Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    There is a setting in Butler (a fantastic app) that allows you to use the side button as the center button. Useful for taking pictures of yourself. This keeps your app from working. Is there a workaround?
  2.    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    Does anyone think that kb lights could be causing soft resets? Started getting these problems recently in a number of applications and deleted caches and cookies and such and even after removed all of the 3rd party apps except kb lights and fileZ.

Just wondering, love the app and hope that is not the problem, but its the one common thing
    I haven't heard or experienced it to cause a reset. In what apps are you experiencing the resets? Are any of them consistently reproducible?
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    There is a setting in Butler (a fantastic app) that allows you to use the side button as the center button. Useful for taking pictures of yourself. This keeps your app from working. Is there a workaround?

Does the holding shift+side also not work?
    kramsauer and silverado, i've notified confusedvorlorn (butler author) about this issue.
  5.    #185  
    How about Shift-Side does that work? Also, the next version will allow you to control it using the Night keystroke. Suggestions for additional key combinations are welcome. I'll probably eventually allow setting any keystroke (a la McPhling).
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    I haven't heard or experienced it to cause a reset. In what apps are you experiencing the resets? Are any of them consistently reproducible?
    The problem is the resets are occuring in any app I might be in. Web, phone, apps, world clock even. That is why I was concerned it might be kb lights since that works in all apps.
  7.    #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    The problem is the resets are occuring in any app I might be in. Web, phone, apps, world clock even. That is why I was concerned it might be kb lights since that works in all apps.
    I'd be surprised if it was the cause, but stranger things have happened. Since I haven't released a version with an enable/disable screen yet, can you try to temporarily delete it (or move it to the SD card) and see if your problems persist?
    How about Shift-Side does that work? Also, the next version will allow you to control it using the Night keystroke. Suggestions for additional key combinations are welcome. I'll probably eventually allow setting any keystroke (a la McPhling).
    shift-side also does not work, silverado. confusedvorlorn is currently trying to make his side button function "considerate" of whether a single click, double click or hold is occuring.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...308#post503308
    I'd be surprised if it was the cause, but stranger things have happened. Since I haven't released a version with an enable/disable screen yet, can you try to temporarily delete it (or move it to the SD card) and see if your problems persist?

Ill keep you posted. Did a Hard reset, deleted all 3rd party apps and adding things one by one to see if and when it occurs again.
    I have been using version .8 for a while now, flawless, I wish P1 could develop apps tha would work so smoothly.
    Treoing & Loving it
    well reinstalled kb lights after a couple other apps and no problems so far. My leading canditates for problem apps right now are Butler and weekview.
    My problem seems to be that after KB Lights is activated and I toggle the light on or off, the next time I try to run Seattle Traffic the phone soft resets. Everything else seems to work fine. The reset won't occur unless I have actually toggled the light. Maybe someone is willing to download SeaTraffic and see if the problem also happens on their phone? You can get it at www.pdatraffic.com the application is free. Thanks, silverado, this is a great application!
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    Now it is expired after 30 days. I even have not used it that long. And it asks me to register on www.lilapps.com, but this website is not up yet. Anybody else has seen this?
  14.    #194  
    Fixup,

I'm sure you haven't used it that long since no one has. If your clock is set properly, please email me (treoapps@mailcan.com).
  15.    #195  
    chazglen,

I will try this tonight or tomorrow and let you know.
    silverado,
    I am surprised to see that you embedded a registration timer in your app without notifying us. in your first post you indicated that donations are welcome, you never mentioned registering or trial period. you, in essence used us as beta testers, provided you with input and ideas, and you are going to turn around and charge us. I does not matter even if the reg fee was $0.99, its a matter of principle and less thank forthcoming marketing tools.
    Treoing & Loving it
    So what!

KBlightsOff has become as common as the kitchen sink around here. Tons of people are putting into their custom roms. I would think those people should've donated anyway.

As for using people as "beta" testers... When has any app had a final versioin number of less than one? The current release is Ver 0.8
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    silverado,
    I am surprised to see that you embedded a registration timer in your app without notifying us. in your first post you indicated that donations are welcome, you never mentioned registering or trial period. you, in essence used us as beta testers, provided you with input and ideas, and you are going to turn around and charge us. I does not matter even if the reg fee was $0.99, its a matter of principle and less thank forthcoming marketing tools.
    This is the reason I have refused to add it to a custom rom at my web site. I already saw it had the timer... He has every right though to sell an app like this. If you want to be upset, be upset at palm for not building this in themselves...
    He has every right to sell it but to not let the community know that is will expire in 30 days was wrong. I wanted to use this item over the holidays and see if it worked without causing resets with my treo. After the holidays (and the crazyiness), I was going to send him a few bucks if his is little app worked well.

But now, I have already uninstalled it from my treo.

He should have been up front with this information about it expiring but he seems to have "conveninetly" left it out of his original posts. I have no problem with him trying to sell his app (probably would have bought it too) but I have to agree with gt5l that his tatics concerning KB LightsOff were just wrong.
  20.    #200  
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    silverado,
    gt5l,

My first few simple versions were free. After spending alot more time than I had planned on this, I decided that this is something I personally would have surely paid for if someone else had written it, so I thought it is fair to get paid for my work. Yes, donations are welcome and, as I have informed beta testers, anyone who has donated will obviously be registered for free.

I surely appreciate people's feedback! However, I think it's a bit of an exaggeration to call it beta testing since, except maybe for the first couple of hours on a Friday night a couple of weeks ago, I have only posted clean versions here that to my knowledge has generated almost zero trouble.