Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    Like to cause trouble much?
    Quote Originally Posted by Markito
    Like to cause trouble much?
    Where you directing that towards me? I hope not...
    silverado, not to feed the tigers, but I for one really appreciate what you're doing and don't have a problem with you charging for it if that's what you decide. If I find it useful, and if I think the price is reasonable, I'll buy it. If not, I won't. There really shouldn't be any more to it....

Thanks,
    -Brian
  4.    #244  
    Quote Originally Posted by michael82574
    I gotta ? Since i have v0.8 and its a 30 day trial if i want to wait for the new one to become stable but my 30 days runs out will i get another 30 day trial for the new one after it becomes stable?
    There will be one 30-day trial period. I expect the new version to be labeled stable in a couple of days. It is really pretty stable but I'm trying to be extra cautious.
    Hey Michael, nice car (avatar)... nice phone... I'm surprised you have the time to be so concerned over the price/availability of this little app.

(The rest of this post is for everyone who was whining about the expiration/price. I'm not trying to single Michael out here... )

I made a donation to silverado as soon as he made the double tap of the side button more dependable. Everything else he adds from this point on is just gravy to me.

I find comfort in the fact that I don't have to worry about the price or expiration. If the price/availability is causing you that much frustration, maybe you should go ahead and donate your dollar or two so that you don't have to worry about it either. (He said that those of us who have donated get a license regardless of the price right?)

I mean if you can afford a $600 phone (or even $300+) what's $2 - $5 to ya? You don't buy a lamborghini if you can't afford the insurance, tires, or gas right?

--TechDude
    LOL I wasn't complaining about the price I didn't even flinch at it. I was playing devils advocate. I have always said I didn't mind donating. It was just principal. I wasn't even the person who started to complain. Look back at all my posts I have never once said I wouldn't pay for the app. I even asked in one of my posts where I can pay for my reg code. He said it wasnt set up yet.

I really like the app. I was at the movies last night and wished I had it. I was lighting up the whole theater. LOL
    Silver,
    Is the "latest Beta" different from the 0.92?
    Look back at all my posts I have never once said I wouldn't pay for the app. I even asked in one of my posts where I can pay for my reg code. He said it wasnt set up yet.
    I know you never said you wouldn't pay for it... That's why I'm saying just go ahead and donate now instead of waiting. That way you don't have to worry about weather or not your .8, .92, or 1.01 or whatever version is going to expire or not.

Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Donations are always welcome by paypal at treoapps@mailcan.com
    --TechDude
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Silver,
    Why do you care?
    I just had to LOL sorry...
  10.    #250  
    Silver,
    No, it's not different, they are the same file.
    I just had to LOL sorry...
    I care because I like the app and have already paid. I asked why you care because you keep complaining about it. It would seem if something gave you so much greif, you would just walk away and forget about it.

In fact... Can I donate a couple bucks to have you quit worrying yourself about the integrity of silverado and the intentions of this app? That would be money well spent IMHO
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Long time listener, first time caller...

Silverado,

I think what a few people are upset about is NOT the fact that you are now charging, but the fact that everyone thought that version .8 was still free, when in reality it's not. It's the fact that there's a timer in it that was never disclosed that has some in a tizzy. I am not going to condemn you for it, though I would suggest that it might not have been a very "nice" thing to do. My opinion (just that, an opinion), is that you should have released .8 without the timer, then said the next version will have a lot more features and will cost $X. I bet you wouldn't have a single person questioning your motives. Do you have the right to profit from such a fine job? Of course! It was just the lack of disclosure on the expiration of the app that causes the issue. I'm not happy just because I now have to redo my custom ROM.

BTW, will I be able to include the registered version of KBLightsOff in my custom ROM image? I surely hope so...
    I care because I like the app and have already paid. I asked why you care because you keep complaining about it. It would seem if something gave you so much greif, you would just walk away and forget about it.

In fact... Can I donate a couple bucks to have you quit worrying yourself about the integrity of silverado and the intentions of this app? That would be money well spent IMHO
    Sure if you would like to donate for me I wouldn't mind Go for it, put your money where your mouth is... Silverado He is saying he wants to donate on my behalf... Feel free to send me a code when you get it all togather.
    Sure if you would like to donate for me I wouldn't mind Go for it, put your money where your mouth is... Silverado He is saying he wants to donate on my behalf... Feel free to send me a code when you get it all togather.
    I am saying I would to donate a couple bucks to you for you to shut up and forget you ever heard of this app
    Ok donate a few $'s and ill shut up...
    LOL I wasn't complaining about the price I didn't even flinch at it. I was playing devils advocate. I have always said I didn't mind donating. It was just principal.
    Curious... If I decide to go ahead and donate for you...
    Just how much is your principle worth?
    Last edited by sxtg; 12/27/2004 at 12:25 PM.
    Curious... If I decide to go ahead and donate for you...
    Just how much is your principal worth?
    As DR. Evil says " 1 million dollars!!! mwuaaahhahahaha "
    LOL anyhow its been fun my friend. At least you have a good sense of humor. Good laughs for tonight. Have a great night!
    You too! Oh... & don't forget to give Silver some well deserved $
    Let me reiterate, I have been using kblightsoff since the beginning. It is a great app, I love it, and I wish P1 had the same foresight to create such a neat and useful app. The original version worked fine for me, not a single problem and it does not have a timer. Silverado came up with a new version; I downloaded while keeping the old one thinking that I might not like all the bells and whistles in the .8 version. I discovered yesterday that the .8 version has a timer and I did not like not knowing about it. My reservation is well stated by our dear colleague below.
    This is my last post commenting on this issue, enough already. I think we have expressed our point and silverado understands them. Let us move on.

Quote Originally Posted by bwillet
    Long time listener, first time caller...
    ...should have released .8 without the timer, then said the next version will have a lot more features and will cost $X. I bet you wouldn't have a single person questioning your motives. ... It was just the lack of disclosure on the expiration of the app that causes the issue...
    Treoing & Loving it
  20.    #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by bwillet
    I bet you wouldn't have a single person questioning your motives. Do you have the right to profit from such a fine job? Of course! It was just the lack of disclosure on the expiration of the app that causes the issue. I'm not happy just because I now have to redo my custom ROM.

BTW, will I be able to include the registered version of KBLightsOff in my custom ROM image? I surely hope so...
    bwillet,

My "non-disclosure" was due to the fact that I didn't know exactly what to disclose at the time. I hadn't decided I was going to charge for it yet. All I knew is that I was spending more time on this than I had planned. Since my only commitment was to those who found value enough to contribute, I didn't see a problem with making the change with my every intention being to register them for free if I had decided to charge money by then.

I'm sorry about your custom ROM. I wouldn't have thought people would place 0.8 software in ROM since it is clearly not thought of as complete by the author. However, the PalmOS allows you to install a newer version in RAM and that version would be the one that runs. Since this app will remain pretty small, I don't think you have a strong need to put it in ROM again. But should you decide to do that, it will support registration from ROM just fine.