1.    #1  
    Just looked at my usage at Verizon's site. Says I have used 6,500 minutes. I just bought the Treo 600 a month ago.

Verizon says I must have an unlimited usage data plan with this phone. Going to store to clear up.

Any ideas folks?

thanks in advance

.................................................................................................... ......

Talked to Verizon and they dropped the minutes. Talked to tech guys and they told me the phone is designed to constantly check for data (like a Blackberry) I have three options $25, $45 or charge as I use (5 cents/kilobyte or about 29 cents a minute).

The problem is that if I use Eudora mail to check my email (ever so seldom as I do) I have to make sure that I turn off the data connection or it will continue to stay connected and run up another monster phone bill. They're not going to let me off the hook again. (not that the first time was my fault, sales guy new exactly how I used the previous phone and didn't even mention a data package)

Makes me miss the clunky Kyocera 6035 I had that allowed a quick call (using phone minutes) to check email.

Oh well, the phone and palm platform (contact and calender) is the primary reason I bought it.
    Last edited by Pittman; 12/11/2004 at 08:08 PM. Reason: answer
    Try searching, it's been discussed ad nauseum.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks just found out.
    I'm assuming you didn't know that you had to monitor the data connection? I just picked up the Treo and got $100 off for agreeing to sign up for 2 months of the unlimited data plan. After those two months however I plan to drop the data plan and use the data feature off-peak, using minutes only. I know there are others that have the 600 w/o a data plan, you just have to be aware when you're online.
    Quote Originally Posted by splufdaddy
    I'm assuming you didn't know that you had to monitor the data connection? I just picked up the Treo and got $100 off for agreeing to sign up for 2 months of the unlimited data plan. After those two months however I plan to drop the data plan and use the data feature off-peak, using minutes only. I know there are others that have the 600 w/o a data plan, you just have to be aware when you're online.
    which pretty much covers why Verizon sucks for data.
    Yeah, $45 for unlimited access is ridiculous. Who can afford to double the cost of their bill?