Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I think the best results are achieved when you have your phone in your pocket and the headset on your ear. How does the combo fare under such circumstance?

Any further than that and I am sure there will definitely be static. That was what I experienced on my old Nokia + Bluespoon Panther combo. And I'm pretty sure its the same for all other pairings. I could be wrong though.
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    well i have to admit.. after a full charge, i have been getting good results from my AX.
    i am not saying its crystal clear but its better than by bt 250 and if i adjust the phone volume and the headset volume to about medium audio setting, its sounds pretty clear and for the most part ive been testing it in a wi fi saturated area. i was able to make a call (with the treo flat on the desk) right by a wifi access point with no interference today, i will be road trippin it out this weekend and will be posting reviews on both the bluespoon ax and tomtom in depth on monday or so.

have a good new years every1!
    I have used the Moto 810 and now have been using my new AX. I'm extremely satisfied so far. By the way I have another AX coming to me and when its received I'll be looking for a buyer. If anyone is interested please email me. I ordered one from two different places due to impatience so I'll sell for the average of the two costs, at about $95 shipped. Also if any one would like one please let me know, I can set up an additional order. They usually get to me within a week or so.
    I'll add my voice to the chorus of happy users. I got mine today and have made a number of test calls. No complaints whatsoever. I'm still curious about the battery life, but we'll see.

-MB
    I have had mine for a week and am really pleased. It blows away the BT250.

The handsfree stuff works great.

The sound quality is excellent.

The range is fair--definitely better than the BT200 or BT250. The static is not an issue in normal range (pocket>ear). I really doubt there will be better performance from other headsets.

There is the normal wi-fi induced issues (clicking/static near any wifi equipment or cordless phones that use the same spectrum), but I doubt that is going to be fixed until we get a digital bluetooth 1.2 headset going (there are rumors of a bluespoon DX and more rumors of a possible 650 upgrade to 1.2, so keep your fingers crossed!).

Verdict: highly recommended.

-Scott
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Well i can put in the official word. this earpiece is a keeper.
    Used as a car phone or with the phone on a desk is ideal. in the car it was as perfect as it could get. not a bit of static to be heard with my phone in the holder.

walking down a windy street proves serious problems but they are the same problems faced in most situations except probably for the cardo 500.

no problems at all with the mic. VERY LOUD and crisp earpiece. you cant turn this all the way up or it will hurt your ear with the loudness.

excellent. i owe ya one dolo for hookin me up!
    Mine is comin' in a couple of hours (hopefully) and I'm going to pair it with the Jabra A210 since I don't have the Treo650. Hopefully, this is good enough to hold me down until I get JAM.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by wahili
    Well i can put in the official word. this earpiece is a keeper.
    Used as a car phone or with the phone on a desk is ideal. in the car it was as perfect as it could get. not a bit of static to be heard with my phone in the holder.

walking down a windy street proves serious problems but they are the same problems faced in most situations except probably for the cardo 500.

no problems at all with the mic. VERY LOUD and crisp earpiece. you cant turn this all the way up or it will hurt your ear with the loudness.

excellent. i owe ya one dolo for hookin me up!
    No worries at all Wahili. I have received so much input and advice from you guys. This is the least I can do.

Share the knowledge!!

HNY!!!!

Regards,
    dolo
    .:Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around:.
  9.    #29  
    when charging, does your red lights on your AX go off after less then 20 minutes? I can't tell if this thing is charging properly...

or am i the victim of another misfortunate situation? Also are your volume keys nice and sturdy? I have alot of rattle with mine!

Regards,
    dolo
    i have no rattle in my buttons
    Yeah, they rattle a bit. It doesn't have the build feel of say an overpriced Sony product, but the other than the lose buttons, it's solid. The way the piece fits in your ear, while awkward at first, turns out to be brilliant. It connected immediately and sound quality has been reported as good.

I only have a few gripes so far. It doesn't seem to "remember" the last volume setting between calls. The maximum volume seems to be on the low-side, so this is a real drag. Also, the fact that the power charger is a USB cable is a drag. I understand it allows one to charge through the PC, but since my primary use is in the car, I need to buy a cigarette lighter/USB power adapter to ensure it's regularly charged. Finally, the battery life is a mystery to me still. It seemed to be short the first time I used it, but I may not have charged it long enough. I left it connected to the PC overnight.

Overall, minor gripes. Hopefully, the battery issue was a one-time thing. You'll certainly be hearing again from me if not.

-MB
  12.    #32  
    aah...thanks for the info michael.

does your red light shut off after about 5 minutes?
    Unit was new - plugged it in - red light goes on.
    After about 25 minutes or so - red light goes off.
    Pull it out plug it back in - red light goes back on then shuts off after less then 5 minutes.

The manual says the charge should go for 8 hours - then the red light will shut off when fully charged.

Anyone else having this issue?

Regards,
    dolo
    Dolo (I haven't heard the word in a hot minute),
    I, too, am experiencing the same thing. then again, I've only had the headset for a couple of hours and tomorrow will be the real world experience for battery life. I'll post more soon.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by LordPhong
    Dolo (I haven't heard the word in a hot minute),
    I, too, am experiencing the same thing. then again, I've only had the headset for a couple of hours and tomorrow will be the real world experience for battery life. I'll post more soon.
    Phong,

What's Shakin? lol - dolo comes from a time when i was much much younger...haha

Keep me in the loop with your results. The headset has been sitting in the charger all day - with no redlight after the first five minutes of plugging in.

I'll keep you in the loop with my discoveries as well.

Regards,
    dolo
    How is the talk time (real life) on the AX? If anyone can compare it to the performance of the BT250, that'd be great. I have the BT250 and it's crackly around any wifi network...lots of wind noise (any background noise, for that matter)... I'm considering the AX or the Cardo Scala 500...
    I returned the Cardo b/c of the fit. It would not stay pressed up against my ear. The speaker rests on the outside of the ear canal, it doesn't have anything to hold on to. The reception was good, but it's a deal kill if it won't stay on.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang
    How is the talk time (real life) on the AX? If anyone can compare it to the performance of the BT250, that'd be great. I have the BT250 and it's crackly around any wifi network...lots of wind noise (any background noise, for that matter)... I'm considering the AX or the Cardo Scala 500...
    i also have charging problems. i just got mine this morning and i'm charging it for the first time. red light went off after 1 hour of charging. i know i'm suppose to charge it for 8 hours for a full charge. does this mean that charging has stopped? do i have a bad battery?
    Mine did that too. I just left it connected and all seems fine.
    thanks. so long as i know i don't have a faulty AX. this is my third BT and i'm hoping this could be the one.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang
    Rogerkang - sorry for the delayed response. I used the AX talking to a friend for 2.5 hours straight (she's the loquacious one). I've gone two days without charging but I'm nost a heavy user. It will have to suffice when I go on my away trips since I don't usually bring laptops to my racquetball tourneys. I use the same charger from my Jabra A210.

BTW, I got mine from MixMaven and he tells me that the units are coming precharged. So don't worry about the 8 hour initial charging. I love this set. I just need to get rid ofthe dongle and I'll be straight.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast