1.    #1  
    Anyone else have this problem? Teh jack won't even recognize that a headset is plugged in.

I used a radio shack adapter for headphones to listen to MP3s, I do get some warbaly, soft distorted music.

Any ideas? How do I get this thing fixed/replaced? Sprint wants me to go to a service center so they can tell me they have to send it in. Who knows how to deal with the return/repair/exchange process as simply as possible? What are the magic words?
    Quote Originally Posted by mausalot
    Anyone else have this problem? Teh jack won't even recognize that a headset is plugged in.

I used a radio shack adapter for headphones to listen to MP3s, I do get some warbaly, soft distorted music.

Any ideas? How do I get this thing fixed/replaced? Sprint wants me to go to a service center so they can tell me they have to send it in. Who knows how to deal with the return/repair/exchange process as simply as possible? What are the magic words?
    I don't have the particular problem but have been told by the people at RS that their adaptors don't work with TREO smartphone.

If you bring your phone into a swanky Sprint store and the tech determines it is damaged they will most likey give you a new one on the spot assuming they have one in stock. Also assuming there is no apparent physical damange caused by you or yours. I have had 4, count em, 4 TREO 600 replacements made at the Sprint store on the spot (all made with brand new units, no refurbished equip). In fact, just had the 600 replaces AGAIN last night. The magic words are simple: I need to have this $650 phone working for many many reason... business, personal, business, personal, etc. etc. and that's why I paid $650, and 5 bucks a month for handset replacement.

I should also mention my handset was first replaced by the equipment replacement program because I dropped it. Every subsequent replacement mentioned above was a result of defective hardware/software. When you go into the Sprint store the sales and tech support generally feels your pain, and if they don't, they should just a bit.
    Another note. When your phone is replaced through the Equip Replacement program with Lockheed(or whatever they're called) it comes with a 1 year guarantee that the Sprint stores honor.