Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My newbie-ness is showing!

Is there a way to test my 650's connection speed using Blazer? I don't do dial-up networking or anything fancy, just standard web stuff using Blazer.

If there is a way to test that, what is an average speed?

Appreciate the help (if any is forthcoming).
    Go to the address http://text.dslreports.com/mspeed

Choose the "200K" option. When I do this from Blazer on my T650 I get ~128Kb/s. Not bad, I only got around 70 on the T600 (even though I didn't think they changed anything with the 1xRTT network...)

Please post what you get as well.

Thanks.

Roman
    Fastest speed I got was 97Kb/s.
    85-120 kbts/s average here.
    My Bluetooth "Toys"

Sprint Treo 700p
    2005 Dodge Magnum RT w/UConnect
    HP DeskJet 450wbt
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Blazer 70 kbts/s
    Xino 279 kbts/s
  6.    #6  
    My results varied from 83 to 101 kbit/sec (most often in the 85-94 range). A little faster if I try the 50k or 100k test.

Is Xiino optimized for use on a 650 or proven compatible with a 650? Do you have to delete Blazer to use Xiino? (Is it even possible to delete Blazer?) Does Xiino have all the functionality of Blazer... or even more functionality?

Thanks for any info. I would definitely like to boost the speed of web browsing on my 650, sounds like Xiino may be an option if it isn't too full of bugs or compatibility issues at this point.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Xiino is faster in rendering text on page an dletting you begin to read as images load....MUCH faster. But, generally speaking, Blazer does a nicer job rendering the pages to look nice. It depends on the website. Where Xiino crushes Blazer is its cachign ability. For some unbelievable reason, Blazer caching doesn't work wen you exit Blazer and return. In fact, even going backwards sometimes doesn't invoke the cache. With Xiino, you leave the browser and when you reutnr you are in exactly the same page rendered nearly instantly. Even the prior pages are still in cache if your cache is large enough. I have found no compatibility problems with the T650 and Xiino.
    Where do you get Xiino? I can't find it.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    Where do you get Xiino? I can't find it.
    yah, here
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13
    Xiino is faster in rendering text on page an dletting you begin to read as images load....MUCH faster. But, generally speaking, Blazer does a nicer job rendering the pages to look nice. It depends on the website. Where Xiino crushes Blazer is its cachign ability. For some unbelievable reason, Blazer caching doesn't work wen you exit Blazer and return. In fact, even going backwards sometimes doesn't invoke the cache. With Xiino, you leave the browser and when you reutnr you are in exactly the same page rendered nearly instantly. Even the prior pages are still in cache if your cache is large enough. I have found no compatibility problems with the T650 and Xiino.
    How is it that PalmOne (or PalmSource, depending on who designs Blazer) couldn't fix the caching problem from the 600's Blazer? It seems to me that Sprint would be begging them to add caching to cut their data usage by a fairly large fraction.
    I got 112 kbit/sec with only one bar showing. Not too bad.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    I got 112 kbit/sec with only one bar showing. Not too bad.
    Help! All I get is 26 kbit/sec with 2 bars showing. What do I need to do to get up to speed?

Thanks
    Cleve
    I repeated several times, best I could do is 51 kbit/sec. When I view a website, it feels like I am using dialup again.
    You guys could try changing your proxy server. There's another thread somewhere with a list or link to a list of proxies. Just search around, I'm a little tired so I'm going to bed. G'nite TreoCentralites!
    Hey guys,

I just tried this test with Xiino and Blazer. Blazer got me 51kbps and Xiino got 134kbps. Pretty big difference.
    135 kbit/sec w/ blazer on AT&T edge GSM
    60k Sprint T600 on Blazer w/Sprints proxy (I need to check my plan minutes). I liked Xino (VERY fast) but felt like I had to use the stylus all the time. And yes, Blazer formats better.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

198k w/Xiino!!!! Smokes.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

74kbit/sec (200k) on my T650 Sprint with Blazer.
    91kbit/sec (100k)

BTW, the link is now www.dslreports.com/mspeed
    Last edited by DarkEye; 02/18/2005 at 07:45 AM.
    129kbit/sec (200k) Treo 650 Cingular with Blazer.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast