1.    #1  
    The WSJ business section today had two articles about a potential Sprint-Nextel merger to happen down the road abit and Engadget featured this blurb today...

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000940023309

Perhaps those of us who thought that the 3rd button on the left hand side of the Treo 650 was a potential location for PTT were more correct than we thought?? I dont see a high puchase rate of Treos by Nextel customers but it is certainly interesting.

First news of a Microsoft Pocket PC Treo, then a Linux version, and now a Nextel two way radio version? What next? VOIP?

kaiser
    "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
    --Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
    nytimes reports that verizon might swoop down and buy sprint b4 the sprint/nextel merger foes through. sprint nextel boards are going to vote on this this week.

verizon had a mtg with sprint late last week after they found out about sprint/nexel.

poor t-mo.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    its a strong value-based carrier
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    I have read the the nextel/sprint deal is >70% likely and will be announced next week. SprintPCS or something similiar will be the new brand name after consolidation.

It shows how valuable subscribers are to carriers... Certainly iden is not driving this!

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    T-Mobile is owned in part by the German government. They'll be fine.
    I hope VZW merges with Sprint, that is probably the only way VZW customers will get the 650. And knowing VZW the merger would be faster than their $&@!#*^ testing process - even with the government involved!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Quoted from ft.com:

A merger would significantly alter the competitive landscape. Sources close to Vodafone, the UK group which owns a 45 per cent stake in Verizon Wireless, said it would not be interested in either Sprint or Nextel. Deutsche Telekom, whose T-Mobile USA would become the smallest of the big carriers, is also thought unlikely to intervene.

Verizon, however, has made no secret of its desire to expand in mobile telephony. The company was last night said to be watching developments closely and had not ruled out making a move.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    well whos to say they would get the phones quicker. maybe for the treo 700 their crappy debugging and turnaround time would infect verizon-sprint-nextel-starbucks-krispy-kreme-mcdonalds telco instead.