1.    #1  
    I was just streaming stations with Shoutcast. At 32 kbps it is smooth with no dropouts. I then opened up Blazer and was able to surf the web and listen to Shoutcast at the same time with no dropouts or interruption. Amazing! Unlike the 600, other apps seem to work with no performance degradation while Shoutcast is streaming. Try it!
    I'm glad this is working for you. Just an FYI though, when I had a Treo600 I used to do this all the time (surf and listen at over 32kbps with no stops or degredation). I don't think the hardware was necessarily the problem. Maybe your location has something to do with it, and this combined with the faster T650 processor have enabled you to do this.
    For those people (like me) who never owned a Treo 600, this is still good info.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
  4.    #4  
    paulsjmail. I may not have done this with the 600 so you are probably right. What I have done and remember on the 600 is while listening to MP3's with PTunes, Blazer had extremely slow response, this applies to using other apps. Not so with the 650. All apps feel normal with PTunes running in the background.

Another thing I just tried was while listening to Shoutcast, I used WebPro to download an MP3's OTA! Since Shoutcast and the download are wireless from different servers, I assume the only way it could work is due to the buffering action of Shoutcast. i.e. only while Shoutcast is playing from buffered memory is the DL happening. Whatever he mechanism, it's pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    I'm glad this is working for you. Just an FYI though, when I had a Treo600 I used to do this all the time (surf and listen at over 32kbps with no stops or degredation). I don't think the hardware was necessarily the problem. Maybe your location has something to do with it, and this combined with the faster T650 processor have enabled you to do this.
    How do you get ShoutCast to work. Been playing with this thing for a while and can't figure it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectronicLover
    How do you get ShoutCast to work. Been playing with this thing for a while and can't figure it out.

You gotta buy ptunes deluxe. Not the basic version.