Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Can you enter ##377# on the phone screen after a reset and tell me what it says? Thanks.
    It's happening to me too, but only if I set one of the keys to "Unused."

Otherwise no problems.

I'll look for hacks and disable them to see if that makes a difference.

Dave
    Dave
  2.    #342  
    Quote Originally Posted by dacloutier
    It's happening to me too, but only if I set one of the keys to "Unused."

Otherwise no problems.

I'll look for hacks and disable them to see if that makes a difference.

Dave
    Got it! I created version 1.01 that fixes this problem! Please grab it from www.lilapps.com.
    Last edited by silverado; 01/08/2005 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Pointed to the website for the latest version
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Works much better! Thanks for the quick response!
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    FYI...this has been corrected with version 1.01. Look for it in the other KBLightsOff thread in this forum.
    Awesome! You ROCK Silverado!
    Dave
    Silver,

any chance you could post a non-zipped version on your site? I don't use a zip app on my 650 and I prefer to just download directly from blazer when possible.

thx

Rob
    Last edited by Homie; 01/03/2005 at 09:22 PM.
    Much better. No more crashing.

Now just add an Info panel on the new GUI explaining what it means and I and others will be happy as it is not intuitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by SofTTware
    Much better. No more crashing.

Now just add an Info panel on the new GUI explaining what it means and I and others will be happy as it is not intuitive.
    WTF??
    Dooode they're keyboard lights.... They are ON or they are NOT.
    PFS!
    Quote Originally Posted by perry_rob
    Silver,

any chance you could post a non-zipped version on your site? I don't use a zip app on my 650 and I prefer to just download directly from blazer when possible.

thx

Rob
    Why not just unzip on your pc and email it to yourself?
    Smooth

Last edited by perry_rob : Today at 10:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by perry_rob
    Silver,

thx

Rob
    Grab a copy of HandZipper Lite (freeware). This will allow you to download Zip files & install any PRC's & PDB's contained in the Zip archive directly from Blazer. A bargain at twice the price.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    You can also unzip files on your Treo with VersaMail's built-in unzip'er if you have an SD card. Nice instructions posted here:
    http://www.palmloyal.com/new/content/view/112/31/1/0/
  13.    #353  
    I added the PRC file at http://www.lilapps.com/KBLightsOff.prc . I will update this in sync with the zip file.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger
    Smooth

Last edited by perry_rob : Today at 10:22 PM.

That was what the ;-) was for.
    Silverado,

The program works for me, with one problem: enabling KBLights causes a beep every time the side button is pressed. Is it possible to kill this beep?
    Regards,

Robert
  16.    #356  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbienstock
    Silverado,

The program works for me, with one problem: enabling KBLights causes a beep every time the side button is pressed. Is it possible to kill this beep?
    The program produces one of two different tones when you use the auto mode toggle keystroke to inform the user whether he/she has set Auto mode on and off. No tones are produced when you toggle the lights. Are these the beeps you're referring to? If so, would you prefer no indication? The problem with that would be potentially not knowing whether you turned auto mode on or off.
    I like the audio indicator for the auto mode.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I bluetooth synced the 1.01 version from the new site. Now I have a serious reset loop problem. This was the only new piece of software I was installing. I've been stable for a while. Time ot suck it up and do a hard reset. I've managed to stayaway from this since I got the unit in Nov. I don't know that it is the KBlights program causing this or just the sh!ty hotsync soft reset problem getting worse. I sure wish Palm would hurry up with the patch so we can eliminate some of THEIR bugs and make it easier to identify 3rd party app problems.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
  19.    #359  
    mg48,

This is odd. I haven't heard of this problem so it may be a hotsync isse. You might not need a hard reset, though. Can you try a soft reset while holding the Up direction on the 5-way nav? You could then get in and delete what you think is the offending application. You can try to delete KBLO and see if that does any good. Please let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    The program produces one of two different tones when you use the auto mode toggle keystroke to inform the user whether he/she has set Auto mode on and off. No tones are produced when you toggle the lights. Are these the beeps you're referring to? If so, would you prefer no indication? The problem with that would be potentially not knowing whether you turned auto mode on or off.
    No, this isn't the problem, but I managed to find out what the problem is: I use LauncherX as a substitute for the stock application launcher. I spend most of my time in this app. When you press the side button and LauncherX is active, you get this beep. When any other application, you get no beeps. When I thought that KB LightsOff was triggering the beep, it was merely a conicidence that when I used the launcher to access KBLO to enable it, I exited KBLO by running LauncherX, which caused the beep when I tested it, but when I disabled KBLO, I tested it from within KBLO, so no beep. It turns out that the problem is wholly within LauncherX. Sorry for causing this confusion.
    Regards,

Robert