Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Silverado,
    I like the new beta version, I like the auto off after 8 secs I think it is very useful.
    I also like the non-disclosure statement on your site
    Treoing & Loving it
  2.    #262  
    gt5l,

Glad to hear it
    Im sticking with 0.8 since it is PERFECT for what I need. I have found that 90% of the time, no matter what the conditions, I prefer to have the KB light off. So just a quick toggle the few times I want it on, then back off again.
  4.    #264  
    midmofan,

The newer versions will still allow you to use only the manual mode while giving you additional control over enabling the software, whether to activate after reset, etc.
    silverado;

After further testing on my soft reset problem, I found out it was that SeaTraffic causes a soft reset when Bluetooth is on, and SeaTraffic is run from RAM. I moved SeaTraffic to my SD card, and now it works with both KBLights and Bluetooth active. The latest version is GREAT with the auto-off function!! Keep up the good work!
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    Im sticking with 0.8 since it is PERFECT for what I need. I have found that 90% of the time, no matter what the conditions, I prefer to have the KB light off. So just a quick toggle the few times I want it on, then back off again.

Same here.
    Silverado, is it possible for registered users you can make a watermarked "commercial" version of the code to use in ROM etc? So no registration code is needed? And if it does leak out, it's marked and you'll know who did it...

Just a thought. I hate to see good programs crippled with registration codes.
  8.    #268  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Silverado, is it possible for registered users you can make a watermarked "commercial" version of the code to use in ROM etc? So no registration code is needed? And if it does leak out, it's marked and you'll know who did it...

Just a thought. I hate to see good programs crippled with registration codes.
    Interesting idea... but unfortunately the small developer is not equipped to try to track versions. I also think this kind of tracking brings out questions of privacy and I want to stay clear of that.

I know registration codes are a headache, but they seem to be a necessity today. I have a whole bunch of them and I keep them around by keeping the email messages that contain them. The registration version will be installable in ROM without any problems, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    Same here. I just need to be able to toggle the light and I don't want my Treo to spend its precious resources to count down etc.

I hope I'll be able to register V0.8 for a buck or two. I just don't want anything more than the V0.8. I'd rather see this program getting smaller and more efficient other than seeing it bigger.

Ideally, as someone already suggested, two versions: one for free and one for $5 or 10 for the bells and whistals. The free version will make those of us happy, who found surprisingly the non-disclosed timer in V0.8.
  10.    #270  
    The program is not getting slower. If you disable auto mode, it does exactly what .8 did. Even in auto mode, it's not really counting down.
  11.    #271  
    Also, the biggest part of the program now is the icon, .8 didn't have one. That's why it got a little bigger.
  12.    #272  
    Version 0.9.2 has been upgraded to stable. I encourage upgrading to it because it is much improved and gives better control.
    Any difference betweeen the other 0.9.2? and the other one i DLed the other day?
    Nice Gallardo Michael, 04'?
  15.    #275  
    Quote Originally Posted by michael82574
    Any difference betweeen the other 0.9.2? and the other one i DLed the other day?
    I had classified 0.9.2 as beta and it now should be considered stable. So the answer is no, all v 0.9.2's are the same
    Last edited by silverado; 12/28/2004 at 01:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael355
    Nice Gallardo Michael, 04'?
    Its 03' Murcielago... Thank's Its my friend's car. Im waiting for the new convertable Gallardo. Hopefully it will be at the Detroit Auto Show in a few weeks.
    Don't know how the "doorsup" didn't give it away, nice though , I think the convertable Gallardo isn't due til Jan 06'. This one is my baby.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ok you two... Nuff of the car talk... Your making the us all look poor... Besides, mine could beat yours anyday! (I hack cars like I hack Treo's)
    Shadowmite, does that mean we can just go to your website and download a nice car?
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    I had classified 0.9.2 as beta and it now should be considered stable. So the answer is no, all v 0.9.2's are the same
    I'm using 0.92 and it is quite stable. However, there is one thing I'm wondering about. In the prior version I was using, after a reset, "KB Lights Off" would keep the light off after a reset (I had it set to keep the lights off). On this newer version it seems like the lights automatically come on after a reset (even if I had them off before the reset). The utility is enabled after a reset because I can simply double click the side key and the lights go back off and all is well. It's a small thing but I'm wondering if this is an actual change or if I am just imagining this?