Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone have any success with using bluespoon units on treo 650's?

the new AX's are developong quite a user base - tiny and supposedly work VERY well.

I am curious to pick this communtie's brains in regards to the bluespoon products.

regards,
    dolo
    .:Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around:.
  2. OJM
    Ordered mine today! Hope to have it on 12/21 and will post a review once I do....
    OJMBrooklyn

SPHi300>T300>T600>T650>PPC6700>700WX
    You might check out my thread here:

Bluespoon digital

As well, I know there are a number of other threads, try using the search function on the menu line.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by OJM
    Ordered mine today! Hope to have it on 12/21 and will post a review once I do....
    Where did you order from and what was the price?

thanks-
  5. OJM
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    Where did you order from and what was the price?

thanks-
    www.blueheadsets.com. Price is like $90 and they throw in a car and AC charger (as the included charger is USB). I could have gotten it cheaper from some European site but the shipping cost was higher which made it less of a deal. I will try to remember and post the European site addy.
    OJMBrooklyn

6.    #6  
    OJM - please post asap with your discoveries.

I got mine today and charged it, etc.

a few observations

1) the red light (indicating charging) goes off very quickly (15-30min)
    2) when paired - i get a good deal of static - enough to make the call very frustrating\
    3) listeners on the other end hear some static as well as inconsistent connections

Hope you have better luck then me.

I will just leave it on the USB charger over night even though the red light is not turned on.

regards,
    dolo
  7. OJM
    dolo,

As the AX is still backordered on blueheadsets.com, I cancelled my order and ordered from pilcon.com. I should have the headset Wednesday and will post my review. Where did you purchase your AX? Also, post your findings after trying it on a full charge. I sure hope you have better results. If not, I will be very bumbed....

PS How is the fit, size, volume, etc??
    OJMBrooklyn

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by OJM
    dolo,

As the AX is still backordered on blueheadsets.com, I cancelled my order and ordered from pilcon.com. I should have the headset Wednesday and will post my review. Where did you purchase your AX? Also, post your findings after trying it on a full charge. I sure hope you have better results. If not, I will be very bumbed....

PS How is the fit, size, volume, etc??
    I was able to purchase them through a contact that I have. Price was sig. lower then the other sites that sold the headsets. He also receives bulk shipments as he lives in the US. There is no car charger, etc. Just what comes in the original package. If you would like to pick one up at $70 + shipping, pm me. His original stock I believe is all out. But is expecting a new shipment. He also carries accessoris for the AX - specifically additional ear plugs, ac adaptors, and usb - ac adaptor cables (but those are after market)

It seems I have a batt issue with mine and Jon over @ nextlink is going to be sending me a new battery.

It does work - just the charging is an issue with static. The battery seems to be the culprit - and was found during pre-production.

I am not concerned as support and turn around time has been TOP NOTCH.

As for the info you have been waiting for:
    - Volume: Very loud - with no static this thing will be amazing!
    - Build quality: Very secure, stable, feels a taaaad bit fragile as it is made of plastic, but all in all very secure. (havent dropped it to test...you can do that if u want
    - Size: Oh my...so nice. I have used the original Jabra bluetooth headsets as well as the moto 810/20's. This is by far the best size but more importantly FIT!!! I thought the fit was going to questionable...but oh my I could not have been more wrong. Puppy fits like a charm!! I have bobbed my head back and forth, and even running this thing should be very fitting.

I have twoi pics - taken with the 650. I can email someone if they want to host. I am sure you can find tons of pics on the internet though.

Hope this helps. By no means base a decision on my unit not being 100%. Nextlink and my contact that sold me the unit has been hands down awesome while trying to resolve this issue. They are working together as well.

Regards,
    dolo
  9. OJM
    Thanks for the info dolo. Mine will be here on the 23rd (2 day DHL and I ordered late on Monday). I will post my observations upon receipt!
    OJMBrooklyn

10.    #10  
    look forward to it!

I am sure you will have no problems with yours (hopefully )

The damn thing is too sweet!

regards,
    dolo
    So does the AX support the 650's Handsfree profile? Does it fulfill these functions:

Incoming call alert in the headset
    Incoming call conversation is automatically transferred to the paired headset
    Outgoing call conversation is automatically transferred to the paired headset
    The active call is transferred from your Treo smartphone handset to your headset by pressing the headset button.
    Allow a Call Reject by pressing a button on the headset
    Allow a Call Redial by pressing a button on the headset
    Allow a Call Swap by pressing a button on the headset
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    waitin for a review to see if all is well with the treo
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    can you bring up voicesignal thru this thing.. can you at least answer incoming calls on the AX... is there volume control on the headset...
    um so far i see two reviews with static and they are both being blamed on the battery????

i dunno about that... the moment someone tells me this thing gets CLEAR reception and also can answer calls from the headset, i may have to pick it up till the BT 800 comes out and even then.. if its small enough, ill forego the caller id screen for tininess. please guys.. dish the info!

OJM let us know when you get yours today. if you have static its safe to say this thing is bunk with the treo 650 and its cardo 500 for me!
  14. OJM
    Received my AX and have answered a few questions below. Love the size/weight/comfort. Makes the Moto HS820 look HUGE! Static occurs when the headset is 15 to 20 feet from the Treo. Volume and clarity are solid - better than the Moto. Only thin the Moto wins on is range...by a smidge. Would prefer better range but it is a keeper for me!

Answers to your questions:

Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    So does the AX support the 650's Handsfree profile? Does it fulfill these functions:

Incoming call alert in the headset?

YES

Incoming call conversation is automatically transferred to the paired headset?

YES

Outgoing call conversation is automatically transferred to the paired headset?

YES

The active call is transferred from your Treo smartphone handset to your headset by pressing the headset button?

YES

Allow a Call Reject by pressing a button on the headset?

Haven't tried yet.

Allow a Call Redial by pressing a button on the headset

YES

Allow a Call Swap by pressing a button on the headset

Haven't tried yet.
    PS Have already had three people ask about it while in a Starbucks in Soho (Manhattan). All have said it "looks cool" - how is that for a change. Everyone thought my Moto and Jabra were dorky...
    OJMBrooklyn

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    im getting one. i was gonna wait for the bt800 but i need form factor more then i need a 2 line caller ID.

a suggestion for voicesignal. since they use the contacts address book to say the name of your entered contact, they should pipe that name into your earpiece somehow so you know whos calling

^_^
    OJM,

I was a little unclear from what you wrote--is there static less than 15' (e.g. with the phone in your pocket or on your belt)? I certainly still get static with the JT250 that came with my Treo. Also, did you try someplace where there was an active WiFi network (I seem to get less static when I move away from my Base Station).

Thanks,
    --Mathew
    Thanks for the answers, OJM!
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    i just got my bluespoon ax.
    the immediate verdict.
    thrilled with the size.
    annoyed with the static.

if there really is a battery issue, how do i find out if my battery is a bad one.
    i definitely have heard static on my side and get static complains and am told i sound jittery on the other side.

also i cant seem to walk more than 5 feet away without it becoming unbearable.

this seems to be a pattern and i blame the Treo 650 and not bluetooth but we still need to find out how to get this working right...

granted i should let it charge for longer so i will get back to you after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    i just got my bluespoon ax.
    the immediate verdict.
    thrilled with the size.
    annoyed with the static.

if there really is a battery issue, how do i find out if my battery is a bad one.
    i definitely have heard static on my side and get static complains and am told i sound jittery on the other side.

also i cant seem to walk more than 5 feet away without it becoming unbearable.

this seems to be a pattern and i blame the Treo 650 and not bluetooth but we still need to find out how to get this working right...

granted i should let it charge for longer so i will get back to you after that.
    Bummer, I was really hanging my decision on what you thought. Let us know if its better after a longer charge. Also if it sucks again after the battery drains a bit.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast