

    Any more votes for the configurable auto-off delay?

    Adding options is easy, but IMHO better done conservatively for an app of this kind which is accessible in the background. My most important goal is to minimize the likelihood of conflicts and resets!
    Silverado, I would def like to have a more configurable auto-off delay. 8 seconds is a pretty good compromise, but there are times when I would like more of a delay before the keyboard light goes off.

    Regarding "making the hardware keys turn the lights on as an option," if you do this please make it an option as the keyboard lights would then be on an awful lot. I also completely agree with your priority of minimizing the likelihood of conflicts and resets. Thanks for a well thought out utility.
  15. #395  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Question re making the hardware and the 5-way nav turn the kb lights on. This would mean that the lights will be on all the time if you are browsing the web and using the 5-way to move around or if you are reading an eBook and not using auto scroll. Is this really desirable?
    How about making this part of the functionality something that we can assign one of the key combinations to and toggle on and off? There may be some times when we want the hard buttons to ignore it, other times we want it to work.
  16. #396  
    silverado, were you ever able to reproduce the ePocrates, Auto Mode "bug" i reported to you? i've now noticed it in another instance: incoming phone calls can sometimes also activate the Auto Mode...
  17.    #397  
    Acousticbiker,

    I used ePocrates for a couple of days, assigned it to the 3rd hw key as you did and started it with that key numerous times but haven't been able to reproduce this. I also haven't seen a case where an incoming phone call turns the lights on.

    Can you try to not have any keystrokes assinged to toggle the auto mode and see if you still have the ePocrates issue?
  18. #398  
    Silverado,

    I think this has been asked before, but can't remember the answer. How about having the option of dimming the screen whenever the keyboard light is turned on? I know you can't dim the keyboard, but the Option-uparrow dims the screen and I for one would like to see these two features tied together.
  19.    #399  
    Quote Originally Posted by markinbright
    Silverado,

    I think this has been asked before, but can't remember the answer. How about having the option of dimming the screen whenever the keyboard light is turned on? I know you can't dim the keyboard, but the Option-uparrow dims the screen and I for one would like to see these two features tied together.
    Yes, tying the kb lights with screen dimming has come up many times and I'm trying to find a good way to do that. This is an interesting suggestion and I'll keep it in mind.
  20. #400  
    Downloaded 1/17
    HANDY!
    Perfect for latenight reading, batt life, etc. It would be better if the key commands worked even though they're not critical. I have Voicelauncher mapped to the side key, so that's out. OPT+ALT brings up the "alt" explanation, with no effect upon KB lights. Auto-OFF works fine, but I must return to the app to get the KB light back ON.

Posting Permissions