Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
  1.    #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by meloveu
    He has every right to sell it but to not let the community know that is will expire in 30 days was wrong. I wanted to use this item over the holidays and see if it worked without causing resets with my treo. After the holidays (and the crazyiness), I was going to send him a few bucks if his is little app worked well.

But now, I have already uninstalled it from my treo.

He should have been up front with this information about it expiring but he seems to have "conveninetly" left it out of his original posts. I have no problem with him trying to sell his app (probably would have bought it too) but I have to agree with gt5l that his tatics concerning KB LightsOff were just wrong.
    I honestly didn't have "tactics". I explained how things went in my response to gtl and I was too busy finishing the next version to decide on the specifics of registration.

I apologize if this gave a bad impression, it certainly wasn't my intention. I will edit the first post to let people know.
    Last edited by silverado; 12/26/2004 at 11:50 AM.
    is there a way to get rid of the icon on apps list?
    I wish i had this last night at the movies.
    Also is there a way to activate the lights and dim the lights a few notches?
    Where do you pay to get the reg code? Also is it lifetime upgrades?
    How much is it $0.99?
    Last edited by michael82574; 12/26/2004 at 11:58 AM.
    Capitalism and competition is wonderful.
    Someone else will provide it for far less if not free.
    silverado, shadowmite & others,
    If you at my earlier postings in this thread I did say I wish p1 could have built such an app, I also said that silverado did a great job. I agree that he has every right to sell it what I am trying to say that it was/is wrong not to inform users of his intetions.
    I have been following this thread from the start, and I have downloaded both the .8 version and the previous one. I know the .8 has a timer I have not tested the previous one yet, so which version was free. or do all the versions have this timer and the intent to sell was there from the start?
    Treoing & Loving it
  5.    #205  
    Versions prior to 0.8 were free.
    Quote Originally Posted by michael82574
    How much is it $0.99?
    Any comments on my questions? silverado....
  7.    #207  
    How much is it $0.99?
    You can hide icons by either putting them in their own group that you don't use or by using a launcher that can hide applicaitons. Unfortunately, the keyboard lights only have two states, on and off. You won't need registration for 30 days. I will post details on registration before then, and it would be a lifetime registration.
    Last edited by silverado; 12/26/2004 at 12:37 PM.
    Any idea on price? Also what will happen if you change your treo.(since i might exchange my phone)
  9.    #209  
    Any idea on price? Also what will happen if you change your treo.(since i might exchange my phone)
    I haven't decided on price and I don't want to state a figure that would later change. I will probably look at the 30 or so donations that I received and pick a number based on that.

You will be able to enter your registration code in the new Treo when when you exchange it.
    I donated at the beginning. Can I get a code?

thanks

dutchtrumpet@yahoo.com
  11.    #211  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I donated at the beginning. Can I get a code?

thanks

dutchtrumpet@yahoo.com
    Yes you will! You won't need it before mid-January and coming versions will have a way to enter the code before then.
  12.    #212  
    Quote Originally Posted by chazglenn3
    My problem seems to be that after KB Lights is activated and I toggle the light on or off, the next time I try to run Seattle Traffic the phone soft resets. Everything else seems to work fine. The reset won't occur unless I have actually toggled the light. Maybe someone is willing to download SeaTraffic and see if the problem also happens on their phone? You can get it at www.pdatraffic.com the application is free. Thanks, silverado, this is a great application!
    I downloaded SeaTraffic and tried using it with KB LightsOff as you described, but I didn't experience the problem. Can you give me an exact sequence of steps that causes this? Thanks.
    now wasn't this a way to "trick" people into getting rid of there free version, and downloading the trial to pay version under the exact same file name so no one will have the original free vr.

i guess we treo 650 users are an easy target for something like this since we seem to tolorate such slyness from palmone. if we werent used for beta testing then there should be downloads of the:

trial version, the original ment to be free version and the final fully opperational pay version.

but i doubt that will happen. as for paying this guy for the working vr. i wouldnt cause i have lost trust in him, if there are bugs in the futere who is to say it will be fixed by him. he has already taken us for fools...

unless i am wrong, maybe he just made a foolish mistake in how he approched pushing this app. it is a much needed app and worth paying for. but unless all versions are posted and we are able to decide what we want to download for are selves( the way it should of been from the start), this was a trick. flame if you like but i am free to my oppinion and where i put my money will be with an honest programmer!
    Last edited by Phone Phreak; 12/27/2004 at 12:22 AM. Reason: wrong w
    I can tell you that this was not an intentional deceit. I think its just like he said, at first it was simple hack and meant to be free, later it developed into quite an app and he decided he MIGHT want to charge for it. those of us who have paid still don't have a reg code. I beleive this is because he doesn't yet know what to charge.

Lighten up dude...
    If you don't like it... delete it. Pretty simple!
    I'd pay a buck or 2 for the app.
    isn't the point not to lighten up. i like my treo dark. but still, if he really ment for us to have a simple free app from hin generosity, then why isn't the first simple app posted for download?
    I'll be blunt about this. No one put a gun to anyone's head to download the app. Whether or not it was Silverado's original intent (which I seriously doubt) is irrelevent. He wrote the program and has every right to charge for it, remove it forever from this message group or whatever.

Personally, if I was Silverado, I would wonder why I even bothered to find a solution so many were looking for based on some of the nasty things that have now been said about him. Way to encourage future apps... you should be so proud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phone Phreak
    isn't the point not to lighten up.
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Phone Phreak
    i like my treo dark. but still, if he really ment for us to have a simple free app from hin generosity, then why isn't the first simple app posted for download?
    Email and ask him for it.

I really don't think he meant to entrap you into buying the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    I downloaded SeaTraffic and tried using it with KB LightsOff as you described, but I didn't experience the problem. Can you give me an exact sequence of steps that causes this? Thanks.
    I was just turning the lights off, then running SeaTraffic. I since deleted KBLights, but still have the soft reset problem, so it must be another app if not SeaTraffic itself that is the problem. Thanks silverado!
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
  20.    #220  
    PhonePhreak,

To call this scamming and dishonesty when it's all about my handing out an uncommissioned work is ludicrous and plain insulting.

I would be dishonest or pulling a scam if I took someone's money and didn't deliver, which did not happen and will not happen. When I sent version 0.8 to everyone who had contributed any amount I addressed them as "registered users". So my intentions regarding anyone who valued what he or she downloaded were obvious. To anyone who doesn't like what this app does, this is not an issue.