1.    #1  
    I've been wanting to get a new phone. I'm on Verizon Network so I've been looking at the treo 600 and motorola v710.

So I thought I would ask the people of TreoCetral a few questions.

I guess my first question is what do people think of the reception on the treo. Do people get many dropped calls and how is the volume on the receiver and speaker. How does it sound using the treo as a mp3 player?

Has anyone used any of the external bluetooth adapters? If so did they find it worked well and which one did they like. I know I should wait for the treo 650 but I need a new phone now.

With the phone, if you do not get the data plan and you use the phone on nights and weekends does it still use your minutes for email and internet?

And if I do get the Treo are there any must have program I should get?

Thanks for all the help in advance and sorry about all the guestions.

--Term
    I love my Treo 600. Verizon is the carrier that I like because of their CS and coverage. I realize that carrier opinions will very greatly.
    I have had cellular phones since about 1982 all on what is now verizon. ( there have been so many name changes I think the first was Cellular One) The reception is the best of all the phones I have had.
    Blue Tooth I do not know about.
    I use Act for Palm, SnapperMail, PTunes, Audacity, Docs to Go, And they all work absolutely fine and I think my phone has reset (soft ) a couple time since July 13 When I got it.

Curt
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    I used to have a Bluetooth T-Mobile Ericsson T610 phone and a Sony Clie with bluetooth with the unlimited e-mail/internet plan. I loved it. A good web browser and E-mail on the go, in my car anywhere on the road, AND my regular phone in 2 portable devices in perfect synchronicity. Then my company got me Nextel unlimited. It was perfect for my voice calls, and I especially liked the Direct Connect, but REALLY missed the wireless web and E-mails. Nextel dosen't have any Bluetooth phones, and the phones browser and e-mail options were.....blah. So I looked into Treo 600. My plan was, and became this. I have my Nextel for my voice and direct connect, and my Palm for PIM functions, and wireless E-mail and Web on the go. I subscribed to the T-Mobile unlimited Internet only plan for $29.99/ Month. I get reception pretty much anywhere, I have the Treo pull my e-mail every 15 minutes and alert me when I receive any, and I get my wireless for mapquest, E-bay auctions, news, anything web oriented. It has become the perfect compliment to my Nextel. Please keep in mind, I am not comfortable using my Palm for a phone, I abuse my phones a bit and take REALLY good care of my Palm units. I am also impressed with the ability to receive a doc, open it into Docs to Go, edit the doc, and re-send it to my customer. That is so important to me in sales. I have Pocket Tunes for an MP3 program and it sounds pretty good, I wouldn't replace my IPOD with it, but when I am in need of music I have the headphones handy to listen if I like. I also have Kinoma which allows me to watch video in good enough quality to be thoroughly impressed. A little more on reception, that is going to vary from carrier to carrier, and location to location. In NJ where I am, everyone has been slowly but surely improving with their networks. Varizon is considered the best, T-Mobile #2 Cingular/AT&T #3 Nextel #4 and Sprint being the worst. I am all over the state all the time, so results are prettty much the same with all carriers for me, I always figure out where the deadzones are (And they all have them) and to me it seems they all have the same amount of them. So that choice will be on you......as far as the speaker.....I have called customer service a few times from the Treo 600, and their loudspeaker is great, nothing beats the Nextel loudspeaker, but this would be a good speaker if I relied on it. as far as bluetooth, I have tried bluetooth headsets, and they didn't impress me, I for some reason always got white noise in the background, my only other use for Bluetooth was for wireless internet....its integrated, no more need for it (for me) Look around on the forum about bluetooth if you REALLY need it, I don't know if it is available. Also, if you currently have a Palm device, make sure you load programs in one at a time when and if you get treo. Some are incompatible (for me it was the free AOL Instant Messenger) but I had reset loops until I figured that out. Programs I can't do without?

Launcher X
    Adobe Reader
    Docs to Go (Comes with it)
    E-Reader (E-Books)
    VeriChat (I now use AOL Instant Messenger with this program)
    Kinoma
    Pocket Tunes
    Acid Image
    No Limit Aces Texas Hold'em
    Tetris

Hope I'm helpful
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the help!!!

I also have T-Mobile. I use it with a pcmcia card that has unlimited internet and I also have a hp 6315 pda on T-Mobile. The hp6315 is nice but size is kind of big to carry around all the time.

But I use Verizon as my main cell phone carrier. I was using a LG 6000 that I can't stand anymore. So i was thinking about the treo. I figured with the treo I could do some e-mail, internet surfing,music,games,etc. I just have to find out what the usages would be for this.

The only other phone that I like, was the motorola v710. I know the v710 has pretty good reception and it has very nice sounding speaker especially for playing ringers. As a phone I think it would be ok. But for the e-mail,surfing,music,games,etc. I don't think it will fair as well as the treo.

Well thanks again!!!!

--Term
    Quote Originally Posted by termnatr
    I've been wanting to get a new phone. I'm on Verizon Network so I've been looking at the treo 600 and motorola v710.

So I thought I would ask the people of TreoCetral a few questions.

I guess my first question is what do people think of the reception on the treo. Do people get many dropped calls and how is the volume on the receiver and speaker. How does it sound using the treo as a mp3 player?

Has anyone used any of the external bluetooth adapters? If so did they find it worked well and which one did they like. I know I should wait for the treo 650 but I need a new phone now.

With the phone, if you do not get the data plan and you use the phone on nights and weekends does it still use your minutes for email and internet?

And if I do get the Treo are there any must have program I should get?

Thanks for all the help in advance and sorry about all the guestions.

--Term

You can buy mine for $200 see my post. I'll be putting it up on ebay monday night. It's 2 months old.
    my email is wilelliott@aol.com
    I'm interestd in the treo. thanks Bill