Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    I have it in the hilauncher main menu so I access it from anywhere.
    nice! so do I. Hi launcher is indespensable. I toggle bluetooth, beam, network, soft reset. It launches time & date as well. I don't thin k most peoiple know what you all can do with it!

Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I have it in the hilauncher main menu so I access it from anywhere.
    I mapped to side button. The problem with mapping is that if you are in an app that is brought over thru Powerrun or Zlauncher, it kicks you out of the app you were using. Does this happen with Hilauncher?
    Great little app. I know everyone has their own little configuration quirks they want served, but I'm just going to throw my request in on: I love using the side button. What would be great is if de-activating the keybaord light also dimmed the screen (basically hitting the black button combined with the up-arrow key).

Then one button does it all for day/night transitions. where do I donate a few $$?
    sxtg...no it doesn't (hilauncher). you should check it out. super app!!!!
    markinbright...that's a great idea!
    OK, last one I promise. How about the ability to have the Treo default to keyboard light off? Most of the time you don't need the light, especially since they're so easy to see now.
    Man, having the lights off makes watching movies on 650 much much more enjoyable!

Thanks, silverado!!!!!!!!
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by markinbright
    Great little app. I know everyone has their own little configuration quirks they want served, but I'm just going to throw my request in on: I love using the side button. What would be great is if de-activating the keybaord light also dimmed the screen (basically hitting the black button combined with the up-arrow key).

Then one button does it all for day/night transitions. where do I donate a few $$?
    Thanks everyone for the good ideas. I was thinking I should tie it in with brightness somehow. This is a good way to do that. Another thought I had is to turn the keyboard off when you bring your brightness below a certain level. The level would be user-specified in KB LightsOff.

Oh, and donations are welcome by PayPal to treoapps@mailcan.com.
    Last edited by silverado; 12/12/2004 at 12:47 PM.
    Anybody tried it on a T600, or heard of a similar app for same?
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    check out "brightcam" for the treo 600. look for the latest in the downloads at www.mytreo.net. You can set it to automatically adjust brightness of screen and keyboard according to light levels as measured from the camera. Great app but not compatible with the 650 yet.
    Dutch,
    I am trying HiLauncher and it does the same thing. If I am in an app that normally resides on SD but I am running thru Powrrun, the KBL app functions but I am dumped back to the Home screen. It exits my current app and doesn't reload it.

Am I doing something wrong?
    hmmm....I'm using zlauncher. If I launch bonsai which Z has put on the card and select kb lights from the hilauncher menu the screen blanks, keyboard lights toggle and bonsai screen comes back. I tried it with launching the stored app with zlauncher and hilauncher.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    nice app but personally, i like the warming glowing warming glow of the keyboard still i got it for those times when i might be in a place where change of run by theft is high and i dont want to send a beacon out to the masses ^_^

about zlauncher.. now that the center button brings up the dialog box... how the heck do u get quicklauncher to pop up cuz id rather just pop this thing in quicklauncher but havent been able to get it going without dialog box poppin up first!
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad
    Anybody tried it on a T600, or heard of a similar app for same?
    It's not compatible with the 600. BrightCam is a good choice on the 600.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Thanks everyone for the good ideas. I was thinking I should tie it in with brightness somehow. This is a good way to do that. Another thought I had is to turn the keyboard off when you bring your brightness below a certain level. The level would be user-specified in KB LightsOff.

Oh, and donations are welcome by PayPal to alansari@mailcan.com.
    I've been looking for a way to turn the lights off. Thanks for the great app.

One suggestion though... if you're turning the brightness DOWN then it's probably because you're in a dark area and you don't need the screen blinding you. But if you're in the dark then you may want the keyboard lights ON to help you see them.

It may be worth while to add a feature that's lets the user determin what the default status is (keybaord lights on or off) and then just have an option to reverse that setting when you dim the screen.

Thanks again,
    TechDude
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Dutch,
    I am trying HiLauncher and it does the same thing. If I am in an app that normally resides on SD but I am running thru Powrrun, the KBL app functions but I am dumped back to the Home screen. It exits my current app and doesn't reload it.

Am I doing something wrong?
    I just created a new version that should keep you in the same app when changing the light status using a hardware button. The app's status may get re-initialized in the process though. I will improve on that later.

Let me know how this works for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    hmmm....I'm using zlauncher. If I launch bonsai which Z has put on the card and select kb lights from the hilauncher menu the screen blanks, keyboard lights toggle and bonsai screen comes back. I tried it with launching the stored app with zlauncher and hilauncher.

I just reloaded Z and it works like you said. #$^*&(@^ I already paid for PRPRPR
    spread the wealth
    did you see siverado's post...he's posted a new version to address this.

thanks silver!
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast