Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Silverado - LightsOff is my favorite program for my 650 - worth any price. The keyboard lights were driving me nuts. Love the new features - especially the 8 sec lights off. One thing I noticed - when the keyboard lights go out - it turns off the night setting and the screen backlight returns to daytime brightness. Think you can fix this?
  2.    #322  
    Quote Originally Posted by mshaw1515
    Silverado - LightsOff is my favorite program for my 650 - worth any price. The keyboard lights were driving me nuts. Love the new features - especially the 8 sec lights off. One thing I noticed - when the keyboard lights go out - it turns off the night setting and the screen backlight returns to daytime brightness. Think you can fix this?
    Thank you!

There is a bug in the OS that causing the behavior you're describing. I am planning a workaround fix but it's not quite straightforward.
  3.    #323  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    It would be nice if the key combination was configurable. By the way, the "alt" key you mention is the one I use to bring up zlaunchers quicklaunch list.
    I'm adding a bit more configurability on the toggle keys. Monitoring some keys is much easier on the system than others, and I have been very careful in my key choices not to slow down the Treo or cause potential conflicts and resets. So I don't expect to add a ton of options for keys if it could be at all avoided. It would be easy to program, but not a good idea.
  4.    #324  
    I just uploaded version 1.0 to www.lilapps.com.

Here is what's new:

- Improved UI.
    - Added ability to turn Auto Mode on and off using a keystroke without starting the application (see below).
    - Added new keystroke Option+Alt.
    - All keystrokes can now be configured to toggle either the keyboard lights or auto mode.
    - Added support for registration.
    Last edited by silverado; 01/08/2005 at 11:08 AM.
  5.    #325  
    If you contributed any amount to the development process, you will get free registration. Please send an email to registration@lilapps.com with your Hotsync ID and the email address you used when paying via PayPal.

Thank you!
    Very cool Silverado. I am very impressed with the app and look forward to buying it.
    Thanks for all your hard work.
    ~'kito
    So does this work with Butler now?
    Paid with paypal TY.
  9.    #329  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    So does this work with Butler now?
    I'm not aware of any conflicts with Butler.
    ok so i have a ? i have it set on auto mode... not with toggle keys i have dbl click set to KB lights and i have shift side on auto mode. if i have auto mode on. Shouldnt kb lights stay on if i have the toggle button set to kb light ?

I would like it to be automaticly auto off after 8 seconds. but if i dbl click the side button id like it to stay on until i turn it off by dbl clicking again.
  11.    #331  
    Quote Originally Posted by michael82574
    ok so i have a ? i have it set on auto mode... not with toggle keys i have dbl click set to KB lights and i have shift side on auto mode. if i have auto mode on. Shouldnt kb lights stay on if i have the toggle button set to kb light ?

I would like it to be automaticly auto off after 8 seconds. but if i dbl click the side button id like it to stay on until i turn it off by dbl clicking again.
    In auto mode, the KB lights will always go off after 8 seconds. If you want to stay in always-on or always off mode, you simply need to toggle the auto mode off by using they keystroke you assigned.
    Suggest to everyone that they carefully evaluate the 1.0 version that the author has posted on his web site today as it consistently crashed my otherwise very generic Treo 650 when I tried to configure it and enable the lights from the side button. After three times, I went back to the 0.92 version which has been working fine. I didn't sign up to beta test his software AND pay for it!

Maybe more thorough beta testing should have been done with this new version as opposed to what appears to be a rush to add features and start charging for this. Just my $0.02. Cheers.
  13.    #333  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    love thw app silver...but..
    I use my side button to bring up my zlauncher quicklaunch list... now I am unable to manually use the side button to toggle keyboard lights w/either double press or w/option & side button. it wouls be nicw to choose your own key to activate....like hold alt key I never use.
    I've added a new keystroke, Option-Alt. All three keystrokes can now be assigned to toggle the keyboard lights or Auto mode on and off. Each can also be disabled. Let me know how this works for you.
    C'mon now, don't get upset.

He's just following PalmOne's lead...

(sorry, could not resist)
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    I'm not aware of any conflicts with Butler.
    I guess the option-alt method gets around the conflict with Butler when it too is looking to accept input from the side button (it makes the side button equivalent to the center button).
    same issue here, I switched back to .92
    Treoing & Loving it
  17.    #337  
    Quote Originally Posted by SofTTware
    Suggest to everyone that they carefully evaluate the 1.0 version that the author has posted on his web site today as it consistently crashed my otherwise very generic Treo 650 when I tried to configure it and enable the lights from the side button. After three times, I went back to the 0.92 version which has been working fine. I didn't sign up to beta test his software AND pay for it!

Maybe more thorough beta testing should have been done with this new version as opposed to what appears to be a rush to add features and start charging for this. Just my $0.02. Cheers.
    There has been no rush, I've been on the same pace as before and used the same beta testers for the same amount of time. The terms of use have not changed because of 1.0 and no payment is required for 0.92 just as 1.0. I should remind you that noone's version can expire before at least Jan 15.

Now, with that out of the way, I'd be happy to address the problem if you give me some information on your "generic" Treo 650. For example, what applications are installed on your device?
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I am getting soft resets with the new KBLightsOff 1.0 application. There are others in this forum (Treo Hardware) that have had the problem as well. I could start the application up, but if I tried to go back into KBLightsOff after that, soft reset.
  19.    #339  
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc
    I am getting soft resets with the new KBLightsOff 1.0 application. There are others in this forum (Treo Hardware) that have had the problem as well. I could start the application up, but if I tried to go back into KBLightsOff after that, soft reset.
    Can you enter ##377# on the phone screen after a reset and tell me what it says? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    A reset was caused on 1/3/05 at 4:18pm while running "KBLightsOff"

Fatal Exception