Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
  1.    #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by Phone Phreak
    isn't the point not to lighten up. i like my treo dark. but still, if he really ment for us to have a simple free app from hin generosity, then why isn't the first simple app posted for download?
    Because the first simple app has some now-obvious shortcomings and it would look VERY petty for me to say "take this crappy thing for free, but if you want one that works better, you need to pay me".

If you have any doubt that I posted a free app to begin with, check with gt5l who has it.
    well regarding who wanted to buy the app. there was one glitch i was waiting to see if it would be resolved, if it was i would of gladly donated. but i dont beleive anyone would not of upgraded to a fully payed for version when your program was fully opperational and had so many features. when a ton of requests for your time to make your simple app so much bigger as it is now, it is fully understandable to charge. but as it played out it does not "seem" like a small app was your intention in the first place. as i said before, i may be wrong. if a small simple app was your intention, why is it not available for download anymore? charge for the better bug free one.
    Phone Phreak

You contradicted yourself. If you are saying that everyone surely would have upgraded to a fully paid version, what difference does it make if the barebones free one is available?

I am more and more amazed at the griping that goes on this board. Everyone wants to point the finger at someone else for their shortcomings. Silverado, Shadowmite and all the others that have donated their time and energy to offer us solutions shouldn't be admonished in any way (IMHO). Like I said earlier - it's HIS app, he can do with whatever he wants - including deleting the .8 version and only offering it for a purchase with no 30 day. I, personally am glad he hasn't - but those *****ing and moaning are only going to drive the creative people away from this site.

"No good deed goes unpunished" I guess...
    well i dont mean to conterdict myself, SCAM may have been the wrong word, i dunno what to call it. but bottom line is THERE IS NO FREE APP! if you downloaded the upgraded version like the thread suggested, you unknowingly lost the free app in the first place. if no one sees that as messed up, then man, i dunno..
    Quote Originally Posted by Phone Phreak
    well i dont mean to conterdict myself, SCAM may have been the wrong word, i dunno what to call it. but bottom line is THERE IS NO FREE APP! if you downloaded the upgraded version like the thread suggested, you unknowingly lost the free app in the first place. if no one sees that as messed up, then man, i dunno..
    Show me one post by Silverado claiming this app was free
    I refer to my "no good deed goes unpunished"

If anything, Silverado should remove the app altogether and just offer it via his site.

Silverado didn't put a 24 hour timer on it.. it's a 30 day timer. No one has had to take one cent out of their wallets for it, so in essense - you can't complain. Period.
    silverado, please accept my appology as I did not meant to start this. I value your services and ability to write such neat app. I am proposing a solution, it will not benifit me since I have kept both the old functional version and the .8 one, why do not you post both a free version which is basic one with double click and shift-side controling the app and the final version which includes all the other bells and wistles (enable disable, timer, and many of the other suggestions I saw earlier. let people choose and leave the door for donations open for those who choose the free version. I can speak for myself, after reading your posts I removed the .8 version and installed the original one, I love the app and I think it is very useful, and I think you should be compensated for your time and talent, and you should be encouraged to continue writting useful apps so I will DONATE what I see is fit. Again please accept my apology and consider my solution.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Im confused whats

"i would of gladly donated. but i dont beleive anyone would not of upgraded to a fully payed for version when your program was fully opperational and had so many features. when a ton of requests for your time to make your simple app so much bigger as it is now"

What features does this app have other than to toggle the lights on the keyboard on and off? I kinda see it as silverado made an app for us all for free and then fixed a couple of bugs. That was his intention from what i understood. What more did he add?

I personally dont mind giving a $1 or $2 for the app but nothing more. especially since he started off as making it free to better all of our treos. If there was any charge for the app. well it should have been stated as just that. "A beta test" for him to profit. everyone who tested it out should be givin the app for free considering it could have messed up there treo's
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    why do not you post both a free version which is basic one with double click and shift-side controling the app and the final version which includes all the other bells and wistles (enable disable, timer, and many of the other suggestions I saw earlier. let people choose and leave the door for donations open for those who choose the free version.
    How do you "enable disable, timer, and many of the other suggestions I saw earlier" I dont have those options. And i have .8 WTF!!! Am i missing something?
    The app could not have messed up anyones TREO - its an app! Some apps will conflict with the current data set, but in no way mess up hardware!
    Quote Originally Posted by michael82574
    How do you "enable disable, timer, and many of the other suggestions I saw earlier" I dont have those options. And i have .8 WTF!!! Am i missing something?
    Why do you care?
    well put michael, I wish I could of written what you said for my original post. btw I was refering to proposed changes.
    so basically people are mad because they think they are entitled to something for nothing. Is that right? I mean that REALLY is what the griping is about. You like a program that's useful and it's not free.

Find something new to complain about...
    Im not mad. I said id be willing to donate. Im just saying what is right and what is wrong. To be honest The most valuable patch, app, whatever you want to call it. would be faisals hard work with communicating with P1 on getting a fix. And all you called him out for setting up a paypal. for his time. He spent alot of time on hold and calling around. But he did it to benefit the rest of the community. And you all came down on him
    And like i said i dont mind giving a $$ for this app. BUT IT WASNT DONE IN A GENUWINE STYLE. So i see where people would be upset.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Why do you care?
    Why shouldn't i care? If i plan on buying this app shouldn't i know what its all about? GET A LIFE!
  16.    #236  
    I posted a new BETA version here. You need to download KBLightsOff_latest_beta.prc. Please backup your Treo before installing this version.

A major change in this version is that it has a setup screen that allows
    you to do the following:

- Enable/disable the program
    - Choose whether to automatically re-activate the program after a reset
    - Choose which key strokes can be used to manually toggle the KB lights
    - Set Auto mode.

Turning on Auto mode causes the KB lights come on automatically when you
    start using the keyboard (or when you use a toggle keystroke), and go
    off after 8 seconds of KB inactivity. Note that I have restricted the
    keys that affect this behavior to actual keyboard keys, so the hardware
    application keys, 5-way nav, menu and home keys do not affect it. I have
    done this because this is most likely the preferred mode for reading
    eBooks and general navigation. Furthermore, these keys are easy to find
    in low light.
  17.    #237  
    I think I have explained myself sufficiently on the registration issue. Again, it's simply amazing that some people are angry at me in the process of me offering uncommissioned work for free on my own initiative. If you think I was a dishonest person because I offered a free program for a week or so then stopped doing that, then please do not do business with me. I will stop responding to this issue unless something new merits further comment.
    I have KBLights off v0.8 is that the old one? the new one? the free one? the pay one?
  19.    #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by michael82574
    I have KBLights off v0.8 is that the old one? the new one? the free one? the pay one?
    0.8 is the latest known-stable version and it has a 30-day trial. If you read my posts in sequence through this thread you should have no confusion as to what the story is on features. You can also look at www.lilapps.com and read the relase notes.
    I gotta ? Since i have v0.8 and its a 30 day trial if i want to wait for the new one to become stable but my 30 days runs out will i get another 30 day trial for the new one after it becomes stable?